Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

rcramer

No "Little Drummer Boy"! By far, the worst Christmas song!

The worst Christmas song.. Im confused.....

The words to that song just bring tears to my eyes when I hear it......

He had no gift to bring to the King so he played his instrument..... So he pleased the king by his drums.....

rcramer

I'm really hoping she doesn't repeat any of the songs from the CR bonus racks. Been there done that. Too many beautiful Christmas songs out there. I want all new songs ( new new and new old classics)' Also please no Last Christmas, Santa Baby, Baby It's Cold Outside.They've all been done to death.

Some I'd love - Silent Night , It Came Upon A Midnight Clear ,Christmas Needs Love To Be Christmas and Silver Bells.

Hope for new songs as well.... Classics are always nice, just no cheesy ones... And since Carrie is such a spiritual person, I would assume she would go for Hymns and spiritual songs.... And most of all showcase her awesome vocal range...

I don’t see Carrie doing Little Drummer Boy because stylistically it doesn’t seem like something she would sing. It can seem choppy depending on who is singing it with the Ra pum pum pum parts or whatever they’re technically called.

simonplay

I want "Last Christmas" too!! Such a classic! I always listen to her live version and would love a studio version! I think she will include that one since she is such a fan of Wham!

rcramer

I don’t see Carrie doing Little Drummer Boy because stylistically it doesn’t seem like something she would sing. It can seem choppy depending on who is singing it with the Ra pum pum pum parts or whatever they’re technically called.

There have been interesting versions of the song like the one from the group Pentatonix, but the lyrics to the song is what makes it beautiful... I don't think it would be a song she would choose, but one never knows.....

adam1995

The worst Christmas song.. Im confused.....

The words to that song just bring tears to my eyes when I hear it......

He had no gift to bring to the King so he played his instrument..... So he pleased the king by his drums.....

I can't stand it, lol! The rumpa pum pums are so annoying. Not for me, haha.

monkeyboy16

I agree about not repeating the songs that were on the Carnival Ride version, especially now that you can already buy and stream them
now. I feel like they would be pretty different if she redid them, but I can already listen so I want all new. If she did redo one, I would only want O Holy Night I think.

Yes, I agree. Her Oh Holy Night was a bit of a let down for me, just because she didn’t sing any other verses. I’d like a redo for that. I can see her doing a more traditional sounding album compared to modern album. Either way, I will love whatever she releases.

CU4ever

I'm really hoping she doesn't repeat any of the songs from the CR bonus racks. Been there done that. Too many beautiful Christmas songs out there. I want all new songs ( new new and new old classics)' Also please no Last Christmas, Santa Baby, Baby It's Cold Outside.They've all been done to death.

Some I'd love - Silent Night , It Came Upon A Midnight Clear ,Christmas Needs Love To Be Christmas and Silver Bells.

Ditto to this. I really need Carrie's version of Silent Night the most. Her voice is so beautiful, especially with Christmas songs (just listen to All is Well)

I saw a suggestion for “A Very Carrie Christmas” as the title for the album, but too bad Kacey Musgraves’ is “A Very Kacey Christmas.” I am sure it will have good title regardless though! And album cover!

CU4ever

I saw a suggestion for “A Very Carrie Christmas” as the title for the album, but too bad Kacey Musgraves’ is “A Very Kacey Christmas.” I am sure it will have good title regardless though! And album cover!

I'm most excited for the album cover! Hopefully it's something really cinematic looking like Blown Away's (but for Christmas) XD

^ Who knows, maybe they already did the photoshoot...I still wonder what Carrie had the extensions for that one day with Melissa, since she didn’t have them in shortly after for the Fan Club Party!

simonplay

I want a cover with that beautiful, big, shinny smile! I can't believe we don't have a album cover like that yet!

450_1000.jpg

4fbe6868ecad04e042000001.jpg

abbeyjones18

^ Who knows, maybe they already did the photoshoot...I still wonder what Carrie had the extensions for that one day with Melissa, since she didn’t have them in shortly after for the Fan Club Party!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I mean, they wouldn't need a ton of people for a photoshoot.

holding0n2jesus

Here is my DREAM Christmas album from Carrie:

Carrie Underwood
"Comfort & Joy"

1. It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
  2. Original
  3. Last Christmas
  4. Silver Bells
  5. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear/Away In A Manger Medley
  6. Silent Night
  7. Go Tell It On The Mountain
  8. Little Drummer Boy
  9. Christmas Star (Cece Winans cover)
  10. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
  11. I’ll Be Home For Christmas
  12. Original
  13. Breath of Heaven (Mary’s Song)
  14. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/O Come All Ye Faithful/O Little Town of Bethlehem Medley
  15. White Christmas
  16. If Every Day Was Like Christmas (Elvis cover)

holding0n2jesus

The only thing important to me is that I REALLY hope she includes "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear." It was my momma's favorite Christmas song. Carrie was her favorite singer. She passed away a year ago. I was able to treat her to see Carrie on the Storyteller tour so she had that dream of seeing her live realized before she passed. But it would just be amazing (and bring me to tears) to have Carrie do my momma's favorite song which has since become very special to me..

bigd79

A few of my hopefuls for the upcoming christmas record:

1. Breath of heaven(Mary's Song)
2. Have yourself a merry little Christmas
3. Silver bells
4. Grown Up Christmas List
5. Silent Night
6. O Come All Ye Faithful

And hopefully at least a couple of originals and who knows what other covers? I obviously don't anticipate i will see all of these i would like but hopefully at least a few of them make it.

Manchs

COMING OFF MY HIATUS TO SAY I'M SO FRIGGING EXCITED FOR THIS AAA

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Manchs, I think you sum up how a lot of people are feeling about this album lol! And I could see Carrie doing O Come All Ye Faithful because that one is definitely more religious. There are a lot of lesser popular Christmas songs out there, but she will definitely want to do a number of ones that a wide crowd of people recognize!