Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Carrie Underwood's streak of #1 singles ended?

Zman312

I think Jatale is a girl. Anyhow, Jatale is a fake. We also have another pose in the forum, she/he is very obvious to figure out!!!

carriecountrystar

if big machines can pull from #7 to #1 , maybe there's still hope that carrie's can pull through? I mean I know that BM had a lot of manipulation involved and I don't think carrie's management would ever do that but I think there still MIGHT be a chance to get it after kenny chesney is done...
maybe? didn't another poser say that carrie's label is still going for the charge?

pkc4rls

Everyone should go over & read the comment from our old pal Jatale. There will be no doubt about where his/her heart was around this place.

Soon as my registration gets approved over there, I am going to let him have it. He is the big liar that sat here and lied to my face saying he was a huge huge Carrie fan and was not a fan of SWSRN at all, when I knew both were lies after 5 years of being on this forum (yes, we had big drama that day because he jumped over from other forums after months to make one snide remark but at least he left). He said I was lying about that fact until I pointed out that he had made 99% of his posts to the SWSRN thread and a couple to the Carrie threads and gave him the exact numbers of posts (which was like 10 to 1) to each and then he shut up. It was dumb on his part anyway when the figures and exactly what was said in those posts can be verified.

deymayor

IMO, Mama's Song doesn't deserve to be a no. 1 single. It's her tribute to her mom and I'm sure both of them are very proud of the song but it's not a no. 1 material.

Zman312

IMO, Mama's Song doesn't deserve to be a no. 1 single. It's her tribute to her mom and I'm sure both of them are very proud of the song but it's not a no. 1 material.

TBH, there are lot of songs that are #1 that doesn't deserve to be #1. Here to name a few:
Most of Brad's songs
White Liar
Mine
Our Kind of Love
Turn on the Radio
You Belong with Me
Last Name
Hillybilly Bone
Should've said NO
and the list will continue.

I actually thing MS is a beautiful song that is dedicated to all moms. I rather MS went #1 than UI!!!

Jade_kt

Answer: No. Just wait til she releases album #4 :D Can't wait :D Plus we still have another single or two from PO she will be releasing.

AIgrl06

Wow. I remember Jatale. Say whatever you want about "Mama's Song," truth is, some people just don't like that song. But that comment was just rude and in bad spirits.

jbrown

Jatale is just an old unhappy bitter and jealous person who is not worthy of our attentions. She will just end up eating her own words.

bree

I have no idea who this person is, but everybody seems far more concerned with him/her/it then the fact that Carrie's #1 streak has apparently ended, which is surprising! I know it wasn't an obvious #1 as were some of her other singles, but I'm bummed about this news and surprised. I really thought we could make this happen!

Jade_kt

#2 is great for a song that wasn't a favorite to be a strong single to begin w/ since there are better songs on the album imo. This song was just a personal song for Carrie, her mom, and fans and so would have been nice if it got to #1 but it's not the end of the world that it didn't since there are more singles to come :) I respect Carrie for releasing a song that was important to her and so am very pleased w/ the outcome. Not many can say their #1 streak ended w/ a #2 song. I'll take it!!! Now on to the next single.

Mirasa45A

YES, I agree with you that "Mama's song" is NOT a number 1 song material, but if you ask Carrie, she might say that this song (Mama's song) has more sentimental value than all of Carrie's number 1 songs.

Jade_kt

^^^Especially since she knew alot of her fans didn't want it to be released as a single and she still released it!!! Must really love her Mama and Mike :)

supercarriefan

TBH, there are lot of songs that are #1 that doesn't deserve to be #1. Here to name a few:
Most of Brad's songs
White Liar
Mine
Our Kind of Love
Turn on the Radio
You Belong with Me
Last Name
Hillybilly Bone
Should've said NO
and the list will continue.

I actually thing MS is a beautiful song that is dedicated to all moms. I rather MS went #1 than UI!!!

Thanks for this! I agree! Plus, people's thoughts/feelings on songs are all different...what someone thinks is a hit-worthy song could be another person's least favorite song out there...it's subjective.
I'm not going to ever say MS didn't deserve #1 because who are we to say? I agree with you that I would have rather seen MS go to #1 than UI. One: I like MS better as a song than I do UI. Two: MS means a whole lot to Carrie. UI was just another boy-bashing, sassy song.
I honestly hope Carrie continues to go with her own feelings about singles, and doesn't make the decision solely on what will do well at radio.

Bummed that MS didn't reach number one, but ALL of her singles have peaked at either #1 or #2, not many artists can say that, especially artists that have only been around for five years. Can't wait to see what the next single is!

carriecountrystar

this is just another opportunity to start another era of #1s. I have no doubt that the next single carrie releases will get to #1 then comes her lead single from the 4th album which-I can predict will be something special and take radio by a storm. who knows-it might even climb faster then Cowboy Casanova!