Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Mar 4] Grand Ole Opry (Official Event Discussion Thread)

Carrieflattsfan

can't wait for vids. anyone know if vinman will upload (or have access to) vids later on?

Yes, he has both shows uploaded on his site.:D

Carrie sounded amazing, as usual. It's pretty incredible that she sounds as good sick as she does healthy. Love the way she changed up BHC AND added SWISLY. Best. Surprise. Ever.

Hope she gets better soon. That poor woman is always sick!:(

DizzyDollyDee

We need to send her a crate of oranges!!! She ended 2010 with a bad cold and now starts another one the first part of '11. We need to get her basking in some sun soon and eating those oranges!!

Gator

We need to send her a crate of oranges!!! She ended 2010 with a bad cold and now starts another one the first part of '11. We need to get her basking in some sun soon and eating those oranges!!

Sounds like a great idea! :) However, I blame Tennessee and our inconsistent and sometimes extreme weather. I'm on my second bout of bronchitis in the same time period. Thank goodness antibiotics work (and that I'm not a singer!). :D Get well, Carrie!

Zman312

Wait a minute, wait a minute, is that brunette back up singer Jamie? I hope sp because I really liked her!

carrieultimate

And I was so bus Friday night so I missed listening to the Opry live. Thanks to all the Carrie fans here that either uploaded the videos to youtube, searched for them, or posted them here. And thanks to Vinman for always have the best Carrie audios from events like the Opry.

Saw a couple of tweets that indicated that something is in the works for the Opry to come back to TV. Anyone know or have anymore info on this? Thanks!

I hope the Opry is able to make it back to TV soon. I love everything about the Opry and I love seeing artists other than Carrie on the Opry too. But of course more Carrie TV appearances with the Opry would be great!

DaisyTweets

Do we dare assume that it is Jamie since I haven't read anything anywhere that there was a new backup singer? Do we know anyone who went on Friday night?

glenn7

Do we dare assume that it is Jamie since I haven't read anything anywhere that there was a new backup singer? Do we know anyone who went on Friday night?

I was there, it was def'ly Jamie. She probably just has her natural hair color me thinks. She is goregeous as always. All band members the same. Opry house looks great, smells very new with the smell of stain & paint still. Sound system even better. Blake S. was so impressed with the standing room only crowd ( guess he does not know its like that for every Carrie Opry show) as only one show was orginally sch'd but the 1st sold out so quickly they added a 2nd and it sold out too.

Claire2004

I was there, it was def'ly Jamie. She probably just has her natural hair color me thinks. She is goregeous as always. All band members the same. Opry house looks great, smells very new with the smell of stain & paint still. Sound system even better. Blake S. was so impressed with the standing room only crowd ( guess he does not know its like that for every Carrie Opry show) as only one show was orginally sch'd but the 1st sold out so quickly they added a 2nd and it sold out too.

Thanks for the info! :)
How was the crowd reaction to Carrie's performances? Which of her songs was the most well-received? Thanks! :)

glenn7

Thanks for the info! :)
How was the crowd reaction to Carrie's performances? Which of her songs was the most well-received? Thanks! :)
Me thinks it would be Undo It from the first show, lots of peeps pointing fingers in air and singing along with it and SWISLY & SLT where well rec'd also.

hjj

Thanks for the info Glenn, I had wonder if it was Jamie since her appearance is much more recognizable as a blonde. She is a great singer and her and Carrie always sounded great together. Carrie does not even sound sick in those videos.

robinannhunt

I am so glad that Jamie is still in the bad. Best backup singer that Carrie has had!! I play Jamie's music all the time.