Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Mar 4] Grand Ole Opry (Official Event Discussion Thread)

opry051008

When asked by interviewers what she wants to have accomplished by the time she's a ten-year Opry member, Underwood said: "I really don't set too many goals for myself. I just go with the flow and enjoy opportunities to do new things as they come around."

That's what us here at CF are for. lol!

Last edited:

GMRR

I would like to see her change her Opry style for the March 4 performance. Instead of the dress,wear a pair of jeans with boots. Certainly more casual, and a look that she likes.

DaisyTweets

Does anyone recall if Carrie has performed the Jesus Take the Wheel/How Great Thou Art song (like she did on tour last year) at the Opry? I don't think she has.

I can only imagine the goose bumps a performance of that song would bring especially done at the newly reopened Grand Ole Opry. I can hardly wait for tonight!!!

Claire2004

Does anyone recall if Carrie has performed the Jesus Take the Wheel/How Great Thou Art song (like she did on tour last year) at the Opry? I don't think she has.

I can only imagine the goose bumps a performance of that song would bring especially done at the newly reopened Grand Ole Opry. I can hardly wait for tonight!!!

Yes she has performed the JTTW/HGTA combination at the Opry. I have a video, but I cannot find the link in YouTube lol. You can listen to the audio of the performance, from Vinman Vinmans Media

DaisyTweets

Yes she has performed the JTTW/HGTA combination at the Opry. I have a video, but I cannot find the link in YouTube lol. Here is the link to an audio of the performance, from Vinman:
Vinmans Media

Ahh cool! Thanks Claire. Guess I missed it! I was so sure she hadn't done it, I didn't think I needed to check out Vinman's site! LOL Guess that shows me! Oh well, I still think that song is goose bump inducing! So tonight I hope she does that along with Look At Me.

Claire2004

Ahh cool! Thanks Claire. Guess I missed it! I was so sure she hadn't done it, I didn't think I needed to check out Vinman's site! LOL Guess that shows me! Oh well, I still think that song is goose bump inducing! So tonight I hope she does that along with Look At Me.

I'd probably be delirious with happiness if she sings LAM lol!

And my dream is to hear her sing Oklahoma Wind at the Opry someday......:)

CarrieUK

I just posted a quick message about where to listen & the timings etc. on twitter, so I thought i'd quickly post on here in case anyone's not sure how/when to listen :);

"Carrie will be playing 2 shows at the Grand Ole Opry (@Opry) tonight to (Friday 4th March) as part of 'Opry: All Star Weekend'. Make sure you don't miss out! Here's how & when you can listen to her performances;
Carrie's first show of the night will take place between 8:30pm & 9:00pm Central (9:30pm-10pm ET, 6:30pm-7pm Pacific, 2:30am-3am GMT) & her second will take place between 11pm & 11:30PM Central (12pm-12:30pm ET, 9pm-9:30pm Pacific, 5am-5:30am GMT).

You can listen to the whole show live online (First show begins at 7:00pm Central (8:00pm ET, 5pm Pacific, 1am GMT) & the second begins at 9:30pm Central (10:30pm ET, 7:30pm Pacific, 4am GMT)) at wsmonline.com or Android, iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch users can download the app from opry.com/app to listen on their mobile device.
However, if you're in the Nashville area, tickets are still available for tonight's show here.

In the days after Carrie's performance, keep checking the Opry's official YouTube page to see if any videos of Carrie pop up!"

mlawlor

I can't wait - only a little wait longer! LOL

LAM would be great, although every time she does wasted (and the people at the Opry hear it frequently!!!) I get totally speechless! (hope she does it again, tonight :D) I even played an old Opry clip today ( I think it was the Home Renovation Opry) and hearing the end of Wasted totally amazed me!

Jade_kt

How old is Jimmy Dicken's jokes? I think 10 years from now we will still be hearing the same jokes......lol. Cute though.

mlawlor

I don't do non-Carrie opry nights, it's kind of amazing when you think that Jimmy's also tells the same jokes on non-Carrie nights. I think "If you're going though hell" is the only Rodney song I know...