Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert - The Weight Of These Wings

Kizmet311

This was the picture she posted yesterday on Twitter.

CnRL6E6UEAAExby.jpg

Well, Vice makes sense with the picture Miranda posted of her holding a drink yesterday (I think it was yesterday). I will say that this title is much more intriguing to me and I can't wait to hear it! Just a few more days!

I'm wondering if it'll have a universal message/story in the lyrics, like we all have our vices or something like that.

ETA: I also wonder if there is an emotional component to the song. Like she clings to her voice to help her through the pain?

DaisyTweets

lizcarlo

Vice sounds interesting. I know she is going to do teasing to get more buzz but I want it released now. lol

Farawayhills

It does sound interesting (and the ice in the glass rhymes with vice)

But those repeated record images puzzle me, as they do seem to tie in more with the first title suggested. Both songs are by the same writers - I wonder if they could actually be the same song? (Songs are sometimes registered under alternative titles, for a variety of reasons - change of mind, different registration dates, publishing rights shared by different people, etc).

Claire2004

Cadillac Jack
@ATLCadillac
Release is Monday. Had a chance to hear it today. It's like nothing she has ever recorded before. The "vice" is men.

Claire2004

Follow up tweets from @ATLCadillac:

Absolutely not. Quite possibly the best Miranda song ever released. The production, sound, lyrics. Everything. twitter.com/Begina/status/…

Does not even compare to any song I can recall. (When asked if similar to any Miranda tune)

I would not call it a Texas sound at all. I'd call it a unique ML sound like nothing you've ever heard before. (When asked if Miranda went for a more Texas sound)

Very catchy lyrics in the song. Very clever. The lyrics are as unique as the production of the song.

Slow (er). (When asked if the single is fast or slow)

Farawayhills

An article from Taste of Country, partly sourced to a presenter on a radio station who has heard the single, contains some interesting points:

1. "Vice" is indeed the single title
2. The "vice" in the song jyric refers to men
3. It's said to be like nothing she's recorded before
4. There is further speculation (not from the same source) that "Records I Never Heard" is the album title

The article is here:
Miranda Lambert Confirms New Single Called 'Vice'

Farawayhills

Thaks Claire - our posts overlapped, but I see you have extra detail on the tempo and musical style. This sounds more unusual than I'd been expecting (I don't always have great hopes for lead singles - but, from the description, this could certainly prove a memorable one!)

teesharky

Here we go again. The CMAS will give her Female Vocalist even though the song came out after the eligibility period. They will try to justify her win with this song anyway. (sigh)

I do like the title though. Vice is a cool song title.

Kizmet311

I just saw the news from Taste of Country this morning and I am SO excited for this song. The fact that the Vice is men and there were certainly some rumors swirling that Miranda's "vice" might have been part of the downfall of her marriage makes me super intrigued to hear this song. I'm glad that it is a slower song and I hope it is really introspective, although it is also sure to be radio friendly, so perhaps not as introspective as her solo writes. If the album title is indeed "Records I've Never Heard", which would be a cool title, then the pictures of records play right along with that. Monday can't get here soon enough for me, although I do have David Nail's new album to hold me over until then.

As for the image of vinyl records or a turntable, my goodness, Carrie does NOT own the rights to images of vinyl records. Plus, the Storyteller color scheme was all vintage/red/brown and Miranda appears to be going with B&W for at least this single's promo. As badly as I want Carrie to win FVOTY this year and as much as I have hated her losses to Miranda in the past, it still can't dampen my excitement for new Miranda music.

Farawayhills

Aside from the new album, the same source has this information (of great interest to me as a Roots fan)

"Miranda will be featured on John Prine's New Album 'For Better, Or Worse' out in Sept. on the song "Cold, Cold Heart"

John Prine, who will be 70 this year, is a hero figure to many in the Roots community. His new album includes duets with several other female Country singers, besides Miranda. You can read an article on it here:
http://www.npr.org/sections/thereco...o-release-new-duets-album-for-better-or-worse

"Cold, Cold Heart" is a 1951 song, written and originally performed by Hank Williams. At the time, what became known as Country Music was a significant niche market, still widely described by the record companies as Hillbilly Music. "Cold, Cold Heart" was one of the first songs from the genre to be widely accepted by the General Music world, and became a Pop, as well as a Honky Tonk, standard (notably after being covered by Tony Bennett), The lyric is almost certainly a reflection on Hank's troubled relationship with his wife Audrey.

lizcarlo

My dad loves John Prine. So many talented people singing with him.

Oh my goodness a slower song about her vice being men. It sounds interesting. I wonder what the new sound may be.

Farawayhills

An article gives further impressions from someone who has heard a peak at the song. I've highlighted the words that appear to give new details:

"We at Nash Country Daily have been lucky enough to get a sneak listen to the sultry single and there’s a reason she posted the image of the vinyl record as a hint. We can say that it is a very different kind of song for Miranda—one that you wouldn’t expect—but well worth the wait."

(It is also the second time someone hearing the song has mentioned that it's very different, and not what you'd expect)

Miranda Lambert?s Sultry New Single, ?Vice? to Be Revealed on July 18 | Nash Country Daily

Claire2004

^Farawayhills, dudleyvillas from Pulse posted a tweet with a 2-minute clip of the Pistol Annies soundchecking Vice!!!! But I don't know how to post it here. Do you think you can post it here for us? Thanks!