Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

CU4ever

“At the meet and greet in Atlanta #carrieunderwood was asked about her doing a Christmas album. She said that there was one she had planned to do in the past but her label at the time prevented it from happening but that one would be coming in the future but gave no timeline."

CU4ever probably knows the user who posted that initially but it was on twitter. I mean we aren’t sure entirely but it could make sense for sure.

Yeah..while we don't know for sure like you said, it would be a striking coincidence for someone to make up that an album was coming out and then for it really to happen just a few months later

CU4ever

Ok thanks! The tweet doesn't say who the source is though and it doesn't say in 2020 either.
I believe that she told someone about the album but not sure that she blame Sony like that for not having one, that seems weird coming from Carrie. But is just a tought.

yeah, that’s the reservation about that tweet. It’s hard to believe Carrie would sell out SN like that, but maybe she didn’t say exactly what was said & just inferred it. I’m not sure if it was a fan who posted it , and that account just shared the news, but I suppose one could try finding out if they really wanted to lol

FanSince04

Doesn't Faith not like Carrie? Lol. Anyway, I'm definitely here for Silent Night. I say it's a must have, especially with Carrie's voice. I do agree, a duet of some sort would be really nice.

I thought those were all rumors based on that reaction Faith made; however, I thought it was a thing of the past. Either way I’d like to hear it.

If Carrie does a duet other than the David Bisbal thing that we aren’t entirely sure of yet, I would like to see something with someone like Dan and Shay- people are probably mixed on them but they have great streaming numbers and are very trendy.

simonplay

I'm starting to think that the Cry Pretty Tour Dvd will be released with the Christmas album! I have a good feeling about that!

CU4ever

Hopefully a mix of both since she covered a few of the classics on Carnival Ride Christmas. I wish we had more news on this, lol. Carrie announced it and then nothing, even from UMG promoting the news

jaks_weyn

looking forward to this! Hope we get the tracklist soon!
good timing for us here in the country too as we start preparing for Xmas on September

CU4ever

Loved hearing what Carrie had to say about the album, it almost made me cry, haha. Sounds like she worked a lot on this while in lockdown, she's always working so hard for us! She says she's always wanted to make a Christmas album & I'm so happy UMG finally let her!

Also looks like Isaiah is going to be on a track!

CU4ever

press release with information:

“I’ve always wanted to make a Christmas album and it’s been a long time coming,” says Underwood. “I knew this would be my next music project after wrapping my tour last year, and I think it’s turned out to be the perfect time for an album like this, in this period of such personal and spiritual reflection. For me, it’s more important than ever to focus on the true meaning of Christmas in a project like this. Even though it has been a tough year for all of us, sometimes I feel like the greatest realizations can be inspired by the most difficult times, and make us more grateful for the things we do have and for what truly matters.”

On My Gift, Carrie welcomes a stellar list of musical collaborators, led by GRAMMY Award-winning producer, mixer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Greg Wells, who produced and arranged the album and has written and produced some of the best-selling and highest charting tracks of the past 15 years for such artists as Adele, Celine Dion, Keith Urban, and P!nk, as well as the worldwide smash The Greatest Showman soundtrack. My Gift features a world-class orchestra, led by the pre-eminent arranger, composer, and conductor David Campbell, whose many credits include iconic recordings by artists including Linda Ronstadt, Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake, Barbra Streisand, Michael Jackson, Josh Groban, and his son Beck. My Gift is mixed by 14-time GRAMMY Award winning mixer, Serban Ghenea.

Although Carrie has previously recorded several Christmas songs which have become instant classics, her first full-length holiday album has been highly-anticipated by her fans around the world. The album will feature a combination of beloved traditional favorites celebrating her faith and the spiritual nature of the holiday, as well as original material (track list, songwriters, and special guests will be revealed at a later date).