Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest RIAA certifications for Carrie!

NC State Carrie Fan

It’s been so long without any updates for a lot of past singles! I have to imagine Some Hearts and BHC are diamond. I also think a lot of past singles are looking to be 2x or 3x platinum by now. Anyone want to do rough estimates on past singles?
From the streaming data I keep, I have a tab with a rough estimate of the SPS numbers that are used for certification purposes. Most of her past songs are decently accurate because sales is where the BIG jump of SPS comes from, so streams do not help older hits as much (unless it is like a Church Bells situation). The only songs (by my calculations) that would be eligible for an update would be the following:

9x Platinum/Diamond
- Before He Cheats (7x Platinum currently)

4x Platinum
- Jesus Take The Wheel (3x Platinum currently)
- Remind Me (2x Platinum currently)

3x Platinum
- All American Girl (2x Platinum currently)
- Somethin' Bad (2x Platinum)
- The Fighter (2x Platinum)

2x Platinum
- Last Name (Platinum currently)

Last edited:

Zach1998

From my calculations Church Bells is pretty close to 3x platinum.

I think Temporary Home & See You Again are getting close to 2x as well.

tgbrinker

Maybe her management is waiting for BHC to for sure be diamond as well to present her with Diamond BHC and Diamond Some Hearts at the same time?

guessing it wouldn’t be Sony doing it but maybe Ann & Co. have something big drummed up.

Reactions: Hil

Zach1998

Yeah they will go all out with presenting her with her diamond plaques because that is no small achievement.

Reactions: Hil

CU4ever

I was just looking through the certifications website and had a thought. Arista hasn't certified anything for Carrie since 2021. But that was still after she had left the label. But now that Arista no longer exists, what will happen to updated certifications for her songs from Sony? I feel like its something that could get easily forgotten now by Sony

rangers73

I was just looking through the certifications website and had a thought. Arista hasn't certified anything for Carrie since 2021. But that was still after she had left the label. But now that Arista no longer exists, what will happen to updated certifications for her songs from Sony? I feel like its something that could get easily forgotten now by Sony
I agree especially Some Hearts getting its Diamond Certification

FanSince04

I agree especially Some Hearts getting its Diamond Certification
I think Diamond is a big deal so Sony would want to get that published. Also, the other certifications would be great advertisement for them as well. It’s like a “Hey guys! look what we can do for you!”

Zach1998

I think Carrie's old stuff will still get certified. Carrie's team will probably just have to be the ones to reach out to Sony to get the ball rolling, and might have to cover the cost too.

Honestly, I think it'd be cool if Carrie worked with Sony to make a special edition for "Some Hearts" for it's 20th anniversary. Maybe they do a 20th anniversary diamond edition with some special things added. I know Avril Lavigne did something similar with the 20th anniversary of her album "Let Go," even though she was no longer with Sony at that time.

RenegadeChaser

I think Carrie's old stuff will still get certified. Carrie's team will probably just have to be the ones to reach out to Sony to get the ball rolling, and might have to cover the cost too.

Honestly, I think it'd be cool if Carrie worked with Sony to make a special edition for "Some Hearts" for it's 20th anniversary. Maybe they do a 20th anniversary diamond edition with some special things added. I know Avril Lavigne did something similar with the 20th anniversary of her album "Let Go," even though she was no longer with Sony at that time.
Watch it get more promo than Carrie's UMG efforts 💀