Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Girl On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

sam_vzla

Well GG gets its first add before it even hits radio. It was added by KWOF in Denver.

This means they already have the song in their hands? I find it so weird it hasnt leaked, I was thinking maybe they havent send it to radio stations yet...I mean I dont see anyone not playing this if they already have it lol. Anyway, good to see this.

teesharky

Wow-- look at these numbers from Billboard:

Adele's "21" album hits a number of major milestones this week on the Billboard 200 chart, as it basks in the glow of the British diva's multiple Grammy Award wins on Feb. 12.
The album sold 730,000 copies in the U.S. last week (ending Feb. 19) according to Nielsen SoundScan -- up a whopping 207%. It spends a 21st week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

hjj

Adele will have a heck of time matching the success of this album with any future albums.

carebear4eva

Wow-- look at these numbers from Billboard:

Adele's "21" album hits a number of major milestones this week on the Billboard 200 chart, as it basks in the glow of the British diva's multiple Grammy Award wins on Feb. 12.
The album sold 730,000 copies in the U.S. last week (ending Feb. 19) according to Nielsen SoundScan -- up a whopping 207%. It spends a 21st week at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Woah!

WOAH!!!

I want these for Carrie! :( :( :(

teesharky

TONY BENNETT COLUMBIA 20,128 +46%
Tony saw a nice increase for Duets II. Carrie didn't make the top 50 on HDD but hopefully she saw a little increase too.

jhomes87

I really don't think we'll hear the song until midnight, or 11 central time. It's been registered at Mediabase, but the streaming link has NOT been uploaded yet. I think it will get 4 full days of airplay on Billboard and 3 on Mediabase. I'm gonna predict a debut of #25 on Billboard, maybe #24 if Luke Bryan's "I Don't Want This Night To End" loses enough spins/audience to fall out of the top 10 and go recurrent (Luke is already recurrent on MB but is still #7 on the 3/3 Billboard chart).

There are a lot of variables, though. It's hard to say how much airplay it will get per day. I'm guessing quite a bit. And of course, if the song leaks a few hours early (sometime today) that will definitely make an impact. Will watch and see, and if things change, I'll modify my prediction a little bit but I'm gonna go with #25 on Billboard.

yehchern

Woahh at Adele's number!! 2012 best selling album is gonna be between adele and carrie! hopefully carrie does well!

clh_hilary

...Norah Jones has been selling half of what she could sell albums after albums. And after "The Fall", she also released "...Featuring" and an album with Little Willis or whatever her band's called which is actually being classified as country. And both ranked. Her last album doesn't have much longevity either so it's not like this one will be big or anything. If you ask me, she'd be lucky to even top 6 digits.

teesharky

^ Tx for that. I am a little worried about Norah Jones but not too much so. As long as GG hits big and her team does enough promo, Carrie should sell 250k at least hopefully.

Wow check out Adele's digital sales! lol

Finally, "21's" so-far three singles moved an incredible number of downloads last week -- a combined total of 709,000. "Rolling in the Deep" shifted 271,000 (up 115%), "Set Fire to the Rain" did 254,000 (up 36%) and "Someone Like You" sold 183,000 (up 44%).

Manchs

I don't think we should be worried. Norah's last album opened with 180k... and te first prediction is saying Carrie may open with 300k. :D

clh_hilary

I think 200-250k copies for Carrie is the safer bet for now. Norah Jones' last album didn't hit #1, and it was released a few years ago when albums sales are better, and right before the holiday season, by the way. I absolutely love her and actually was one of the few buyers of her last album, but very obviously her original Pop-Jazz sound has already worn off for the general public as shown by her sharp decline in sales, and that she's unlikely to get a real hit outside of Smooth Jazz and Triple A anyways, considering her voice and the music she sings. She's also never a very visual artist either so a video should not help her much in the short term. Not to mention, starting from "Not Too Late" she has gone too Pop for a lot of Jazz listeners, i.e. her core fanbase, and "The Fall" pushed even further to that direction, which alienated even more core fans of hers. Hell, she might not even debut ahead of ADELE by then!

pklongbeach

I must admit that I am just shocked at Adeles numbers.
Happy for her absolutely, but still shocked.
It is one of those perfect storm moments.
Great voice/great album/great singles (one after another)/great award exposure!
As far as Carrie, I would love to see GG hit really big and even begin some crossover and when May 1st comes we see 300.
With Adele doing so well and artists like Bruno and Buble doing so well it seems people are willing to buy hard copies if the music is good enough.
I hope Carries planners are really gearing up for this change in the weather.

12russ79

Well nothing surprises me that Adele does anymore.... In this day age to just stand there and sing in the pop world you better be in another dimension vocally.... And she is...... Of course it helps to have great songs also.....
Carrie is in that dimension of greatness also.... And I'm getting a little nervous I have to admit.... I want the world to love our GOOD GIRL as much as we do.... GG is almost universally loved on this forum after hearing the 2nd clip.... That never happens so that gives me hope that this song could be as big as BHC...... I've been monitoring a few Country stations on IHEART and other then listening to the ZACH and SWIFTY show I'm hearing some real excitement for GOOD GIRL!!!!!
This ERA feel like it is gonna be Carries MASTERPIECE!!!
And it will be my pleasure to share it with all of you great Carriefans!!!!

nccountrygal

Well I am glad Carrie is not releasing her album this month or next month. I don't think she could compete with Adele's numbers. Just wow at Adele's numbers! Has her album now passed Carrie's Some Hearts. I thought I just read somewhere that she has now sold around 7.3 million copies of "21".

12russ79

Please move the Adele discussion to the Everything Else section. There is already thread for there for Adele.

http://www.carriefans.com/forums/music/149654-adele-21-era.html

Ok folks come on and admit it.... Whenever you see Cary post in this thread your heart jumps up into your throat because you think YES IT'S HERE...... LOL That's what just happened to me....See the power you have Cary!!!!!!
GOOD GIRL IS COMING AND IT CAN'T BE STOPPED!!!!

vacarriefan256

True! When Cary speaks - Carrie Fans listen :) The GM of The Eagle in Norfolk, VA, who is in Nashville this week, said in a call to the station that he was going to be on the baot tonight & would get to hear CU's new song. He said the DJs would be plying it on Friday. We are down to hours!!!

teesharky

It seems like radio djs are almost as excited as we are for new Carrie material!

That is a good sign! lol