Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Girl On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

HuiZ

Random, but... Wow, I just realized in 3 days' time, it will be my 7th anniversary of joining this site.

7 years since that life-changing audition, I'm still here because Carrie is still giving us fantastic music, while smashing iTunes, airplay, buzz and sales along the way.
Hopefully very very soon, awards will be back too.

Loving it! :D:D:D

clh_hilary

Random, but... Wow, I just realized in 3 days' time, it will be my 7th anniversary of joining this site.

7 years since that life-changing audition, I'm still here because Carrie is still giving us fantastic music, while smashing iTunes, airplay, buzz and sales along the way.

The history of country music has to be divided by Pre-Underwood and Post-Underwood eras now. :'(

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
GG starts strong at #42 with 370 spins and 3.287 million AIs on Mediabase. GG has been played on 122 stations, which is a little over half the stations monitored by Mediabase. According to the Billboard real-time tracker, GG has 3.1459 million AIs as of early this morning and is easily the greatest gainer for the week with just one day of airplay. Looking at last week's Billboard chart, that level of airplay would have put GG at #35. It's hard to predict what the debut positions will be. New songs don't do as well on the weekend as they do during the week because a large part of weekend programming is countdowns and sydicated programming and the new songs are not on the countdowns yet. I don't expect GG to move up too much tomorrow on Mediabase. GG will probably end the week on Mediabase at #40 or #41. The debut on Billboard should be considerably higher with two more days of airplay instead of just one. I expect GG will debut in the mid to high 20s on Billboard.

Brittany

Which day of the week did CC debut on radio? It looks as if GG has significantly less time to chart before the weekly chart ends.

DizzyDollyDee

She was great in the beginning but she is over the top awesome now!!! Yes, we are really really lucky!!

10is4love

You guys are gonna die after I tell you this. I don't know if it's been posted or whatever...but..I don't even know where to post this but...I just saw the live performance of Good Girl!!!! It's a video! OMG OMG Awesome!

jhomes87

I posted my thoughts on Pulse and thought I'd copy them here (keep in mind that I'm referencing the Billboard chart in these thoughts. GG won't debut as high on Mediabase).

I'm looking at the most recent 3/3 Billboard chart, at the audience totals for the songs in the 20's. Brantley Gilbert and Craig Morgan were at #23 & #24, both over 9 million. Both look likely to move up into the 10.5-11 million range and that's probably out of the reach of "Good Girl". At #25 was Chris Cagle's "Got My Country On", with 7.544 million. He's having a pretty strong week and I think he can hit the 9 million mark. Then there was a gap back to #26 Casey James, who had 6.240 million and will move over the 6.5 million mark but likely won't hit 7 million. GG should be able to outdo that, so that's where I'm looking--in between Chris Cagle and Casey James.

Now, if GG can gain today and tomorrow what it did on Friday (which is the 3.287 million that we see in today's update), it would probably be over 9 million. However, a small part of today's number is from late Thursday night. Also, the weekend numbers might be a tad lower since there is more syndicated programming.

GG has 2 days left to gain. I think it will land somewhere in the 8-9 million range. I'd like to narrow it down more but we'll see what tomorrow's numbers look like. Also, the Mediabase numbers tend to be a little higher (usually) and lately they've been even higher with the 2 Dallas stations temporarily removed from the Billboard panel.

Putting "Good Girl" in between Chris and Casey would make for a debut of #26. But, time to look at possible recurrents. I see just one--Luke Bryan. I think he'll drop out of the top 10 due to loss of spins, and thus go recurrent. So that bumps GG up to #25. Maybe it could still be #24 if she's able to sneak ahead of Chris Cagle, but I'm gonna go slightly conservative (since I'm going off of just 1 day of data) and say #25 for her debut on Billboard.

It's hard to say where it would've landed at with a full week of airplay. If it gained 3.1 million in the first day, typically it won't do quite as well on the following days, and as Cary mentioned, weekends numbers are usually a tad lower.

However, seeing the Billboard Real Time-Tracker (which isn't real-time anymore--it only updates once daily) and that GG is over 3.1 million after 1 day, I feel confident saying that it would break the #20 debut record for a solo female that she set with "So Small". If "Good Girl" had been released on a Monday, it could've debuted in the 15-18 range on Billboard. That's assuming it would have maybe 16-19 million AI's, but of course 3.1 million multiplied by 7 is more than 21 million. I just scaled it back a bit, factoring in the weekend and the fact that after the first day, not each day might be that high.

Keep in mind that a 15-18 debut on Billboard is astonishing. Besides Garth Brooks' "More Than A Memory", which was infamously pushed to its #1 debut, the highest debut is #16 by Kenny Chesney's "Don't Blink". He also debuted at #17 with "The Boys Of Fall" in 2010, and Keith Urban's "Once In A Lifetime" also had a #17 debut.

12russ79

If I remember correctly, it was late Wednesday night.

That's right your memory hasn't gone completely.... LOL
I wanted to post and tell everyone that the late week debut of GG is gonna have one major benefit that hasn't been discussed yet.... It will have a much higher debut on CCUSA and all the other countdown shows.... Most average Country fans are not obsessed with the charts like we are believe it or not.... They get all their chart information from these syndicated countdown shows... So in a few weeks when GOOD GIRL debuts on these charts it will debut in the top 20 for sure and maybe the top 15......Just imagine the kind of BUZZZZZZZZZ that will create when Lon says"And now here is the highest debuting song on our countdown since Garth Brooks.... Making its Debut at lucky #13 is GOOD GIRL by Carrie Underwood... It's great to have her back on our countdown" !!!!

teesharky

You guys are gonna die after I tell you this. I don't know if it's been posted or whatever...but..I don't even know where to post this but...I just saw the live performance of Good Girl!!!! It's a video! OMG OMG Awesome!

Awesome! Do you mean the one from the crs party with Carrie wearing neon blue shorts?

teesharky

TX Cary! That is better then I expected due to the weekend countdowns.

Plus NASCAR is back all weekend with the Daytona 500. There is a race today and tomorrow. So that might hurt too right?

PS my station WGNA has been playing it as promised and I got a old of the nice afternoon DJ to request it yesterday again. He said he loved it and it was gonna be a smash! He said it reminded him of Shania but with even better vocals. Wow!

GG starts strong at #42 with 370 spins and 3.287 million AIs on Mediabase. GG has been played on 122 stations, which is a little over half the stations monitored by Mediabase. According to the Billboard real-time tracker, GG has 3.1459 million AIs as of early this morning and is easily the greatest gainer for the week with just one day of airplay. Looking at last week's Billboard chart, that level of airplay would have put GG at #35. It's hard to predict what the debut positions will be. New songs don't do as well on the weekend as they do during the week because a large part of weekend programming is countdowns and sydicated programming and the new songs are not on the countdowns yet. I don't expect GG to move up too much tomorrow on Mediabase. GG will probably end the week on Mediabase at #40 or #41. The debut on Billboard should be considerably higher with two more days of airplay instead of just one. I expect GG will debut in the mid to high 20s on Billboard.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
One correction to the update. I forgot to check recurrents on Mediabase and found that 3 songs are going recurrent this week (including thankfully Red Solo Cup). So GG should debut at #37 or #38 on Mediabase.

CALEBJOE

It won't be long before Good Girl blasts it's way up the charts should easily move through the bottom 10 rather quickly.Pretty obvious that radio has been starving for new Carrie music this will be fun watching this rocket to the top.