Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

PRGuy79

Gorgeous album cover, love the title, and top-notch production credits for this! Very excited!

With Greg Wells (producer) and Serban Ghenea (mixer), this album will likely take a decidedly pop direction as their professional credits are almost exclusively in the pop world. Serban Ghenea mixed part of Some Hearts - but it was the pop selections produced by Dan Huff.

I'm excited to see who all is included as "guests".

It is also fascinating to see how they navigated the pandemic with the virtual production by Zoom and the social distancing of the orchestra.

sco

I was trying to figure out if the little boy in the trailer was Isaiah. I cant be sure from the quick glimpse but I don't think so. The boy looked older.

^I am actually glad Carrie isn’t being restricted with it being country! This is essentially her chance without the critics and Debby downers complaining about it haha! I have no clue what Greg’s work was like with Keith so I don’t know what his work is like in the country realm, although Keith is pretty genre blending.

I was trying to figure out if the little boy in the trailer was Isaiah. I cant be sure from the quick glimpse but I don't think so. The boy looked older.

I think it definitely would be him especially because Carrie was talking about him in the trailer.

twaintrain

Beautiful album cover!

And crap at her saying her favorite song is "Little Drummer Boy", lol! I'll muddle through that one I guess, haha.

It was never one of my faves either until I heard Faith Hill's version and it blew me away. I'm sure Carrie's will be great.

Smokyiiis

Stunning cover photo! I'm never disappointed in her cover photos though so I'm not surprised! I'm betting the first single is from the pic we saw. A beautiful duet.
I have always loved the Little Drummer Boy so I'm glad to hear the story within it captures her heart too. And having Isaiah in it makes my heart glad too! I'd be playing Christmas music in July in my home if it were released already. LOL

I just thought about how this hopefully locks in award shows performances at the ACMs, CMAs, CMTs, etc this fall assuming those still takes place! I’m glad it is coming out early enough too so it will get a lot of time for streaming and sales before Christmas!

twaintrain

If you're like me and had no idea who Greg Wells is, this is from Wikipedia:

Greg Wells is a Grammy winning Canadian musician, songwriter and record producer[SUP][1][/SUP] based in Los Angeles. Wells has songs on over 125 million albums sold and streaming numbers in the billions. He has produced and written with Twenty One Pilots, Adele, John Legend, Taylor Swift, Rufus Wainwright, Deftones, The Greatest Showman: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Dua Lipa, k. d. lang, Pharrell Williams, Team Sleep, Katy Perry, Kid Cudi, Keith Urban, Creeper Lagoon, Theophilus London, Ariana Grande, Weezer, OneRepublic, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Otep, All American Rejects, Jars of Clay, Aerosmith, Mika, Grace VanderWaal, Jamie Cullum, Celine Dion, Crash Test Dummies,[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] and music legends Quincy Jones, Elton John, Burt Bacharach, Andrew Lloyd Webber, and the Count Basie Orchestra.

rcramer

It was never one of my faves either until I heard Faith Hill's version and it blew me away. I'm sure Carrie's will be great.

Thank you for posting this... Never seen Faiths version, really neat to have the singers in the back ground.... Carrie will just blow us away also... Just listening to the trailer and it just made my heart melt knowing that this is one of her favorite songs and she is going to cover it.... Like her it is about the sentimental value and the lyrics of that song, that make it perfect.....

adam1995

I just thought about how this hopefully locks in award shows performances at the ACMs, CMAs, CMTs, etc this fall assuming those still takes place! I’m glad it is coming out early enough too so it will get a lot of time for streaming and sales before Christmas!

Christmas albums don't usually secure ACM/CMA performance slots. CMA Christmas sure, but not the actual award show.

^true, probably wishful thinking! I was hoping there was an original song that wasn’t super Christmas-y that could work haha! I just want her to perform.

sco

Carrie has the clout and will likely have a nomination, to claim a performance slot. I'd think from there it's her choice what to perform?

Zach1998

How’s her album release week looking in terms of competition? No bigger names that would overshadow this from a nice chart peak correct?

CarrieAddicted

I must admit that I'm now super excited for this album! Love all the concept!

I'm just wondering, tho, why they haven't announced the lead single. Can anyone suggest a reason?
Hope they release it sooner rather than late.

FanSince04

Ohhh boy! I’m so excited for this album. Christmas is my favorite holiday and winter is my favorite season, so for Carrie to release a Christmas album is truly the star on top of the tree! Greg Wells has produced for many chart topping artists. I’m hoping he and Carrie add more success to her amazing feats!

simonplay

I must admit that I'm now super excited for this album! Love all the concept!

I'm just wondering, tho, why they haven't announced the lead single. Can anyone suggest a reason?
Hope they release it sooner rather than late.

Usually lead singles are announced some days before the release day, so I think a lead single will be released sometime in september. They can't release a Christmas lead single in summer..