Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Mar 28] All Together Now - A Celebration of Service (Official Event Discussion)

pklongbeach

Instant Karma (All Shine On) John Lennon.
It was a signature song for him.
Don't know why she sang it.
It must have been a request from one of the Bushes.

hjj

There are many people that recorded this as a cover on Itunes. She did great on this song as usual.

teesharky

I think I actually prefer Carrie's version--- but I love John Lennon too and love his version alot too. John has a great voice obviously. But I think Carrie is a slightly better vocalist. However John has a great charisma and connects with the song in a very meaningful way. John is a legend so it is hard to find any flaws in his performance either. He does have a great voice, but Carrie is...well...Carrie. lol

^ yes I loved the house band tonight. They are fantastic. Loved their outfits too. :)

teesharky

Ps why is Yoko Ono knitting in the background next to John while he is singing? confused. lol

and what the heck is she wearing over her eyes? lol

carriefan2000

Carrie has a vast knowledge of the songs out there, i think she wanted to sing something that haden't been covered in a while. Plus the song fits the event well. Why do people have such a hangup on it being a John Lennon song? She sang trouble by Elvis and nobody cared. People need to stop viewing Lennon's songs as sacrosanct 31 years after his death; its awesome that people are covering them.

teesharky

^ agree. I think he would be flattered that people are still singing his songs, especially at an event celebrating volunteerism and helping mankind.