Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Girl On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

clh_hilary

I'm so completely slayed. It seems She went #57 on iTunes in just 2 hours? I don't understand why they don't release it on a Monday or a Tuesday though...

HuiZ

But the CRS isn't even all that important and as big as a promotional platform is it?
Let's face it, however the song premieres, fans will love it and buy it.

Imagine that instead of choosing a radio station to premiere it, she lets ALL radio stations feel special by letting them hear it first, and they ALL get to premiere the song for their own listeners. It's also a special way of saying "thank you for playing the crap out of my songs" to all the DJs and PDs.

Promotion aiming at fans can only go so far. Artist don't win industry awards or have multiple week no.1s just by promoting to fans ;)

clh_hilary

Let's face it, however the song premieres, fans will love it and buy it.

Imagine that instead of choosing a radio station to premiere it, she lets ALL radio stations feel special by letting them hear it first, and they ALL get to premiere the song for their own listeners. It's also a special way of saying "thank you for playing the crap out of my songs" to all the DJs and PDs.

Promotion aiming at fans can only go so far. Artist don't win industry awards or have multiple week no.1s just by promoting to fans ;)

Yes, but she could still just perform it live for them, then to send the studio version out on Monday. Or, send the song to radio concurrently, but releasing it to iTunes only until Monday.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
GG went to radio too late last night to have any impact on today's Mediabase update. So the first morning update of the new era will be tomorrow.

12russ79

Well I Just heard it debuted on KFROG and they said CARRIE HAS DONE IT AGAIN....,
Boy I'll say!!! There is nothing on the radio even remotely SOUNDS like this song.... It's like a cross between LYNARD SKYNARD and HEART and SHANIA and PAT BENATAR.....What that means is its CARRIE... And the more I listen to it the better it sounds.... This is a statement song that tells everybody Carrie is back and she's ready to kick some major ASS!!!!

I can't wait to start getting updates for Good Girl! I didn't hear it in the car this morning, but I'm sure I'll start hearing it a ton, it's so good!!

pklongbeach

Thanks Russ. I am gonna call and email Kfrog about the song right away.
Do you tend to call and talk to someone or do you text or do you email??

teesharky

Well I Just heard it debuted on KFROG and they said CARRIE HAS DONE IT AGAIN....,
Boy I'll say!!! There is nothing on the radio even remotely SOUNDS like this song.... It's like a cross between LYNARD SKYNARD and HEART and SHANIA and PAT BENATAR.....What that means is its CARRIE... And the more I listen to it the better it sounds.... This is a statement song that tells everybody Carrie is back and she's ready to kick some major ASS!!!!

Agree! If you close your eyes and just listen to the first part of the song before Carrie sings, it sounds like it could be a classic rock song by skynard or Joan jett or even aerosmith. Lol. I think Carrie has been influenced by her time with Steven Tyler in a good way. Lol

I hear a little Shania and a little heart or Joan jet. I am so proud of Carrie as she really knocked it out of the park!!

Carrie is getting nothing but love on twitter! Love it! Only one disgru tled soul saying it is not country but that is to be expected. We will hear more of that from the haters down the road but I honestly don't care.

A good song is a good song and there is nothing like this on the radio right now so Carrie is going to blow everyone away!!

I just hope country radio doesn't find it too rock for their could try but it is no different from last name or undo it in that respect.

However I this k it is even better the last name or undo it, and slightly better then cowboy Casanova too! I never thought I would say that as I adore CC but this song has a better beat!

pklongbeach

I'm loving it sooo much.
I am so glad we are all in agreement. Cause this puts so much of the "hater" stuff into context.
I have not felt so confident about a carrie song in a long time. It's perfect from start to finish, and it makes me feel like I could give a rats.... about what anyone else thinks. It's like she's singing it just for Me!!!