Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

My Gift dropred to #7, with 57,000 units and up 21% from last week (369,000 total).

It's the #1 holiday album of the year. Both in SPS (followed by Michael Buble), and in pure sales (followed by Dolly's 'A Holly Dolly Christmas').

There also a chance to be the No.1 COUNTRY album in pure sales this year, if it passes Kenny Chesney.

Thanks! Do you or anybody else remember how many units Cry Pretty had sold approximately when it was certified gold?

Zman312

My Gift dropred to #7, with 57,000 units and up 21% from last week (369,000 total).

It's the #1 holiday album of the year. Both in SPS (followed by Michael Buble), and in pure sales (followed by Dolly's 'A Holly Dolly Christmas').

There also a chance to be the No.1 COUNTRY album in pure sales this year, if it passes Kenny Chesney.

Nice!!! I am so happy that she retained the best Christmas album this year. (Where are you getting these informations from?)

maddkat

Staff member

thanks, where is this information from?

tgbrinker

2021 better be the year UMG gets their act together with streaming. Carrie could have held the top Christmas album each week if there was better placement throughout Spotify and Apple Music.

Anytime I looked, I had to scroll endlessly to see one, maybe two My Gift songs on various promoted playlists.

gagacasanova

Global 200
#114 Favorite Time of Year
#126 Hallelujah

Hot 100
#54 Hallelujah
#62 Favorite Time of Year
#94 Silent Night

Holiday 100
#39 Hallelujah

Hot Country Songs
#3 Hallelujah
#5 Favorite Time of Year
#18 Silent Night
#44 Little Drummer Boy

Country Airplay
#41 Little Drummer Boy
#57 Hallelujah

Hot Christian Songs
#5 Little Drummer Boy
#11 O Holy Night
#14 Mary Did You Know
#16 Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee
#18 Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
#19 O Come All Ye Faithful
#21 Let There Be Peace
#24 Away in a Manger
#26 Sweet Baby Jesus

tgbrinker

Looks like Carrie’s #1, #2, and #3 again on Hot Christian Songs again this week with Hallelujah, FTOY, and SN : )

clh_hilary

Thanks! Do you or anybody else remember how many units Cry Pretty had sold approximately when it was certified gold?

I don't remember that but you can't compare a Christmas album to a studio album.

A studio album has actual singles to help with its certification, and the excess shipments are likely to be higher while a Christmas album would reasonably not have as many orders from stores even as its sales increases as Christmas Day draws nearer.

We also have to remember that we're still in the midst of a pandemic that closes many physical locations.

Josh

See, even the Christmas charts/fans hated LTBP.

I hope it's the biggest or among the biggest Christmas albums of the decade. But fans NEED to focus more on streaming as well.

Bookgirl36

See, even the Christmas charts/fans hated LTBP.

I hope it's the biggest or among the biggest Christmas albums of the decade. But fans NEED to focus more on streaming as well.

I don’t think I agree that the fans completely hated Let There be Peace when there are probably quite a few fans like myself that loved the song and still do. I just don’t think people hated Let there be peace as much as your comment seems to let on.

jptexas

I'm not sure the Holiday iTunes charts are particularly relevant for another 10 months, but cool I guess?

Yea, I don’t think any Christmas related song or album will be relevant 5 months from now but I thought My Gift’s position on iTunes after the new year would be interesting. In 10 months, maybe.

adam1995

Yea, I don’t think any Christmas related song or album will be relevant 5 months from now but I thought My Gift’s position on iTunes after the new year would be interesting. In 10 months, maybe.

I mean if it's #1 on the Holiday iTunes, that's not too impressive, if it's #1 on the regular iTunes, then that's mighty impressive.

jptexas

I get what both of you are saying, just an FYI post. If MG is at the top, that’s more impressive than if it tumbled to # 50.

adam1995

I get what both of you are saying, just an FYI post. If MG is at the top, that’s more impressive than if it tumbled to # 50.

But is it at the top of the holiday chart or the regular chart? Because if it's #1 on the holiday chart that's not surprising considering it is the top holiday release this year.

jptexas

But is it at the top of the holiday chart or the regular chart? Because if it's #1 on the holiday chart that's not surprising considering it is the top holiday release this year.

I’ve always wanted to know, Adam1995, is that your birthday, graduation year, or something entirely different? Don’t answer if you don’t want to.

Zach1998

Just thought I’d give a little update lol. My gift dropped to 28 on the 200 chart on this weeks BB 200 (which is not a bad fall at all), I looked at estimations on other albums in that range and what they were selling weekly and it was around 20,000-25,000 units. So My Gift is around 400,000 units. It probably will fall off the chart on next weeks chart, but that isn’t a bad fall considering it is mostly post season sales.

monkeyboy16

I’m surprised there hasn’t been an official press release about the success of the album? Idk I was sorta expecting something like that