Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Carrie blog [3-22]

jeff

just another fan
Has Carrie ever acted like this before while working on the previous album? I mean as far as wanting the other albums to be special or anything? It just seems like she's really determined to make this next album all that it can be. And, I cannot wait.

i thought that's what she said about Play On.

epicamends

i thought that's what she said about Play On.

There's just something about the way she's talking about and thinking about the next album that just seems different for some reason. All of her albums are like her own babies, but this one will be her first album as a married woman. What with all of her comments about wanting to take as much time on it as possible, not rush anything, make it extra special, etc. It seems like she's striving to not only make an album that she loves and is proud of, but the best one yet of her career. I, for one, am very excited. :)

Zman312

For album #4 I want Carrie to have songs that she wrote plus the BEST songs available (SWISLY, type of songs)!!!
We know that Carrie will have many co-write in this album. I just hope that they don't pick all co-writes...

With that said, I want the first single to be a hard country rock song!!! Those are the best to get the album rolling but Isee them going with a soft ballad... I also want POWER BALLADS...If you got themm then use it!!! I want album #4 to be a mix of SH, CR and PO...

I have been dreaming about distant lullaby..sounds so angelic, I also want hear "Can you inspire an Angel"!!!

But I want an HARD CORE ROCK SONG!!!

Claire2004

For album #4 I want Carrie to have songs that she wrote plus the BEST songs available (SWISLY, type of songs)!!!
We know that Carrie will have many co-write in this album. I just hope that they don't pick all co-writes...

With that said, I want the first single to be a hard country rock song!!! Those are the best to get the album rolling but Isee them going with a soft ballad... I also want POWER BALLADS...If you got themm then use it!!! I want album #4 to be a mix of SH, CR and PO...

I have been dreaming about distant lullaby..sounds so angelic, I also want hear "Can you inspire an Angel"!!!

But I want an HARD CORE ROCK SONG!!!

I want Oklahoma Wind!!!! :)
But only if it will fit in with the theme of the album that she wants to express :)

Ty

Obviously she cared and put a lot of work into the previous album it just sounds like there is a different approach to this next one.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
There's just something about the way she's talking about and thinking about the next album that just seems different for some reason. All of her albums are like her own babies, but this one will be her first album as a married woman. What with all of her comments about wanting to take as much time on it as possible, not rush anything, make it extra special, etc. It seems like she's striving to not only make an album that she loves and is proud of, but the best one yet of her career. I, for one, am very excited. :)

I think the difference is in the priorities. I think that with all the others, Carrie and the label went into it with at least a ballpark release target date and that in part drove the process. Then the process was to do a lot of writing and listening to submitted songs with in the expected timeline for releasing the album. From that she would select what she thought was the best out of that process. And then they would start recording, etc.

This time, I think she is going into the process differently. They may have a desired release date, but it is not driving the process. I think Carrie's goal is to make every song this new album special however long that takes.

epicamends

I think the difference is in the priorities. I think that with all the others, Carrie and the label went into it with at least a ballpark release target date and that in part drove the process. Then the process was to do a lot of writing and listening to submitted songs with in the expected timeline for releasing the album. From that she would select what she thought was the best out of that process. And then they would start recording, etc.

This time, I think she is going into the process differently. They may have a desired release date, but it is not driving the process. I think Carrie's goal is to make every song this new album special however long that takes.

Ironically, I think all the award show snubbing has just taken a lot of pressure off Carrie. So now, like you said, her priorities have changed. She's less interested in when the album will be released, but moreso making sure that the songs on the album are the best they can possibly be. Like you said, however long that takes.

But I sure am glad she added in the part about it probably not being TOO long. :haha:

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Ironically, I think all the award show snubbing has just taken a lot of pressure off Carrie. So now, like you said, her priorities have changed. She's less interested in when the album will be released, but moreso making sure that the songs on the album are the best they can possibly be. Like you said, however long that takes.

But I sure am glad she added in the part about it probably not being TOO long. :haha:

Actually I'm not sure how to read the "not too long" comment since that is a very subjective statement. It could mean that it will still come out this year. Or it could mean that it will not be really long like Shania.

teesharky

Carrie needs to dosomething other than the movie bc right now she is boring.....we need some type of music. She really needs to do a collaboration of some sort with a non country mainstream artist to get her name out there. Something. It would be a shame to waste a perfectly find summer with no music. I would like her team to have the motivation similar to how Taylors team is a bunch of hawks haha. Carrie needs hawkish management...........though on the other hand Carrie has been insanely successful with her management but a little more hawkish would be great.

I would love to see collaborate with Rihanna or someone big internationally outside of country music as that would get her much needed exposure overseas. More movies would rock too.

I hate Taylors management though As they are so over aggressive in your face that they make me want to vomit whenever I see her adds that say history in the making etc. Lol more like historically worst vocalist in history of country music. Lol

teesharky

Actually I'm not sure how to read the "not too long" comment since that is a very subjective statement. It could mean that it will still come out this year. Or it could mean that it will not be really long like Shania.

Lol true she could mean soon by Shania terms which would kill us all. Lol but I don't think Carrie would ever be that cruel.

epicamends

Carrie likes to tease us, but I don't think she'd be that mean. lol. I still think it will likely come out this fall. Early 2012 at the latest (but I still think the label will want to maximize Christmas sales, so they might put pressure on Carrie to finish the album sooner).

pklongbeach

I think in the last everal years we have seen young women of country have success with albums that are siganture material. TS has had great success with material that is intimately a part of who she is. Miranda has had success with material that is intimately about who she is.
I think Carrie see's that these women are making a statement with these albums and that the music represents them in an intimate way.
She may be ready to have that kind of an experience with an album. Following her insticts and tellng a story. Having rise and fall. Putting something down on tape that will live on to represent who she is as a person.
I think her previous albums have had to serve many purposes for many people.
And this time she may be looking for the opportunity to make something that is purely and simply her.
Like a Revolution or a Speak Now, I think Carrie is ready to make that album that is about her. Not about a system that is required to make money to be successful.
And for that I will wait as long as it takes.
I'm crossing my fingers.

epicamends

She may be ready to have that kind of an experience with an album. Following her insticts and tellng a story. Having rise and fall. Putting something down on tape that will live on to represent who she is as a person.
I think her previous albums have had to serve many purposes for many people.
And this time she may be looking for the opportunity to make something that is purely and simply her.

That's what I'm hoping for too. I noticed that in the promotion for PO, one of the things Carrie kept saying was that it was her most diverse album yet, and that there was something on there for everyone. For the next album, it'd be nice to see Carrie focus more on what SHE wants, rather than trying to please all the different types of people who love her music. After all, a great song is a great song no matter what kind of sound it is, so even if the album takes a more traditional approach or a more country approach, if the songs are great the pop-leaning fans will still love it.

12russ79

Well here's my two cents worth.... Wait ill make it my 4 cents worth because of inflation..... Carrie is a completly different person then she was 2 years ago. First off her growth onstage has been no less then phenominal.. So im sure artisticly she has grown also and she will have alot more life experiences that will mold the creative process... Finding her soulmate is the biggest difference in her life and that has to give her an incredible inner strength and confidence!! You can read it between the lines of her blog that we are in for something incredible and it will be her MAGUM OPUS and i also believe OKLAHOMA WIND was saved for this album because it belongs on Carries best album of her career!!! Man i cant wait!!!!!!!