Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mention of Carrie on Fox News "Watter's World: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame edition

pklongbeach

ok, I better be done, I think I just got accused of degrading a nation of people, ha ha ha....

I'm going to take Carries approach.
I'm walkng away.
No good is coming from this.

adam1995

You took that comment way too personally, it seems they were alluding to liberal commentators. I'm sure most people here believe everybody does things with good intentions, but as soon an opposed viewpoint comes in then it's immediately personal. Nobody can have a debate because everything has to be personal.

pklongbeach

No offense intended. I was speaking generically.

I know. I think we get passionate about making our points, me as well, and we can end up stepping on someone else in our efforts.

I truly think this is why someone like Carrie avoids such things publically.

IN writing it is especially hard to to know just how far to push our own ideas and opinions before we alienate someone.

ITs all good. I live my life side by side with someone who is a solid republican who watches Foxnews all the time.
And it is by far better not to attempt to argue our political ideals against eachother.
In the ned, no one really wins, and we lose the one we were trying to gain.

All good.

JB172

You took that comment way too personally, it seems they were alluding to liberal commentators. I'm sure most people here believe everybody does things with good intentions, but as soon an opposed viewpoint comes in then it's immediately personal. Nobody can have a debate because everything has to be personal.

Really???

You were the first on who started to take things personally so don't be accusing someone else of taking things to personally.

adam1995

^No, it wasn't so personal for me that I had to just stop because I was upset, I'm just defending the other side, they are my personal feelings, but I was terribly offended. I think at some point we've all taken this a little personally, but I haven't gotten so personally offended. That's the fact, sorry.

gwade82

Actually I was referring to the degrading of our country perpetuated for decades by liberal politicians. Just an old man's patriotic opinion.

lolita55

I don't agree that MSNBC is as far left as Fox is far right. Fox has gone way, way right, to the point where they have actually hurt the Rep party as far as the Presidential races are concerned. Just ask Karl Rove.
I think you might be confusing liberals with progressives. Progressives want to move the country forward, (gay rights, civil rights, immigration reform, healthcare, environment), conservatives basically want things as they are or better yet, as they were(less regulation, less taxes, anti EPA, anti immigration reform, no gun control, more voter ID laws).Conservatives IMO, are more do for yourself. Progressives are more we're in this together. Nothing wrong with being conservative, I'm that way fiscally, but progressive in other ways.

I agree with you when you say that conservatives are more do for yourself.However, I really do not think that progressives are more about we are in this together, I think the majority of them when it comes down to it are all about them... I am fiscally conservative, and more progressive the other way... Except when it comes to the healthcare debate. They had soo many more issues to fix before they touched that one. They just had tunnel vision when it came to that.. We need Immigration reform, but before we do, the people that break the law and come here illegally need to be punished for it.. I believe gays shoud be allowed to marry, civil rights for all..... When it comes to the environment most peope do not care.. The reason for that is because there is soo much misinformation about it on both sides.. I still say that MSNBC is as liberal as FOX is Conservative....

jptexas

I agree with you when you say that conservatives are more do for yourself.However, I really do not think that progressives are more about we are in this together, I think the majority of them when it comes down to it are all about them... I am fiscally conservative, and more progressive the other way... Except when it comes to the healthcare debate. They had soo many more issues to fix before they touched that one. They just had tunnel vision when it came to that.. We need Immigration reform, but before we do, the people that break the law and come here illegally need to be punished for it.. I believe gays shoud be allowed to marry, civil rights for all..... When it comes to the environment most peope do not care.. The reason for that is because there is soo much misinformation about it on both sides.. I still say that MSNBC is as liberal as FOX is Conservative....

I think the healthcare thing was a "gotta do it when we can" thing. Presidents from both parties had been trying to insure the majority of Americans for decades but just couldn't get all to agree. The president knew that if he didn't do it now, it wouldn't get done. You say we had more important issues, but IMO, having health insurance is primary in millions of people's opinion. I know many people that work in companies primarily because they offer healthcare. Sure, the beginning sucked, but eventually people with no insurance will get on board. I would have preferred a " single payer" plan but it would have put thousands of insurance workers out of a job.
As for the environment, if we don't care about it, it'll come back to bite us in the ass.

Hil

mofan

ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN, if you really think you are getting staight up News stories think again. You need to educate yourselves and wake up. They are all afraid to do their jobs and actually investigate anything. JMO

lolita55

I think the healthcare thing was a "gotta do it when we can" thing. Presidents from both parties had been trying to insure the majority of Americans for decades but just couldn't get all to agree. The president knew that if he didn't do it now, it wouldn't get done. You say we had more important issues, but IMO, having health insurance is primary in millions of people's opinion. I know many people that work in companies primarily because they offer healthcare. Sure, the beginning sucked, but eventually people with no insurance will get on board. I would have preferred a " single payer" plan but it would have put thousands of insurance workers out of a job.
As for the environment, if we don't care about it, it'll come back to bite us in the ass.

When it comes to healthcare The affordable health care act will make it worse not better... they are talking about subsidizing people's healthcare payments.. For the ones where they are high and they cannot afford it. We do not have the money for that at all.. Not to mention the people that are getting pushed into medicare.. Medicare is already broke.. I also do not like that fact that congress is exempt from this law.. There has to be like 40% of people 35 and under in the private insurance market of the bill for it to even be solvent.. If they really wanted to cover the uninsured then they should have done a healthcare plan with just the uninsured and left everyone else alone. My brother and sister-in-laws monthly premium went up 180 dollard a month because of this bill.. I do not like big goverment. It does not do anything for us.. I also think that this country made a huge Mistake in voting in Bush Jr, and Obama into office.. I personally care about the environment.. But most people do not. There was a poll awhile back, and they asked what were the 20 most important things, and the environment was last. That was a national pole too..

Carrie

Before anybody tears down Fox News, even though it's too late, I ask does anybody even watch the O'Reilly Factor and know the Watter's World segment? From the responses here I would say mostly no. That segment is about going out to the community and asking people about today's current politics, because, SURPRISE, it's a political show. Usually they go find the idiots of the world and talk to them, so they changed it up this time, and I'm sure they expected many not to talk about politics. Jesse Watter's was just disappointed that Carrie didn't talk to him, because he said he's a fan. Honestly, I agree with Fox News and even if I was a celebrity, I wouldn't talk about politics. So, take your swipes at Fox News, because you say they hurt your head, or are they a still a news channel or whatever it may be, but just remember they're the number 1 news network, beating CNN, MSNBC and all the others, because they tell the truth and don't sugar coat things. They know what they're doing.

You're 100% correct on the segment. They did the same thing at the 420 event in Colorado monday.

And how some ask if Fox is news uh they are the only ones that even cover this administration failures everyone else just ignores topics that might hurt O

Carrie

ABC, CBS, NBC and CNN, if you really think you are getting staight up News stories think again. You need to educate yourselves and wake up. They are all afraid to do their jobs and actually investigate anything. JMO

they should be considered as working fore the Government at the current state of their 'reporting'

As big as healthcare is they ignored it

MRC examined each evening news program that aired on NBC, CBS and ABC. MRC found that NBC aired just one full report on the new health care law, and it included Lester Holt touting “a new era in health care in this country.” NBC Nightly News devoted less than one percent of all its available airtime to the fundamental overhaul of the country's health care system. And they weren't alone:

The other broadcast evening networks have hardly been more thorough. ABC’s World News has devoted just 6 minutes, 58 seconds to ObamaCare so far this year, while the CBS Evening News gave viewers 19 minutes, 21 seconds of coverage. Combined, that adds up to 31 minutes, 20 seconds, or approximately 0.72% of the total time devoted to news on the three evening broadcasts.