Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike Fisher Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinannhunt

The notice on channelsurf is that the guy in on personal business and the site is not doing sports at this time. He was shut down at the .com site and now the .eu site is in hold.

jeff

just another fan
Mike's first game with Nashville will be against Colorado. One of the all time greats Peter Forsberg just made his return with Colorado tonight after 3 years out of the league with injuries. He briefly played with Nashville before, and his return is probably the only story in the hockey world that is bigger than the Fisher trade. there will be a lot of attention for that game, being Mike's debut and Forsberg's return. Coincidentally, Forsberg's return got delayed a few days because of visa issues

Wonder if the Preds will be asking Carrie to do the national anthem from time to time now. :p

i was watching a wings game at the preds last weekend on TV. they had Vince Gill and Alice Cooper provide intermission entertainment. im sure their marketing department are making some phone calls. if you watch any interview with the Preds GM he always gets asked whether they will ask carrie to help out with their promos, and he's like "I'm a hockey guy, and i made a hockey move. you'll have to ask the marketing department those questions". lol

Last edited:

DaisyTweets

Can anyone enlighten me about the timing of the trade? Meaning is there is a reason why they did it when they did it? Or is it just a case of they can to terms so both teams pulled the trigger?

Also,does anyone know if there's a sports radio station in Nashville? Thanks

JB172

Can anyone enlighten me about the timing of the trade? Meaning is there is a reason why they did it when they did it? Or is it just a case of they can to terms so both teams pulled the trigger?

Also,does anyone know if there's a sports radio station in Nashville? Thanks

Even though the trade deadline isn't until the 28th, it just came time to pull the trigger on the deal from the Ottawa side of things, it's likely that Mike isn't the first guy who will be traded off of the Sens and my moving him now Murray can look into dealing other guys then from the Nashville side of things it gives Mike more time to get adjusted to playing with his new team as they make a run towards the playoffs.

I found two sports radio stations using google, they are 560 and 104.5.

mlawlor

Normally radio most likely would not make such a big deal like television, but it might also be worth listening to the radio feed of the game at predators.nhl.com if you can't watch the game because I think even they might mention Carrie if she shows up.

Carrie is the most searched key word on Yahoo right now
76916159.png
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

teesharky

Wow. This news is still going strong. lol

Carrie posted and gave links to watch the game online tonight too-- but thanks Jeff for that other link as I used that before for Sens games and it worked nicely.

Kizmet311

This is interesting that you say this because I always got the feeling from Carrie that Nashville would be home home. Especially after Mike retired and once the babies came along. But like you say now it doesn't matter. I wonder if they'll get something different in Nashville now? Wonder how big the Nashville house is?

Well, I kinda got the impression that until Mike retired, they were planning on spending any off time in Ottawa, so I think it would have been their primary residence for the next few years if he hadn't been traded. There wasn't a reason for them to be in Nashville really, unless Carrie was working and Mike was off. I figured Mike was going to get a last few years in Ottawa before he retired and then they would move to Nashville as their primary residence. Like others have said - their plans just got bumped up by a few years!

opry051008

^ That article on the Yahoo Canada main page has almost 1000 comments now and Yikes, that radio station is taking a beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.