Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Famous Song from CR?

CarrieFan928

I've been listening to Carnival Ride a lot lately and have noticed that unlike SH and PO it doesn't have a definite hit. What I mean is there's no song on CR that everyone can agree is the biggest hit from the album or that a lot of people can recognize more than another CR song. SH has BHC which has gone 3x Platinum and crossed over. PO has CC which has sold 1.6 million copies, had a huge debut on the country chart, and is the closest thing to cross over from this album. I was wondering which, in your opinion, is CR's biggest hit.

So Small: has the highest debut on Billboard's (all chart placements will be on Billboard) country chart by a female artist, was a top 20 Hot 100 hit, spent 3 weeks at #1 (more than any other CR single), has sold over 900,000 copies, placed at #23 on pop chart
All-American Girl: best selling CR song with 1.2 million downloads, spent 2 weeks at #1, crossed over to radio disney
Last Name: close to Platinum, won a Grammy, won a PCA, performed on AI and the ACM awards, reached Hot 100 top 20, reached #1 in 13 weeks, reached #31 on Hot AC
Just a Dream: Grammy-nominated, critical acclaim, sold 914,000 copies, made top 30 Hot 100, two weeks at #1
I Told You So: reached top 10 on Hot 100 after an AI performance, featured on Now That's What I Call Country, duet with Randy Travis, has sold 784,000 copies, won a Grammy

I've always thought Last Name was the most famous but that's only because it's my favorite. Or All-American Girl because when it came out I was still watching/listening to Disney so I heard it more than any other CR song.

Ty

All American Girl. I actually think it's kind of a signature hit for Carrie. Not too the same extent as J,TTW or BHC but still.

Carrieflattsfan

Interesting....

I love CR, and it's by far my favorite Carrie album.
I disagree about the album not having a big hit though; "Last Name" and "Just A Dream" both seemed to get a lot of people to take another look at Carrie, IMO.
I think PO was the album that doesn't have a massive hit; none of the songs crossed over, or bulit her a solid amount of buzz, unlike BHC, SS, LN, and JTTW.

In terms of sales/ attention I think LN & JAD were probably the biggest hits. JAD took Carrie to a whole other level; it's a shame the critics underrated it so much. I actually think CR is an underrated album as a whole, with monster vocals like JAD, IKYW and WOTW, along with solid upbeat songs (GOTT, LN, AAG, Twisted, YWFT).

The only real "miss" to me was TMBIM, but it's perfect for Carrie, so I don't have a problem with including it on the album. I think tons of the songs were solid, and not as vauge/impersonal as some songs on PO and SH. ;)

carriecountrystar

Interesting....

I love CR, and it's by far my favorite Carrie album.
I disagree about the album not having a big hit though; "Last Name" and "Just A Dream" both seemed to get a lot of people to take another look at Carrie, IMO.
I think PO was the album that doesn't have a massive hit; none of the songs crossed over, or bulit her a solid amount of buzz, unlike BHC, SS, LN, and JTTW.

In terms of sales/ attention I think LN & JAD were probably the biggest hits. JAD took Carrie to a whole other level; it's a shame the critics underrated it so much. I actually think CR is an underrated album as a whole, with monster vocals like JAD, IKYW and WOTW, along with solid upbeat songs (GOTT, LN, AAG, Twisted, YWFT).

The only real "miss" to me was TMBIM, but it's perfect for Carrie, so I don't have a problem with including it on the album. I think tons of the songs were solid, and not as vauge/impersonal as some songs on PO and SH. ;)

I agree. CR was very solid (and rather underrated album) with great material and each song sounded different and on its own and not like a filler. songs like "I know you won't", "you won't find this", "twisted", "flat on the floor" (AMAAAAAZING vocals) were killer songs with unique tones and arrangement and great lyrical structure. also carnival ride hits really showed a lot of who carrie is and like you said above ^ it had a real impact. songs like "Crazy dream" and "wheel of the world" were inspirational but not cliche .All of them did great on charts-climbed up rather quickly and had the strength to STAY #1 for several weeks at least (unlike Play On singles that were pushed off immediately after first week). Also CR is the most country album among other 2 as of now.

thunder92

Id say its AAG definetley
LN is close, but even with all the live performances it has had it is just barely getting to platinum (it hasnt quite yet)
JAD could have been bigger but it was not
ITYS obviously had the highest position on the Hot 100, but that is because of the idol performance

AAG has sold quite a bit, two weeks at number 1 (it would have been at least 3 if the label hadnt cut it short), and it was a big hit on radio disney

countrymusicfan15

I would say "Just A Dream," (the video was phenomenal) but I think IKYW or GOOTT could have been the most famous if released.

Last edited:
Yeah AAG's the song most associated with Carrie from the CR era because it's easily the most relatable, catchy song that was released. Plus the lyrics really suit her personality and it's significantly different from JTTW and BHC. It has excellent digital sales and solid recurrent play, indicating people still like the song without it being pushed. SS and ITYS have negligible recurrent play so those are definitely ruled out even though they have higher Hot 100 peaks.

Suellen

I will have to say AAG is my favorite song that Carrie released from CR. What is funny now is the #12 appeared about three or four times in the video – the same number as Mike. My favorite song that was not release is IKYW.

AIgrl06

I think it's "All-American Girl." That song's had a longevity that it seems the others haven't, at least in terms of sales. If not that one, then probably "Last Name."

JTTW108

CR had all great single choices IMO.
I think SS was the best though, people looooved it right when it came out and it was all over country radio. Also it remains a lot of peoples favorite Carrie song to date simply bc its got a beautiful message and something we can all relate too.

HuiZ

Awards aside, years from now, I think AAG and ITYS are the ones that will be remembered more than the others. AAG is actually one of Carrie's signature song IMO. ITYS will always have that special place because of the duet with Randy.

Personally, I think the main reason Last Name is close to platinum is because Carrie loves to perform it live. Even when she was doing GMA and CMA Fest (shown on TV) during PO era, she threw in Last Name performances as well. And it is a smart move because she seriously SELLS that song live!

The Nanook

I would say AAG. I also consider it a bit of Carrie's "mini" signature song. I think it's the lyrics and also the general up-tempo, "happy" feel to it. I think it, along with JAD, had the most potential off all the singles from CR and could have been even bigger than it was.

carriecountrystar

Id say its AAG definetley
LN is close, but even with all the live performances it has had it is just barely getting to platinum (it hasnt quite yet)
JAD could have been bigger but it was not
ITYS obviously had the highest position on the Hot 100, but that is because of the idol performance

AAG has sold quite a bit, two weeks at number 1 (it would have been at least 3 if the label hadnt cut it short), and it was a big hit on radio disney

it's unfortunate JAD was not as big as it deserved to be. It totally got overshadowed by "love story". ("love story" was like "jesus take the wheel" in its success or like "before he cheats". like that #1 Breakthrough song). it even got pushed off the #1 spot by "love story".
it's a pity as I think that song was one of carrie's finest songs AND live performances to date.

Cps235

I think All-American Girl, as well! I think that AAG was the biggest hit on Carnival Ride in terms of digital sales/popularity & has become her signature song!

allamericangirl8

I'd say SS is like JTTW -- a fan favourite with a beautiful message, soaring vocals and piles of drama. AAG is like BHC -- memorable lyrics showcasing Carrie's ability to have fun, to put a smile on your face. When pop fans think Carrie, they think of the all-American girl who dug her key into the side of that cheater's pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive.

In terms of popularity: AAG.
Her signature song: SS.

JAD should've been bigger than it was, but I don't think it could've topped those other two songs in terms of popularity.

CarrieFan928

I didn't mean CR had no hits, I just meant unlike SH, you can't really tell which one is the most successful song. All CR singles are kinda on the same level of success.

By famous I also meant which one have people heard the most. Since Carrie loves playing Last Name maybe more general music fans have heard it. Being sung many times doesn't automatically transfer to sales.

jaks_weyn

I say AAG... Carrie has been tagged as the All-American Girl during her CR days... :D
ITYS actually to some extent... because radio here in the Philippines played it... :D
And my friends from the little city where I come from, knows the song, which for me means, it's kind of famous :D

I say AAG... Carrie has been tagged as the All-American Girl during her CR days... :D
ITYS actually to some extent... because radio here in the Philippines played it... :D
And my friends from the little city where I come from, knows the song, which for me means, it's kind of famous :D
thats weird I would have always considered ITYS as the least popular song and I had no idea it was played in other countries