Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mention of Carrie on Fox News "Watter's World: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame edition

epicamends

I don't know who be mad at Carrie either, it's a stupid reason to mad at her. But, and I'm not saying this to stir the pot but I'm sure it will, but I'm sure that journalism school wasn't the most fair and balanced either, did they mention CNN's extreme left leaning bias?

We learned about a variety of news outlets biases at journalism school, in a variety of classes including newswriting, broadcasting, ethics, etc. In addition to learning about American organizations, we also learned about Canadian organizations, which also have biases. Like I said, every news outlet has biases. That's why it's important to read and watch multiple outlets, so you can learn all sides of a story and make up your own mind about it.

adam1995

We learned about a variety of news outlets biases at journalism school, in a variety of classes including newswriting, broadcasting, ethics, etc. In addition to learning about American organizations, we also learned about Canadian organizations, which also have biases. Like I said, every news outlet has biases. That's why it's important to read and watch multiple outlets, so you can learn all sides of a story and make up your own mind about it.

I agree people need to be educated on issues and have an open mind. I have my whole life grown up around people of both minds and have formed my own opinion, and in my experiences colleges and schools like you mentioned they are more left leaning that's all I'm saying. And I will again say I am glad Carrie didn't get political with them, so nobody could tear her apart, from a very simple comment. Really people just shouldn't condemn a network just because they don't agree with them.

adam1995

I'm not saying your school, I'm saying in my experience, schools like this, ie colleges and other educational institutions have been left leaning, maybe yours wasn't, that's why I was inquiring if they talked about CNN's bias, because from what I've experienced I have seen bias against my beliefs. Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

sco

Really people just shouldn't condemn a network just because they don't agree with them.

I do not condemn any news outlet because I disagree with them. I have no issue with any news outlet running any editorial they like as long as they identify it as an editorial. What I do have an issue with is any outlet that claims to be 'fair and balanced' if they are not. Fair is subjective so I will not address that one but how Fox can even remotely claim to be balanced is beyond me. They are right leaning, some would say far right leaning, which is not necessarily wrong but is far from 'balanced'. A 'balanced' news outlet would run equal number of editorials from people across the political spectrum. Can anybody seriously claim that Fox does that? Before anybody brings it up, yes I know there are other biased news outlets out there, this discussion is about Fox because that is where the original story ran.

adam1995

Yes, Fox News has contributors from all sides of the spectrum, yes they have their Conservatives, we know that, they also have Libertarians like Greg Gutfeld, Eric Bolling, and an entire show based around Independents, called the Independents, speaking of Independents they have Bill O'Rielly, who considers himself an Independent, and does provide fair coverage, if you don't agree, fine, John Stossel contributes, they even have regular liberals on the shows all the time like, Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, Kirsten Powers, Alan Colmes, James Carville, Marc Lamont Hill, Joe Trippi, and many more. These are just some of the contributors who are on with great regularity, and they more often than not bring very liberal viewpoints to the Fox News Station, so you get a taste of facts from both sides.

pgk

I just looked at the clip and it is very clear to me that the interviewer went on about his interaction with Emmylou, Sheryl, and Bonnie. The only thing he said about Carrie was that she did an interview with EW?. He did not say that she refused interviews with other news outlets. He clearly said she only did one interview The other guy actually asked him if the interviewer had confirmation of an interview with Carrie and he responded that they (news outlets) were told it would be an interview, 'in the round', with all the artists and that when they got to the event that format wasn't the case at all....they were disappointed because they are fans of Carrie, but he certainly did not say that Carrie was approached and she turned them down..

jptexas

Yes, Fox News has contributors from all sides of the spectrum, yes they have their Conservatives, we know that, they also have Libertarians like Greg Gutfeld, Eric Bolling, and an entire show based around Independents, called the Independents, speaking of Independents they have Bill O'Rielly, who considers himself an Independent, and does provide fair coverage, if you don't agree, fine, John Stossel contributes, they even have regular liberals on the shows all the time like, Bob Beckel, Juan Williams, Kirsten Powers, Alan Colmes, James Carville, Marc Lamont Hill, Joe Trippi, and many more. These are just some of the contributors who are on with great regularity, and they more often than not bring very liberal viewpoints to the Fox News Station, so you get a taste of facts from both sides.

Damn, you should work for their PR dept.

gran29

why would someone be alienated beacuse Carrie was a Democrate or republican?That doesn't make any sense at all.Thats like those fools on twitter who declared they weren't gonna go to her concerts or buy her cds because she blew off Fox 'News'.

People like that confuse me

It happens. We saw Oprah lose viewership for openly campaigning for Obama. Some people can't separate the person from their politics. No one ever said it's rational, but it happens.

sco

... These are just some of the contributors who are on with great regularity, and they more often than not bring very liberal viewpoints to the Fox News Station, so you get a taste of facts from both sides.
I'm not going to belabor the point since this isn't the appropriate forum but getting a 'taste of facts from both sides' is not balance. the vast majority of people, even most who are fans of the network, agree that they are decidedly right leaning. I would have no issue with that if they would just admit it. ( Bill
O'reilly claiming to be anything but a conservative is a real stretch regardless of what party he officially affiliates himself to.)

adam1995

I'm not going to belabor the point since this isn't the appropriate forum but getting a 'taste of facts from both sides' is not balance. the vast majority of people, even most who are fans of the network, agree that they are decidedly right leaning. I would have no issue with that if they would just admit it. ( Bill
O'reilly claiming to be anything but a conservative is a real stretch regardless of what party he officially affiliates himself to.)

Have you ever watched O'Reilly with any sort of regularity?

pklongbeach

Oh my goodness, you really don't understand what they are doing do you.................!

(presenting the otherside intentionally to tear it apart is not independant.)

If you truly believed that Bill O was an independant you would not actually listen to him. You know he is not. You know he presents targets for the express purpose of tearing them down...........don't you?

adam1995

Oh my goodness, you really don't understand what they are doing do you.................!

(presenting the otherside intentionally to tear it apart is not independant.)

If you truly believed that Bill O was an independant you would not actually listen to him. You know he is not. You know he presents targets for the express purpose of tearing them down...........don't you?

I think I understand it better than you, because I watch Fox every single day and see how they operate and all the personalities that are on the station. Don't tell me I don't understand. If you regularly watched Bill O'Reilly you would see he is rather objective, in fact he's too objective in my opinion. Liberals are on these shows everyday, not to tear them down but debate with them, a thing other news organizations don't do enough of, there are liberals hosting shows, you can deny that if you want, you'd be wrong. In fact a liberal has hosted O'Reilly on occasion. O'Reilly says he's independent and it shows through his show, so I do believe it if you don't, then don't watch, I couldn't care less one way or another. You walk around with blinders on under the influence of liberal media stations.

gwade82

I think I understand it better than you, because I watch Fox every single day and see how they operate and all the personalities that are on the station. Don't tell me I don't understand. If you regularly watched Bill O'Reilly you would see he is rather objective, in fact he's too objective in my opinion. Liberals are on these shows everyday, not to tear them down but debate with them, a thing other news organizations don't do enough of, there are liberals hosting shows, you can deny that if you want, you'd be wrong. In fact a liberal has hosted O'Reilly on occasion. O'Reilly says he's independent and it shows through his show, so I do believe it if you don't, then don't watch, I couldn't care less one way or another. You walk around with blinders on under the influence of liberal media stations.

I actually agree. AS and avid constitutionalist and conservative I too think he is way too objective and find it hard enjoy his approach. That being said he is the most successful news commentator on television since the early 90's. Fair and balanced is hard to stomach when the liberals continue to degrade this great nation.