Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Mar 28] All Together Now - A Celebration of Service (Official Event Discussion)

pgk

Love how Carrie incorporated the 'yeah, yeah, yeah; in the chorus..echoing the 'yeah,yeah,yeah' of one of the beatles early hits 'She Loves You, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...I have a feeling it was intentional, if not what an ingenious accident.

pklongbeach

I did not understand much about what this event was supposed to be.
But once again I find Carrie lending her voice to a wonderful cause like celebrating and shining light on the idea of volunteering.
What a wonderful idea.
So glad she is there.
And as for the song. It is not the kind of ssong that highlights Carries abilities, but of course she did a great job.

Carrieflattsfan

Carrie was incredible, and looked gorgeous. This is my favorite live performance of hers since "Neon Moon" at the Brooks And Dunn tribute. Carrie is such an amazing performer & vocalist, but it seems every cover she does is as good (or better) than her own original songs. She just brings something fresh and new to everything she touches, and it turns to gold every single freakin' time.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Thank you God for American Idol. :D

bree

Loved Carrie's performance tonight, she sounded great! It was nice to hear something different from her. It was the first time I've heard the song and it's quite catchy. I'll admit, I wasn't a fan of her outfit... the whole sparkly suit didn't work with that poofy white top. It was all a bit much. However, her make-up and hair were flawless as always. I've only watched Carrie's performance, but looking forward to watching the rest of the show.

utlovescarrie

was thinking of saying that but thought someone else would ;)
That's okay - when someone said something about Clinton not knowing Lennon I was going to say that Clinton was busy "not inhaling" about then and it probably kept him too busy or mention that I had never actually MET (in person or online) anyone who liked - let alone loved - Carter before. BUT it was probably a good thing that I decided to refrain from making any such statements. :p;)

utlovescarrie

First - I think this proves that our little Miss Carrie has some serious soul in her. She can SING! Not a fan of the song but the way Carrie sang it made me actually somewhat like it. Would LOVE to hear her other song and her speech. I was about 18 or so when President Bush made his 1000 Points of Lights speech and I have never forgotten it. So glad that they were able to acknowledge and honor his work and vision like this. I LOVE it when people see a need and instead of waiting for someone else to do something they jump in and get it done. THAT is one of the things that makes America the most amazing place to live. The PEOPLE and how so many are so willing to just do what needs doing. I thank God daily for blessing us with this wonderful nation.

I think I actually prefer Carrie's version--- but I love John Lennon too and love his version alot too. John has a great voice obviously. But I think Carrie is a slightly better vocalist. However John has a great charisma and connects with the song in a very meaningful way. John is a legend so it is hard to find any flaws in his performance either. He does have a great voice, but Carrie is...well...Carrie. lol
What is funny as I was never a Beatles/Lennon fan and whenever I think of Lennon I think of his politics and not his music (which IMO were both lousy). But my parents were big into the Beatles/Lennon and would probably think of their music before his politics. Different generations.

Ps why is Yoko Ono knitting in the background next to John while he is singing? confused. lol

and what the heck is she wearing over her eyes? lol
I think this ^^^ is part of the reason for my above comments. I have seen some of the things they did back then and they seemed to be on very friendly terms with Mary Jane. ;)

judes

Ps why is Yoko Ono knitting in the background next to John while he is singing? confused. lol

and what the heck is she wearing over her eyes? lol

John and Yoko did some of the first performance art that is still popular today . I imagine the blindfold and knitting may be a reference to the French Guillotine before the French Revolution where the women would sit and knit and watch them cut people's heads off, the blindfold may represent the blindfolded victims and possibly blind justice at the same time.

I thought Carrie looked fabulous in her outfit - she always wears appropriate and I thought her performance was incredible - how she manages to keep the energy going in a song like that and pull off a huge note at the end is remarkable. She got the point across - step up and be a volunteer NOW

Last edited:

thaifood

Love Carrie and don't want to stir up anything but in a few of those picture it does look like she is pregnant. Think it's just the design of the dress though. Still hot as always though.

I for one will be REALLY glad when people decide to stop with the "I don't want to stir anything up...but" phrases. Enough already.

thaifood

I think I actually prefer Carrie's version--- but I love John Lennon too and love his version alot too. John has a great voice obviously. But I think Carrie is a slightly better vocalist. However John has a great charisma and connects with the song in a very meaningful way. John is a legend so it is hard to find any flaws in his performance either. He does have a great voice, but Carrie is...well...Carrie. lol

^ yes I loved the house band tonight. They are fantastic. Loved their outfits too. :)

John put out an album called Rock & Roll & he covers all the old rock standards. His voice is at the top of it's game on that album. Also, one only has to listen to Twist & Shout by The Beatles to realize just how good he was. He had done take after take on the song & his voice was so raw he could barely even talk...that was the version they used on record.

thaifood

First - I think this proves that our little Miss Carrie has some serious soul in her. She can SING! Not a fan of the song but the way Carrie sang it made me actually somewhat like it. Would LOVE to hear her other song and her speech. I was about 18 or so when President Bush made his 1000 Points of Lights speech and I have never forgotten it. So glad that they were able to acknowledge and honor his work and vision like this. I LOVE it when people see a need and instead of waiting for someone else to do something they jump in and get it done. THAT is one of the things that makes America the most amazing place to live. The PEOPLE and how so many are so willing to just do what needs doing. I thank God daily for blessing us with this wonderful nation.

What is funny as I was never a Beatles/Lennon fan and whenever I think of Lennon I think of his politics and not his music (which IMO were both lousy). But my parents were big into the Beatles/Lennon and would probably think of their music before his politics. Different generations.

I think this ^^^ is part of the reason for my above comments. I have seen some of the things they did back then and they seemed to be on very friendly terms with Mary Jane. ;)

And does that come as some sort of surprise to you? It was the 60's & 70's, most everyone, including those who were not members of The Beatles, were friends of Marijuana....Bob Dylan actually introduced the Beatles to pot & their music got better & more technically advanced from there on out.

DaisyTweets

Carrie only performed ONE song. That she sang more than one was misreported in a blog. She did give a speech.

Claire2004

Finally got the chance to watch the video of Carrie's performance. Strong vocals!!! And I can understand why the performance outfit may not appeal to some, but personally I love it! lol. I am fond of frilly, detailed shirts like the white one she wore beneath the shiny suit, so I really really love the whole look :).

thaifood

Here is a bit of info...trivia for you. Maybe some of you knew this, maybe not. Last night Cee Lo brought on his uncle Sam, the original Soul Man. Well Sam was originally part of a duo named Sam & Dave. They had a few hits in the late 60's including Soul Man, but they so hated each other that the only time they ever spoke was when they were on stage together. Other than that, there was almost no communication between them. Dave was killed in a car wreck in 1988 at the age of 50. The duo was inducted into the Rock Hall Of Fame in 1992....and now you know the rest of the story.

utlovescarrie

And does that come as some sort of surprise to you? It was the 60's & 70's, most everyone, including those who were not members of The Beatles, were friends of Marijuana....Bob Dylan actually introduced the Beatles to pot & their music got better & more technically advanced from there on out.
(About to jump on my high horse and hope that I will not offend and do not mean this personally to anyone - just stating my thoughts and admitted bias. I am NOT logical about this subject - and probably never will be.)

Not a surprise BUT knowing that they used drugs even more DIMINISHES them musically to me. I happen to be VERY anti-drug. HATE anything and everything about drug use. NEVER make excuses for users and DO NOT BELIEVE that pot isn't harmful or a gateway drug. THEREFORE I can not laugh off or make allowances for druggies. I will NOT support anyone that I know is a drug user. I will not make excuses for their behavior and will never celebrate it. I will not help them get drugs by providing them money to help slowly kill themselves. IE: I am thoroughly disgusted by anyone buying tickets to Charlie Sheen's "tour". It is like assisting in a very slow suicide.

I have personally seen what drugs have done to too many people (including my totally whacked out aunt who used back then and is now freaking crazy from her drug use). I know my stance is very militant but until you have watched loved ones digging themselves out of a life of drug-fed destruction (every one of them who started their downfall with pot), until you have seen not only what drug use does to user but also to the families, until you understand the economic effects that druggies have on every one of us (through theft of identities or homes or through taking out loans and credit cards to purchase items that are turned around and sold for drugs and then the loans default and that impacts everyone), until you have to visit a love one in jail and KNOW that they should be there then you might never understand my beliefs.

(Jumps off my high horse that climbed up on my soap box now - :eek: Promise to NOT jump back on the horse or the soap box anytime soon!)

But as I stated before Carrie has some serious soul (thinking back to the MJ Tribute too!) and made me almost like this song. Her vocals were crazy good and I did like the choir but would have liked their mikes turned down just a titch so I could hear Carrie just that much more. Still hoping to hear her speech at some point in the (near) future.