Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

adam1995

My perfect tracklist for the album would be:

1. Original
2. Silent Night
3. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
4. O Come All Ye Faithful
5. White Christmas
6. Original
7. Blue Christmas
8. All is Well (add in her duet with Michael W. Smith)
9. Away in a Manager
10. I'll be Home for Christmas
11. Original
12. What Child is This
13. Silver Bells
14. Ave Maria (Not exactly Christmas, but beautiful nonetheless)
15. O Holy Night (Epic high notes)

1. Original
2. Silent Night
5. White Christmas
6. Original
7. Blue Christmas
9. Away in a Manager
11. Original
12. What Child is This
13. Silver Bells

Ave Maria would be so cool...something like that would vocally set her apart and get a lot of buzz, kinda like HGTA and Softly and Tenderly.

PRGuy79

I hope she includes her duet with Michael W. Smith, "All is Well". I feel like that didn't get the attention it truly deserved and perhaps this would remind the general public about its greatness.

I agree about All is Well...vocally angelic! I wonder if this could end up being a double disc album. I kind of doubt it, but it’s always a possibility like with the GH album.

jptexas

1. Original
2. Silent Night
5. White Christmas
6. Original
7. Blue Christmas
9. Away in a Manager
11. Original
12. What Child is This
13. Silver Bells

I would add The Christmas Song. To hear her voice singing “chestnuts roasting on an open fire” would make any heart glow.

PRGuy79

Carrie's technical prowess, as demonstrated during The Sound of Music Live, shows that she would do justice to Ave Maria - operatic or otherwise.

cmuf2011

I’m hoping it’s a double cd. One CD can be the popular Christmas songs and the other CD can be the more Jesus theme version. For example Let it snow would be on the popular one while What child is this would be on the more Jesus related album.

I’m hoping it’s a double cd. One CD can be the popular Christmas songs and the other CD can be the more Jesus theme version. For example Let it snow would be on the popular one while What child is this would be on the more Jesus related album.

I like that idea!! Or have one side be originals and the others be covers.

monkeyboy16

I don’t understand why some people think she wasn’t allowed to make a Christmas album with Sony? I remember Carrie saying in an interview many years ago that she wouldn’t feel comfortable doing a Christmas album so early in a her career and wants to be more established...anyone else recall that? I think she just felt like now is the right time being 15 years into her career

I don’t understand why some people think she wasn’t allowed to make a Christmas album with Sony? I remember Carrie saying in an interview many years ago that she wouldn’t feel comfortable doing a Christmas album so early in a her career and wants to be more established...anyone else recall that? I think she just felt like now is the right time being 15 years into her career

No one obviously knows for sure, but she has kind of hinted at contractually being a bit more “stuck” so to speak with Sony. I mean, in terms of single choices at least. And then, we don’t know if this is accurate but Carrie supposedly said in a meet and greet at the end of last year that she wanted to do a Christmas album but she couldn’t because of her label at the time, but one would be coming in the future. That seems a little too believable to be made up especially with she just announcing it. Regardless, this is a great year to do a Christmas album.

FanSince04

Most likely not going to happen, but I’d love for her to sing a duet of “Noel” by Lauren Daigle and Chris Tomlin. Also, would be nice for her and Faith Hill to sing a cover of “Where Are You Christmas?”... it’s a beautiful song. I’d also like “Let It Snow” and “Silent Night”.

CU4ever

Several months ago a fan who met her at a meet&greet claimed she said that SN wouldn't let her make one and that she was going to be doing so the next Christmas (2020). Fast forward to 2020 and this rumor appears to be true as she is making one as soon as the tour/CP era was over. So this kind of supports the SN wouldn't let her rumor/theory

CU4ever

Most likely not going to happen, but I’d love for her to sing a duet of “Noel” by Lauren Daigle and Chris Tomlin. Also, would be nice for her and Faith Hill to sing a cover of “Where Are You Christmas?”... it’s a beautiful song. I’d also like “Let It Snow” and “Silent Night”.

Doesn't Faith not like Carrie? Lol. Anyway, I'm definitely here for Silent Night. I say it's a must have, especially with Carrie's voice. I do agree, a duet of some sort would be really nice.

simonplay

No one obviously knows for sure, but she has kind of hinted at contractually being a bit more “stuck” so to speak with Sony. I mean, in terms of single choices at least. And then, we don’t know if this is accurate but Carrie supposedly said in a meet and greet at the end of last year that she wanted to do a Christmas album but she couldn’t because of her label at the time, but one would be coming in the future. That seems a little too believable to be made up especially with she just announcing it. Regardless, this is a great year to do a Christmas album.

Source? I never heard of that!

I don't think Carrie would say that at all publicly..

Source? I never heard of that!

I don't think Carrie would say that at all publicly..

“At the meet and greet in Atlanta #carrieunderwood was asked about her doing a Christmas album. She said that there was one she had planned to do in the past but her label at the time prevented it from happening but that one would be coming in the future but gave no timeline."

CU4ever probably knows the user who posted that initially but it was on twitter. I mean we aren’t sure entirely but it could make sense for sure.