Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[June 8, 2018] CMA Fest

DaisyTweets

Well, when she lost to Mr. Ego himself that was the big elephant in the room. Several independent publications picked her to win it. Everyone knows what's going on with the payola business and its really a shame and embarrassing that they don't do something about it. That award was Carrie's and everyone in that room knew it!!!!

The CMA voters look more and more like idiots every year they don't give that award to Carrie. And if the award shows have a WME problem, then they need to FIX IT!

I don’t think it’s as easy to fix that problem as you think it is,Kiz.For her to even win that award would mean that the voters & WME would actually have to admit that they’re stuffing the ballot box in my own words,& that admission isn’t necessarily going to come right away unless someone is able to blow the lid off of that craziness & admit what they’ve been doing is wrong.We can’t make them fix that problem,that’s something that they have to be willing to do on their own.Its just not as easy as you think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countryfan2448

Carrie will be Carrie as always and they will still won't give her credit when it's due, i think its time to call it like we see that they won't give her credit for anymore then hosting gigs that's it. I was surprised she got it in 2016 (I believe they gave it to her because of 10 since the first one win or how awesome she was during the year but they should stop being so "boys" club. and "Miranda" club. Not hating just telling.

Kizmet311

I don’t think it’s as easy to fix that problem as you think it is,Kiz.For her to even win that award would mean that the voters & WME would actually have to admit that they’re stuffing the ballot box in my own words,& that admission isn’t necessarily going to come right away unless someone is able to blow the lid off of that craziness & admit what they’ve been doing is wrong.We can’t make them fix that problem,that’s something that they have to be willing to do on their own.Its just not as easy as you think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never said it would be easy. Just said they need to fix it. And believe me, if we as music fans know that WME's block voting is a problem, you can bet the artists and the CMA Board know it's a problem. I'm sure there is money involved somewhere; otherwise, why would the CMA, artists, and labels keep turning a blind eye to the problem.

liz278

^^Garth Brooks knew this and switched to WME. So you know that it's known. I guess what I don't understand is why it's allowed, or as you said money is involved.

maddkat

Staff member
tomorrow night!
and Rolling Stone calls CP one of the 6 performances not to be missed

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...st-tv-special-6-must-see-performances-707434/

"Carrie Underwood, “Cry Pretty”
Coming back from some time out of the spotlight after a scary tumble down some stairs that required surgery, Carrie Underwood knows it’s sometimes impossible to fake a smile — which she sings about candidly in the stunning “Cry Pretty.” Her CMA Fest performance of her current single, complete with soul-stirring vocal runs and a stadium-sized chorus crescendo, was one of the highlights of the entire festival."

DaisyTweets

tomorrow night!
and Rolling Stone calls CP one of the 6 performances not to be missed

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...st-tv-special-6-must-see-performances-707434/

"Carrie Underwood, “Cry Pretty”
Coming back from some time out of the spotlight after a scary tumble down some stairs that required surgery, Carrie Underwood knows it’s sometimes impossible to fake a smile — which she sings about candidly in the stunning “Cry Pretty.” Her CMA Fest performance of her current single, complete with soul-stirring vocal runs and a stadium-sized chorus crescendo, was one of the highlights of the entire festival."
Is that a description that gives goose bumps or what!!!!!! My goodness! That statement right there tells you that she should be the EOTY!!!!!!

DaisyTweets

I hope they don't save Carrie's performance for the very end of the show. I'd rather not suffer through performance after performance of bro country songs!!!!!

liz278

It was an amazing performance. I am glad that they put her close to the beginning. It was really hard to listen to most of the music.

I think I counted only about 4 women featured. Carrie, Kelsey, Carly and Lauren. This is really sad.