Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Savior (Christian album)

jaymiee

Not going to lie I wasn't expecting to like a gospel album but Carrie changed my mind!! Loving her voice and the instruments as well as the overall very country sound! Victory In Jesus is an early fav!

Also can we acknowledge how insane it is she is still #1 all genre with a gospel album with limited promo/no single?! This amazing!

FanSince04

seemed a little snarky to me. What's up with that that part about not losing too much sincerity and heart.... like what??

My interpretation of the comment was in regard to artists making classic songs their own. Through the producing and arrangements, the sincerity and heart of the original can be lost. I think each song is full of passion and comes across genuine! I believe that is what the critic is saying.

adam1995

seemed a little snarky to me. What's up with that that part about not losing too much sincerity and heart.... like what??

It seemed like a compliment. Like she balanced every element so well, that she didn't have to sacrifice sincerity for anything else. He must usually feel that when artists do these records there is a trade off, but that's not happening here.

oldyfan

Just purchased 4 more copies as gifts on iTunes for Easter! Perfect gift for those you don’t see often, to let them know that they are loved.

Last edited:

AdamJ

Thank you Carrie for the gift of My Savior album. My parents have not been able to attend church for a long time due to the Virus and they listened to the album from start to finish and told me they were so blessed by just listening to the old songs they grew up with and felt a sense of peace and happiness. They said that Carrie's vocals were outstanding and she sang the songs with conviction. They said they hope others enjoy the album and that it brings them as much peace and joy as it brought to them. The album could not have arrived at a better time. We will be watching Easter Sunday on Carrie's face book site and donating to Save The Children. Peace

nccountrygal

Well I just went to my local Target and My Savior is sold out. I checked another Target as well in my area and they are sold out too. I just ended up ordering the CD online.

heymc

Happy that she will clinch the #1 in album sales, country and gospel album. On a side note, I’m not sure how the label is going to increase Carrie’s presence on streaming platform. It seems like streaming is an important fraction in todays’s music climate. Does it also mean that the younger demo might not know who she is while her listener demos gets older over the years.

MSCarriefan

Beth Moore a widely known Christian/Baptist Evangelist and author tweeted about the album tonight.
https://twitter.com/bethmoorelpm/status/1377407975007027201?s=21

@BethMoorelpm
Can’t put into words what good this @carrieunderwood album does a woman of my years, raised in the church singing these songs down the pew from my grandmother & her Sunday school mates—all wearing hats—& my parents & all my wiggling, giggling, robustly singing brothers & sisters.

simonplay

Beth Moore a widely known Christian/Baptist Evangelist and author tweeted about the album tonight.

@BethMoorelpm
Can’t put into words what good this @carrieunderwood album does a woman of my years, raised in the church singing these songs down the pew from my grandmother & her Sunday school mates—all wearing hats—& my parents & all my wiggling, giggling, robustly singing brothers & sisters.

I can see now how this album is selling so well reading the comments on that twit! Looks like there was a big audience waiting for this old hymns! People like Carrie that would love for this songs to still be sung in church, not just modern christian songs.

countryfan2006

Ex2OpR9XIAEqUOm
Carrie's twitter page.

mbh

@BethMoorelpm

So amazing!!! We need more tweets like this ... worship leaders should take advantage of the "buzz" going on of this "My Savior" album to bring people's hearts closer to God specially during this time of COVID-19 Pandemic. "My Savior" album is an incredibly powerful renditions of all the songs in the album. I am blown away.

lilangel

Still at #1 at ITunes in the US and climbed back to #2 in Canada. Glad it’s holding on strong on ITunes!