Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Carrie blog [3-22]

carriecountrystar

Who performed at the most recent Grammys? Miranda did. Who has won more awards at the most recent country award shows? Miranda. She won female and album of the year---not Carrie and Play On. Miranda was nominated for 9 CMA Awards the most by any artist. She also won video of the year,single of the year,etc at a few award shows. Carrie did not i believe. Now at the 2011 ACM's Miranda is up for Entertainer of the year,female,single,song and two videos of the year. This is simply Miranda's time and now she is recording another album.

PO sales is around 1.6 million i believe and Revolution is around 1.2 million give and take a hundred thousand or whatever. Over the past year Miranda and Carrie is even with sales or Miranda a little more i believe.

Right now, Miranda is the hot ticket but on a lease basis----dont worry Carrie will take it back once her new album comes out and tour.

yeah I get what you mean with all the awards and hype miranda has had lately. miranda has been quite the "star in the show".
Carrie, however has topped her with all that she has accomplished this year (carrie still tops all the sales single and album wise -I think Play On has sold 1.8 million...) and is MOST deserving all the awards that she's been shamefully pushed aside in the interest of miranda who hasn't even reached the level yet.

mlawlor

Wow...somehow totally did not read this threat until now, lol!

Really cute blog! I find it amazing how many things Carrie talked about in her life that I can totally relate to (although when I listen to NHL games, It's not Nashville games :))

I can totally see Carrie coming back to the front of the country scene when the first single of the next album comes out.
As for the cross over discussion, obviously Carrie is totally comfortable within the country scene. I think a lot of mainstream country radio now is also slightly on the fence with crossover artists. In my opinion, the big draw for country radio now seems to be not those country artists who venture into the pop world, but those pop artists who venture into the country world. I listen to the country radio station here every morning, and have heard the Kelly Clarkson/Jason Aldean song more times than anyother song on the rotation. I'm sure the pop world is not playing the song, but bringing pop/rock artists into country is definitely a way to succeed.

JB172

Here is the thing: Carrie's sales have only been decreasing from album to album. We have to face this reality and understand this is typical for the music industry and at some point carrie will hit her bottom (AKA true market value). I think she knows this and why the 4th album will have to be phenomenal. Also, with Miranda finally breaking through BIG Carrie will need to retake the crown b/c right now Miranda has it. Frankly, Miranda is great but Carrie is the better talent and more attactive so its time for Carrie to be 1 and Miranda 2 or maybe 1B. Saying this, i cant explain how happy i am that we have two woman like Carrie and Miranda dominating country music.

At some point though, like other country artists have done in the past, Carrie will need to "poke" at the mainstream audience once again and do a collaboration or something comparable.

Times are very tight and i would like to see Carries team be hawkish but not desperate like someone stated earlier. I agree with not being desperate. Everyone knows a certain young someone is desperate but Carrie is far from it.

Comparing album sales now to the past is just pointless.

Carrie's album sales are WAY above average when you compare her with other aritst in any genre of music and are really WAY above average when you compare her to others in the country genre.

As others have already told you several times the market for album sales is down for almost everyone and if you throw in Carrie's great single sales along with her above average album sales she is doing just fine.

Carrieflattsfan

Here is the thing: Carrie's sales have only been decreasing from album to album. We have to face this reality and understand this is typical for the music industry and at some point carrie will hit her bottom (AKA true market value). I think she knows this and why the 4th album will have to be phenomenal. Also, with Miranda finally breaking through BIG Carrie will need to retake the crown b/c right now Miranda has it. Frankly, Miranda is great but Carrie is the better talent and more attactive so its time for Carrie to be 1 and Miranda 2 or maybe 1B. Saying this, i cant explain how happy i am that we have two woman like Carrie and Miranda dominating country music.

At some point though, like other country artists have done in the past, Carrie will need to "poke" at the mainstream audience once again and do a collaboration or something comparable.
I have so many issues with your post. First of all, Carrie has proven that her success is NOT based on how many albums she sells, how many arenas she fills, or anything of that sort. Anyone who has followed Carrie's career from Idol knows that she is incredibly passionate about she does, and she truly has a goal to touch people through her music. If she cared about sales/buzz alone, I don't believe she'd record all the meaningful music she does, whether it be "Jesus, Take The Wheel," "Wasted," "Don't Forget To Remember Me," "Temporary Home," "What Can I Say," "So Small" and so many others.

Second, Carrie has made it clear from the start of her career that she ONLY has the desire to be a country artist. She cares about its roots, and she does a great job of spreading her love of the genre to all types of people in the country music community. If Carrie was interested in pop success, she'd remix her music and have it played on pop radio. Simple as that.
Even if Carrie had another huge song that naturally crossed over like BHC, realistically she probably wouldn't gain that many fans from the pop audience anyway. The only reason Taylor has huge pop sales is because she's constantly on their radios with a pop remix of every single song she releases. Carrie doesn't want to do that, but that doesn't mean she can't be noticed by a wider audience.

Of course Carrie's album sales have declined; every artist goes through that. She still does remarkably well, and has had three multi-platinum albums & great digital sales. She;s the biggest female in country music, and it's not because any part of her career is suffering.

Carrie has shown remarkable personal growth through each of her three albums, and each showcases something different. Carrie is a smart young woman, and she has spoken out many times and said she doesn't want to become complacent and be stuck in the same rut. She's lived up to that promise with albums & tours, so what is there to worry about?

Frankly, I'm sick of your negativity. Everything you post is about how Carrie isn't successful enough, or she needs to be huge or something. Success isn't about that, and it doesn't matter to Carrie. We should respect that and let her be who she is. Everything else will fall into place.