Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Carrie blog [3-22]

carriecountrystar

I would love to see collaborate with Rihanna or someone big internationally outside of country music as that would get her much needed exposure overseas. More movies would rock too.

I hate Taylors management though As they are so over aggressive in your face that they make me want to vomit whenever I see her adds that say history in the making etc. Lol more like historically worst vocalist in history of country music. Lol

I would rather she collab with someone classy and well respected like beyonce who also has the power in voice and enough of a talent to sufficiently somewhat match that of carrie.

Claire2004

Well here's my two cents worth.... Wait ill make it my 4 cents worth because of inflation..... Carrie is a completly different person then she was 2 years ago. First off her growth onstage has been no less then phenominal.. So im sure artisticly she has grown also and she will have alot more life experiences that will mold the creative process... Finding her soulmate is the biggest difference in her life and that has to give her an incredible inner strength and confidence!! You can read it between the lines of her blog that we are in for something incredible and it will be her MAGUM OPUS and i also believe OKLAHOMA WIND was saved for this album because it belongs on Carries best album of her career!!! Man i cant wait!!!!!!!

I like your optimism regarding Oklahoma Wind, lol. I do hope she'll include it on the next album :):):).

broker03

Here is the thing: Carrie's sales have only been decreasing from album to album. We have to face this reality and understand this is typical for the music industry and at some point carrie will hit her bottom (AKA true market value). I think she knows this and why the 4th album will have to be phenomenal. Also, with Miranda finally breaking through BIG Carrie will need to retake the crown b/c right now Miranda has it. Frankly, Miranda is great but Carrie is the better talent and more attactive so its time for Carrie to be 1 and Miranda 2 or maybe 1B. Saying this, i cant explain how happy i am that we have two woman like Carrie and Miranda dominating country music.

At some point though, like other country artists have done in the past, Carrie will need to "poke" at the mainstream audience once again and do a collaboration or something comparable.

Times are very tight and i would like to see Carries team be hawkish but not desperate like someone stated earlier. I agree with not being desperate. Everyone knows a certain young someone is desperate but Carrie is far from it.

blondemama

Well here's my two cents worth.... Wait ill make it my 4 cents worth because of inflation..... Carrie is a completly different person then she was 2 years ago. First off her growth onstage has been no less then phenominal.. So im sure artisticly she has grown also and she will have alot more life experiences that will mold the creative process... Finding her soulmate is the biggest difference in her life and that has to give her an incredible inner strength and confidence!! You can read it between the lines of her blog that we are in for something incredible and it will be her MAGUM OPUS and i also believe OKLAHOMA WIND was saved for this album because it belongs on Carries best album of her career!!! Man i cant wait!!!!!!!

I hope you are right about OW. Carrie saying she wants to take the time to put out an album til she is ready so it is great telsl me we are in for one great record and I am willing to wait for greatness. I think she is not letting the label push her into a release date and finally taking control and that is a good thing. I am sure we will all be taken aback at how great this record is when it is released. Good for Carrie and as some of you have stated I too hope there is a collaboration with another big artist hope pop but would be too cool if it were somebody like Garth Brooks.

Ty

At some point though, like other country artists have done in the past, Carrie will need to "poke" at the mainstream audience once again and do a collaboration or something comparable.
No. She won't.

Carrie is not interested in being a popstar. The sooner you realize that the better.

Pi314CA

Here is the thing: Carrie's sales have only been decreasing from album to album. We have to face this reality and understand this is typical for the music industry and at some point carrie will hit her bottom (AKA true market value). I think she knows this and why the 4th album will have to be phenomenal. Also, with Miranda finally breaking through BIG Carrie will need to retake the crown b/c right now Miranda has it. Frankly, Miranda is great but Carrie is the better talent and more attactive so its time for Carrie to be 1 and Miranda 2 or maybe 1B. Saying this, i cant explain how happy i am that we have two woman like Carrie and Miranda dominating country music.

Times are very tight and i would like to see Carries team be hawkish but not desperate like someone stated earlier. I agree with not being desperate. Everyone knows a certain young someone is desperate but Carrie is far from it.

Album sales have been declining in general. Yet, Carrie's Play On reached 2x Platinum. How many country artists have achieved that in the past two years? Maybe 5?

Miranda's "crown" is temporary and partly obtained by politics. Miranda is not great, at least not by the chart and sales performance of the two follow up songs to THTBM. Miranda is good, very good, but not great. Perhaps after half a dozen more #1 hits and lots more Gold records.

Seems that some hold Carrie to a different standard than other artist, in that, she has to be this, or do that (e.g. be more traditional country, be more rock, be more focused, cater to the critically acclaimed crowd, etc.). I hardly hear that for other artists. While Carrie can put out a whole wide range of albums, I hope that she just follows her heart.

rosie08

Man do I feel better hearing something.. but you know ya'll if her album comes out in oct-nov that is very good christmas sales!! wahoo!!

bree

I sooo want Oklahoma Wind to make the album-such a beautiful song! I obviously want a new album ASAP, but I'm also fine with Carrie taking her time and making it absolutely amazing! I'm always so excited for new music but she's got such great music to keep us busy in the meantime :)

Kizmet311

I think in the last everal years we have seen young women of country have success with albums that are siganture material. TS has had great success with material that is intimately a part of who she is. Miranda has had success with material that is intimately about who she is.
I think Carrie see's that these women are making a statement with these albums and that the music represents them in an intimate way.
She may be ready to have that kind of an experience with an album. Following her insticts and tellng a story. Having rise and fall. Putting something down on tape that will live on to represent who she is as a person.
I think her previous albums have had to serve many purposes for many people.
And this time she may be looking for the opportunity to make something that is purely and simply her.
Like a Revolution or a Speak Now, I think Carrie is ready to make that album that is about her. Not about a system that is required to make money to be successful.
And for that I will wait as long as it takes.
I'm crossing my fingers.

I agree 100% with everything you said! I believe Carrie said in an interview (I think after PO was released and meaning for this next album) that she has been carrying around her little notebook and jotting down song idea when they come to her. I hope that she is going about her writing process in a more organic way using ideas like that that come up on a daily basis, instead of just let's get in a room and pick a random topic to write about. We already know that when she goes with her gut like that (or Mike's gut, lol) we get masterpieces like TH. Whether or not that song ever got the recognition it deserved, it was in my top 3 for songs from PO and I still hear it on the radio often. I can't wait to see what Carrie comes up with this next one and I really hope she takes her time to create that masterpiece and that the label gives her the freedom to do what she wants.

supercarriefan

Glad to see Carrie blogged.
Hopefully those of you that have been carrying on about her being on a break will now realize what myself and a few others having been saying for weeks about her not being on a break. She has officially said it herself that she is working hard.
As I've said many times in the past, I hope Carrie really does take her time to make a record that is the very best in every way possible. I want her to have a finished product that really speaks to who she is rather than what she thinks people want to hear. It sounds as though the record-making process will be a bit more relaxed, and not as deadline-driven as the last three albums...perhaps this will allow Carrie to really have time to write or seek out the best songs.
Plus, we as fans still have so much to look forward in the near future. Soul Surfer, Brad duet, Tony Bennett duet, Randy Travis duet, Opry appearances, ACM and Girls Night Out performances, and more!

teesharky

Very good post. Agree. Unfortunately, this is a business about making money too.... so it is in everyone's interests if one of her songs crossover. She doesn't have to be a Pop star like Taylor to have success. She can be more like Lady A, or how Carrie was with BHC.

Lady A may remix their songs (which I hate), but they are still "country" overall, or at least, country pop. They seem like nice people who genuinely love being country artists. Taylor, by contrast, seems to want just to be famous, and a pop star. So that is why I get so annoyed that she still calls herself country.

I love both Carrie and Miranda so I am fine and dandy with them both having great success. But I feel sad that Carrie has been slighted the last 2 years due to the dominance of Taylor, and then Miranda. I hope that this next album era puts Carrie right back on top where she belongs. Carrie and Miranda can proudly lead the females of this generation of country music. There is room for both, but I just hate seeing Carrie get slighted. I wish her label would do the right thing-- and promote Carrie for EOTY since she earned it, and ML for Album, song, single, etc. That would have been the right result this year. There was no need to slight one to support the other. They could and should have supported both.

Mirasa45A

"Retake the crown" ? I thought it never changed hands --In my opinion, Carrie is still the queen of country music.

carriecountrystar

^ I think maybe what the poser mean by "crowns" is like about awards that has been usurp by miranda like FV and possibly EOTY.
carrie is no longer reigning FV as miranda is now the CMA and ACM female vocalist.

I'm ready to see carrie take the title back too. going to take long time coming though.
Carrie should have gotten the last two FV awards as she was (and still is) most deserving having done most for country music during those periods. if reba were given the honor 7 times-how much more should carrie as carrie truly has one of the best vocals out there. Reba deserved every win for what she has done for country and carrie is still going strong and doing the same for country music (during the eligibility period especially)-she should AT LEAST be recognized a few more times if she still continues to dominate like she's been dominating the last 6 years!

Last edited:

broker03

No. She won't.

Carrie is not interested in being a popstar. The sooner you realize that the better.

Who is talking about Carrie trying to be a pop star? Im not. But Tim McGraw did a collaboration with rapper Nelly,Rascal Flatts with Bieber,etc doesnt mean Tim and Rascal trying to become "pop stars" or anything short of losing their credibility as country artists so why cant Carrie do this without losing her credibility as a devout country artist?

Mixing music to fit the pop charts is a good definition of trying to become a popstar but a collaboration is NOT. Thanks for your kinds words though!:p

A few more points here:

1. Carrie is still in her 20's--late 20's so time to do something is right now. Her sales are also decreasing so a collaboration will kindly remind folks how talented and relevant Carrie is. Frankly, i think not doing this or something similar would be a disservice and a missed opportunity for Carrie. Remember, Carrie won american idol and many many pop fans voted Carrie to the top.

2. Reba did a duet with Justin Timberlake and Kelly Clarkson and Reba kept her country credibility. Reba is more country than all of us put together. Hell, Reba's current single is a cover of a Beyonce song i believe. I love it.

broker03

"Retake the crown" ? I thought it never changed hands --In my opinion, Carrie is still the queen of country music.

Well to me she is too but look over the past year or so with media attention,awards,sales,etc.....Miranda has outshined Carrie to be honest with you but this is okay b/c when you look at history every female artist goes through this. I almost think this is done on purpose to give each female their time to shine and be on top. Happened over time with Dolly,Reba,Faith,Shania and cough cough even Gretchen Wilson.

Saying this, there is no doubt in my mind collectively and overall Carrie is the present day queen of country music........right this second Miranda has temporarily took the crown (Think of it as a lease haha)

Ty

I'm sorry but it's just a ridiculous notion. Carrie is not hurting for success. If she never gets played on Pop radio again she'll still be just fine.

I seriously don't understand why Carrie fans care so much about crossover success.

carriecountrystar

Well to me she is too but look over the past year or so with media attention,awards,sales,etc.....Miranda has outshined Carrie to be honest with you but this is okay b/c when you look at history every female artist goes through this. I almost think this is done on purpose to give each female their time to shine and be on top. Happened over time with Dolly,Reba,Faith,Shania and cough cough even Gretchen Wilson.

Saying this, there is no doubt in my mind collectively and overall Carrie is the present day queen of country music........right this second Miranda has temporarily took the crown (Think of it as a lease haha)

in what way has miranda "outshined" carrie? carrie has still sold a good more than half a million than miranda. 2 platinum singles and another certified gold. ALL of carrie's singles has had great success with THREE #1 and 1 #2. how many does miranda have? her first single hardly even charted top 30! and even though the label tries to shove miranda down our throats by overexposing her-the public/media doesn't seem all that interested. I hardly hear of miranda while even the news of her carrie's husband getting traded is like HUGE news to everybody-even people that aren't fans know.

miranda has only taken the reigning at awards shows because of clear manipulation by label to oversaturate her so as to make her more popular but that by no means "outshines" carrie. carrie's own music and success speak loads of her credentials as well as all the standing ovations she gets.

broker03

in what way has miranda "outshined" carrie? carrie has still sold a good more than half a million than miranda. 2 platinum singles and another certified gold. ALL of carrie's singles has had great success with THREE #1 and 1 #2. how many does miranda have? her first single hardly even charted top 30! and even though the label tries to shove miranda down our throats by overexposing her-the public/media doesn't seem all that interested. I hardly hear of miranda while even the news of her carrie's husband getting traded is like HUGE news to everybody-even people that aren't fans know.

miranda has only taken the reigning at awards shows because of clear manipulation by label to oversaturate her so as to make her more popular but that by no means "outshines" carrie. carrie's own music and success speak loads of her credentials as well as all the standing ovations she gets.

Who performed at the most recent Grammys? Miranda did. Who has won more awards at the most recent country award shows? Miranda. She won female and album of the year---not Carrie and Play On. Miranda was nominated for 9 CMA Awards the most by any artist. She also won video of the year,single of the year,etc at a few award shows. Carrie did not i believe. Now at the 2011 ACM's Miranda is up for Entertainer of the year,female,single,song and two videos of the year. This is simply Miranda's time and now she is recording another album.

PO sales is around 1.6 million i believe and Revolution is around 1.2 million give and take a hundred thousand or whatever. Over the past year Miranda and Carrie is even with sales or Miranda a little more i believe.

Right now, Miranda is the hot ticket but on a lease basis----dont worry Carrie will take it back once her new album comes out and tour.

Carrieflattsfan

I'm sorry but it's just a ridiculous notion. Carrie is not hurting for success. If she never gets played on Pop radio again she'll still be just fine.

I don't understand why Carrie fans care so much about crossover success.

I agree 100%. Part of the reason why I'm such a huge Carrie fan is because Carrie only cares about being a country artist. It is any artists goal to gain new fans, but I truly believe Carrie has proven that she doesn't need the popularity or crossover success to be secure with herself or her career.
Consider the way she has advocated for country music through Opry membership, countless Opry appearances and choosing to duet with Randy, Dolly, Loretta & Vince instead of pop stars. Carrie is constantly thanking the country music community for accepting her, even when she may have felt alienated & discouraged after people doubted her love for country music because she won Idol.
She is one of the few artists who knows (and loves) the history of country music, and is very passionate about spreading that love of country music to other people.
I think Carrie has consistently shown she has a deep love for the country music of past & present, and she is very passionate about spreading that love HER way. Not through crossover success, but performances on the Opry & performing with country music legends to expose to a younger audience.
Carrie takes a unique, fresh approach to spreading her love of country music, and I respect her so much more for doing it in a somewhat unconventional way- instead of remixes & re-releases, she uses her own genuine LOVE of country music to spread awareness of the genre.
We know Carrie has always had pressure to conform into a pop artist, even after she made her convictions clear from the start & that's what her fans wanted. The fact that Carrie advocates for country music so strongly AND continues to remain true to her own convictions, even with pressure to conform to get higher sales like Lady A & Taylor, she is still one of the most respected artists in all genres.
I believe a huge part of the reason why Carrie is able to be so successful is because her fans know who she is & we respect her so much more for not being afraid of her true artistic identity. [/COLOR]

Part of being a great artist is being able to still be successful & be in the forefront of people's minds, even if someone is having a moment in the spotlight during that time. If there's anything I've learned over Carrie's "breaks" between albums, it's that she is not only remembered, but her artistic mark seems to felt by more people everyday.
She's not touring or promoting an album right now, but she was still asked to perform with Tony Bennete & Brad Paisley, chosen as the first global Olay ambassador, and I could go on.
Look at the way "Cowboy Casanova" exploded on the charts & fans were so anxious it was released early, and became her fastest-climbing single. Fans were starved for new Carrie music by the time PO came it, and that managed to make her success even sweeter. When people are asking "where is Carrie Underwood?" it means they haven't heard from her, and she is an important enough artist to be on the forefront of people's minds, even when she's not active in the public.
Carrie has proven over and over she's not going anywhere, no matter what happens. Any artist who receives the comments she does from such a diverse legendary pack of artists isn't a disposable flash-in-the-pan who needs to worry about who she is.
People thought TH & MS wouldn't do well, yet the response to the videos and songs were arguably more impactful than the two biggest charting songs (CC & IU.) The point? Even when Carrie's OWN FANS doubt the kind of success she'll have with something she believes in, she still comes out on top. When critics call her too pop, she turns around and performs a pitch-perfect cover that makes those critics stand up and take notice of her. When people say she's stiff & robotic, she puts on a huge stage production & writes her own songs that she pours her heart and soul into and they become chart-topping hits, that make MORE people believe in her ability.

She is classy, beautiful, artistic & has done countless things to outright PROVE EVERYONE WRONG THAT DOUBTS HER, whether it be through different styles of music, different stage production, live performances, duets, compliments from legends and so on. Everything Carrie does leaves a mark in the hearts of millions, and I have absolutely no doubt she knows who she wants to be, and how it needs to be done.

Miranda may have the bigger sales, but Carrie is the one who has solidified her place in the hearts of country fans & THAT makes her a million times more successful, in my mind. Carrie has the talent to keep people remembering her, even when someone else has the spotlight. It took Miranda ten years to even get a record deal & six years to get her first number one song. The follow-up singles didn't do well, and are putting Miranda on shaky ground, even though she's won the awards & gotten critical acclaim.
Success isn't about sales, but impact & longevity. Carrie has that & more. Miranda does not, and her "success" coupled with the fact the industry is shoving her down our throats says more to me than anything.
With all due respect to Miranda, she's NOT a big enough success story for the fans/public to love her the way they love and support Carrie. When she is close to getting there, I'll reconsider position in country music, but right now nothing has changed.