Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good Girl On The Mediabase Charts (Blown Away Era)

pklongbeach

As she has been out of the scene for a while it is very possible that people will grab it for the curiosity.
But as big a build up as Carrie is getting for her album I am doubtful that Norah can dethrone her.
But if Norah has a hit at pop radio ahead of time. It is possible.
This is why I think it is important for Carries handlers to start courting pop. I know, I know,...I'm just sayin'!

carebear4eva

This is vaguely on topic, so I'll say it here : How do you think Carrie should debut the song and its video?

I say : YOUTUBE!

I'm sorry, but in today's world, intensive YouTube promotion is VERY important. The pattern really is 1) open YouTube 2) Oh, there's a new song by Carrie Underwood 3) Listen to song 4) Hey, I like this song 5) Open iTunes and buy the song.

I know that Carrie is very loyal to CMT, and debuts her videos there, but it's time for some VEVO/YouTube promotion! It'd be great for her international sales in particular!

liveasong

This is vaguely on topic, so I'll say it here : How do you think Carrie should debut the song and its video?

I'm sorry, but in today's world, intensive YouTube promotion is VERY important. The pattern really is 1) open YouTube 2) Oh, there's a new song by Carrie Underwood 3) Listen to song 4) Hey, I like this song 5) Open iTunes and buy the song.

I know that Carrie is very loyal to CMT, and debuts her videos there, but it's time for some VEVO/YouTube promotion! It'd be great for her international sales in particular!

Agree with everything you said ! :)

nccountrygal

I think they should debut the GG video on Idol like they did with Madonna.

carriefann

No way Norah Jones can beat Carrie to the top. Anticipation for this album has been building up, and I haven't even heard about Norah's album until today.

teesharky

No. I love Norah Jones and have all her albums-- but she won't beat Carrie. Her popularity/celebrity status has diminished quite a bit since then. I think Norah can pull in 100k maybe, but Carrie should be more around the 250-300k range hopefully, depending on how good Carrie's single does.

Norah isn't getting much radio airplay these days--- so that hurts her.

Manchs

Oh, just saw Norah's last album opened with less than 200k!

Our #1 is safe then :p Unless Adele does something :mad:

HuiZ

Well GG gets its first add before it even hits radio. It was added by KWOF in Denver.
LOL! Good decision! Why bother waiting? Everyone knows it's gonna be awesome and everyone knows it's gonna be a monster hit anyway! :D;):p

teesharky

YES! Go Denver! lol

Loving this! All the radio stations are tweeting like crazy about her clip video. Even my boring station tweeted it tonight!!

teesharky

As she has been out of the scene for a while it is very possible that people will grab it for the curiosity.
But as big a build up as Carrie is getting for her album I am doubtful that Norah can dethrone her.
But if Norah has a hit at pop radio ahead of time. It is possible.
This is why I think it is important for Carries handlers to start courting pop. I know, I know,...I'm just sayin'!

I might be under-estimating Norah. She could possibly pull off 150-200k. But I don't think she will do more then that unless she has a massive lead single hit. People love her--- including me! lol But she has been off the radio so long I can't imagine her jumping to a hit on Top 40. She is more of an AC artist, you know?

What label is Norah on? As long as it is not Big Machine, Carrie should be ok. Big Machine can make A diamond out of dirt, so they would worry me.