Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess the singles! (Part 3)

pklongbeach

Ok, so I have avoided this thread cause I have no idea what they have planned.
And yes, I am sure the entire era is already well planned out.
but if I had it my way it would go like this:

GG: great oppener
Blow Away: completely change things up and knock em on their butts.
Do You think About Me: another change up and in a direction that alot of women would respond to. "singable".
Who Are You: I completely feel if this song was released to the pop market that it would hit!
See You Again: I just love this song. And if I do, than others would to.
(WAW) as a afterthought and just let it do it's thing.
crazy choices I know.
But then, I would have released IKYW to pop radio in a heartbeat.

Lstname89

Ok, so I have avoided this thread cause I have no idea what they have planned.
And yes, I am sure the entire era is already well planned out.
but if I had it my way it would go like this:

GG: great oppener
Blow Away: completely change things up and knock em on their butts.
Do You think About Me: another change up and in a direction that alot of women would respond to. "singable".
Who Are You: I completely feel if this song was released to the pop market that it would hit!
See You Again: I just love this song. And if I do, than others would to.
(WAW) as a afterthought and just let it do it's thing.
crazy choices I know.
But then, I would have released IKYW to pop radio in a heartbeat.

Although, toward the latter part of my "favorites list", I LOVE WAY! ;)

dsfox2009

Hm...very difficult task here haha. Although I am sure that it will be somewhat different towards the end of the era (I can never guess the singles lists correctly haha), The following are my six favorites from the album that I can see be chosen as singles...

1: Good Girl
2: Blown Away (July-September 2012)
3: Two Black Cadillacs (October-December 2012)
4: Cupid's Got a Shotgun (January-April 2013)
5: One Way Ticket (May-August 2013)
6: Wine After Whiskey (September-December 2013)

Imo...it would be absolutely stupid of Carrie's team to not release Cupid around Valentine's Day. The title alone will get the song so many rotations around the holiday, even though it would already be way up the charts if released before February as the song is just that catchy and has the country hook that so many listeners are wanting out of Carrie. TBC seems a little weird being played around Christmas/Thanksgiving time, but I stuck it third as it's dark tone will be great for the Winter months/Halloween atmosphere. One Way Ticket needs to be released during the summer months in order for it to smash! And Wine After Whiskey (although unfortunately a long shot for a single... :() would again be something that would need to be released in the colder months in order for it to connect with listeners. I only feel this because around this time, summer loves will be fading. This means that love songs/break-up ballads would have the best opportunity to shine when released in this time.

I know six singles is a stretch, but I can definitely see it happening with BA! Although other songs deserve to be singles as well (most notably DYTAB and TGFH, personally...), these six songs seem to be the most likely of the general consensus. At least 4 of these six songs WILL be released by the end of the era. Mark my words! (Insert evil/maniacal laugh here

c12345

I think it will be;

Good Girl
Blown Away
One Way Ticket
Two Black Cadillacs
Good In Goodbye
Cupid's Got A Shotgun

But I also think SYA, TGFH, WAW & WAY stand a chance as singles. Just as long as NETY doesn't get released, I always skip that

pklongbeach

No way on this planet will NETY will get released.
I think we can all rest on that.
With that said, I would have told you you were mad if you suggested MS would be a single. No way in a million years!
Shows what I know.
Carrie can be a strange bird sometimes. (But I love her so).

gocountrymusic

No way on this planet will NETY will get released.
I think we can all rest on that.
With that said, I would have told you you were mad if you suggested MS would be a single. No way in a million years!
Shows what I know.
Carrie can be a strange bird sometimes. (But I love her so).

I don't think anyone saw ITYS becoming a single during the Carnival Ride era either, so I wouldn't count any song out of the running.

I slightly changed my mind around on what I want the singles to be:

After Good Girl and Blown Away
Do You Think About Me
Leave Love Alone
and Wine After Whiskey.

I don't believe LLA has much of a shot but it's become one of my favorites. Also I'm not as sure about WAW being a contender as I originally thought, it's just a feeling. One of the reasons I believe Good in Goodbye did so well on Itunes was because Ryan Tedder is a cowriter on it and told people to check it out. I'm not sure if it was to be released if it would help push copies of Blown Away and just be a successful single. If there was to be a 6th single off the album I'm really fine with anything OWT, CGAS and 2BC are all possibilities.

scorpio88

I would LOVE Good in Goodbye to be a single. It follows Mama's Song closely I think. I love the way Carrie lights up when she talks about that song. MS was my favourite from Play On, and this is my favourite from BA. I can see this as the 4th single.

One Way Ticket, agreed it needs to be a summer song. It IS a summer song. See You Again I can see as a single on the radio 100%. It's uptempo, but everyone can resonate with it.

The majority seems to love TBC here, to be honest, it's one of my least favourites. I can see her releasing it though, possibly next. Wine After Whiskey is another radio hit, IMO. Definitely see that as the last single.

huggablebri

Hm...very difficult task here haha. Although I am sure that it will be somewhat different towards the end of the era (I can never guess the singles lists correctly haha), The following are my six favorites from the album that I can see be chosen as singles...

1: Good Girl
2: Blown Away (July-September 2012)
3: Two Black Cadillacs (October-December 2012)
4: Cupid's Got a Shotgun (January-April 2013)
5: One Way Ticket (May-August 2013)
6: Wine After Whiskey (September-December 2013)

Imo...it would be absolutely stupid of Carrie's team to not release Cupid around Valentine's Day. The title alone will get the song so many rotations around the holiday, even though it would already be way up the charts if released before February as the song is just that catchy and has the country hook that so many listeners are wanting out of Carrie. TBC seems a little weird being played around Christmas/Thanksgiving time, but I stuck it third as it's dark tone will be great for the Winter months/Halloween atmosphere. One Way Ticket needs to be released during the summer months in order for it to smash! And Wine After Whiskey (although unfortunately a long shot for a single... :() would again be something that would need to be released in the colder months in order for it to connect with listeners. I only feel this because around this time, summer loves will be fading. This means that love songs/break-up ballads would have the best opportunity to shine when released in this time.

I know six singles is a stretch, but I can definitely see it happening with BA! Although other songs deserve to be singles as well (most notably DYTAB and TGFH, personally...), these six songs seem to be the most likely of the general consensus. At least 4 of these six songs WILL be released by the end of the era. Mark my words! (Insert evil/maniacal laugh here

I dont expect six singles. And by Dec of next year, I would assume the NEXT album would probably be released. And a single from the next album would already be out. IMO.

dsfox2009

^^Maybe I did stretch if out quite a bit too far :p I'm just really hpping that, as much as I would love to hear MORE new Carrie music, that her label milks this amazing album for all that its worth. Each single is typically given 3-4 months of radio time, so I thought that I did pretty good in that aspect. But let's be honest here, getting five singles off of Carnival Ride was a complete shock, so I don't know if the label will even release more than four this go around too. Those are just my six favorites, and there's no way that I could eliminate any one of those off of the list. If we are being completely honest here, I am willing to bet that WAW unfortunately doesn't become a single, and OWT may be the other hopeful track that doesn't get the treatment it deserves. I just don't think there is any way that TBC will not be released as a single, and CGAS could be one of the easiest tracks ever for Carrie and her team to promote, especially if Brad gets on board with the single release. Just my two cents :)