Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Savior (Christian album)

Suellen

I was ready to cancel my HBO Max, but I didn’t, because I’m hoping Carrie will do another Special for My Savior.

adam1995

I wonder what the sales will be like

Even the almighty Whitney Houston moved only 5 million copies back in the 1990s (the record for Christian albums worldwide), in between 7-digit sellers.

Well, I think we know it won't be 5,000,000, lol!

Farawayhills

Yes, but what does that actually mean?

In recording terms, it tends to mean drawing from an artist's back catalogue - often in new arrangements or interpretations, rather than a straight reissue. (For example, Willie Nelson's "Always on My Mind" was recast as a duet with Carrie as part of a release on the Sony Group's Legacy label)

If that was the meaning here, it could imply a recasting as a duet of one of the songs on Reba's album "Sing It Now: Songs of Faith & Hope". This was a two disc set of 20 tracks, involving a mixture of traditional hymns and newly written ones.

However, that album was only issued in 2017, which strikes me as a bit recent for a legacy project to be derived from it - so it's possible something else was meant. (I think we should bear in mind that the project was only mentioned almost "off the cuff", as a brief reply in an interview, and may not have been meant in any particular literal sense)

carriethequeen

I just cannot stop thinking about this album!! I am so excited this is happening NOW and not in another 5-10 years when I thought it might happen. I am SO excited to see what hymns make the tracklist and if it's strictly hymns or some originals too (knowing Carrie I'm thinking there's a strong chance of 1-3 originals)

As per the Reba duet, the fact that Carrie called it a legacy project and Johnny Cash's son posted the picture of them in the studio, isn't that the biggest sign ever to some type of Johnny Cash compilation album or project?! Reba and Carrie covering a Johnny Cash song sounds iconic, but if it somehow is for My Savior, that would be wonderful too.

DaisyTweets

I just cannot stop thinking about this album!! I am so excited this is happening NOW and not in another 5-10 years when I thought it might happen. I am SO excited to see what hymns make the tracklist and if it's strictly hymns or some originals too (knowing Carrie I'm thinking there's a strong chance of 1-3 originals)

As per the Reba duet, the fact that Carrie called it a legacy project and Johnny Cash's son posted the picture of them in the studio, isn't that the biggest sign ever to some type of Johnny Cash compilation album or project?! Reba and Carrie covering a Johnny Cash song sounds iconic, but if it somehow is for My Savior, that would be wonderful too.
You better be careful because you're being to logical here!!!!!!

Bookgirl36

I was ready to cancel my HBO Max, but I didn’t, because I’m hoping Carrie will do another Special for My Savior.

This is just my opinion so you can take it for what it is,but I personally don’t see her doing a TV special for My Savior. I don’t get how she could make My Savior into a TV special when I doubt she plans to do a special like she did for My Gift.

adam1995

While she easily can do a special for MS, I don't think she will. Gospel albums aren't as popular as Christmas albums, so I doubt there will be a special that likely wouldn't be as popular. Could be wrong, but I'd be surprised, unless they truly tie it in as an Easter special.

MSCarriefan

^she could do a special on tv around Easter from somewhere like the Ryman. I could definitely see her doing one especially not being able to tour to promote.

adam1995

^she could do a special on tv around Easter from somewhere like the Ryman. I could definitely see her doing one especially not being able to tour to promote.

She could easily do that as I said, I just don't see it. Compare how many Christmas specials there are a year vs. Easter specials.

simonplay

Well, she said she was 3 weeks in LA, that seems enough time to film two specials.. lol with Carrie you never know!

Bookgirl36

She could easily do that as I said, I just don't see it. Compare how many Christmas specials there are a year vs. Easter specials.

That’s the point I was trying to make is that I just don’t see her doing a special for My Savior. There are always tons of Christmas specials each year but there are never Easter specials because they’re just not as popular. As much as we would all like her to do another special for this album, I just don’t see that happening. So I think you and I are on the same page with that.

There have been Easter music specials, so it is not that there have never been any before. However, they seem to be streamed on YouTube by choirs and such. I would mainly envision some type of streamed show from the Ryman or somewhere along those lines like mentioned earlier if she did hypothetically do a show.

adam1995

There have been Easter music specials, so it is not that there have never been any before. However, they seem to be streamed on YouTube by choirs and such. I would mainly envision some type of streamed show from the Ryman or somewhere along those lines like mentioned earlier if she did hypothetically do a show.

Again it's not that there aren't Easter specials, there are just very few, so the chances she does a special would likely be much lower than a Christmas special. I'm not trying to rain on people's parades, just stating an obvious.

pkslongbeach

Depending on what the nation looks like during the easter season, I could see her team feeling like people are still at home looking for some inspiration. And she could do an easter show that includes but is not completely the MS material. It could happen. And be very popular if it were on national TV. If it were on an exclusive streaming site I doubt it would do much.

Again it's not that there aren't Easter specials, there are just very few, so the chances she does a special would likely be much lower than a Christmas special. I'm not trying to rain on people's parades, just stating an obvious.

I agree with you that it probably won't happen. I just don't think people should say "there are never Easter specials" as justification for why she wouldn't do one because that isn't necessarily true. I personally doubt it'll happen because of doing a Christmas special just months before. I would be content with an Opry show on YouTube, lol.

adam1995

I agree with you that it probably won't happen. I just don't think people should say "there are never Easter specials" as justification for why she wouldn't do one because that isn't necessarily true. I personally doubt it'll happen because of doing a Christmas special just months before. I would be content with an Opry show on YouTube, lol.

I don't know who said there are never Easter specials, I know I didn't (I looked back at my posts to make sure I hadn't by accident, lol). I don't think anyone did, my point is just that there are noticeably fewer "Easter specials" compared to Christmas, leading me to like there is a smaller chance there'd be one. Plus, your point about her just doing one as a likely reason there may not be another one makes sense.

Anyway, I wonder when we'll get the tracklist and cover? Also, I wonder how long this will stay at #1 on the Christian album chart, and if it can score a #1 on Country? Carrie has a chance at being the #1 Christian artist this year, what with two #1 songs and a #1 album already and likely more to come.