Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Mar 4] Grand Ole Opry (Official Event Discussion Thread)

opry051008

Here's the link to listen live:

WSM Online Country Radio

Start time for the first show is:
7 pm Central Time
8 pm Eastern Time

7:00 – 7:30
Jimmy Dickens
The Whites
Rodney Atkins

7:30 – 8:00
Jim Ed Brown
Jean Shepard
Steep Canyon Rangers

8:00 – 8:30
Jeannie Seely
Jack Greene
Blake Shelton

8:30 – 9:00
Bill Anderson
Carrie Underwood

Start time for the second show is:
9:30 pm Central Time
10:30 pm Eastern Time

9:30 – 10:00
Jimmy Dickens
Connie Smith
Rodney Atkins

10:00 – 10:30
Jim Ed Brown
Jan Howard
Steep Canyon Rangers

10:30 – 11:00

Jeannie Seely
Jesse McReynolds & The Virginia Boys
Blake Shelton

11:00 – 11:30
Bill Anderson
Carrie Underwood

Last edited:

Claire2004

I'm always excited for her Opry shows, since we International fans can listen to the shows live with you guys :):):)

You think there might be something going on, Brad is performing Sat @ The Opry, and Carrie has been @ Brads place recently recording or whatever, maybe this is duet weekend?????

Claire2004

You think there might be something going on, Brad is performing Sat @ The Opry, and Carrie has been @ Brads place recently recording or whatever, maybe this is duet weekend?????

Brad also performing at Opry this saturday? Is he a last-minute addition?

Edit: Never mind, I saw the sched. over at opry.com. lol

abbeyjones18

I read on Brad's facebook last week that he's celebrating 10 years as an Opry member...Congrats Brad...:)....so maybe that is why he is there...

Claire2004

^Carrie and Brad will be performing on different days, right? Carrie on March 4, Brad on 5. So they probably would not have a chance to perform a song together unless it's a surprise.

(Trying to not get my hopes up. lol!)

carriecountrystar

IN 2 DAYS GUYS!!!!! :facesjump

I noticed that bill anderson is in the same slot as carrie! I'm assuming he's the one who also co wrote "oklahoma wind".
Maybe that will give them a good chance to write together again!!! imagine a hit coming from the backstage of the opry! :woohoo:

opry051008

The opry has corrected the performance times on their website so I have edited the first post to relect the changes.

Jade_kt

Never thought I would be so excited to hear Carrie at the Opry. Guess I'm having Carrie withdrawls.

cassie2

Staff member
Here's a little article: We all worry so much yet Carrie says it best!

RTTNews) - Carrie Underwood is set to co-host the upcoming "America's Opry Weekend New Faces of Country" special this weekend.
The "Cowboy Casanova" singer will share her personal success story with new Opry members during the show. She was inducted just three years ago by country legend Randy Travis.
Underwood and her co-host Mike Terry will be playing the music of some new voices on the Opry stage and Country music charts. It will also include interviews, special performances and behind the scenes pieces.
When asked by interviewers what she wants to have accomplished by the time she's a ten-year Opry member, Underwood said: "I really don't set too many goals for myself. I just go with the flow and enjoy opportunities to do new things as they come around. I just hope I continue to be happy and healthy."

Kizmet311

Well, I won't get to listen. I'll be seeing Jason Aldean in concert in Lexington.

I don't think Carrie/Brad would premiere the duet at the Opry, but if they did I think it would be Saturday during Brad's show. I think if they premiere it, it will be tonight at the Sony cruise for CRS - that is tonight, right?