Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Shows Fall 2015 - What are you watching?

Kizmet311

Just thought we could have a general thread to talk about the new shows this fall. I would like to hear what others are watching and liking. Sometimes, with a 3 year old I get behind on tv, but I record all the new shows I think I'll like on the DVR and try to catch up when I can. So far my husband and I have watched Limitless, Quantico, and Fresh Off the Boat.

We liked the movie Limitless and we liked the pilot of the new show. The main guy was in a new comedy last fall although I can't remember the name of it. We watched him on that too. We will continue to watch this one and I hope Bradley Cooper continues to make some guest appearances. I'm sure they are using him as a guest star to pull in audiences.

We LOVED Quantico. We just watched it last night. Very intriguing and exactly the kind of show my husband likes. I'm a person who normally likes some comedic relief with my action, but I still liked both of these shows. I like some movies that my husband likes such as the Bourne movies, the new Jame Bond movies with Daniel Craig, etc. I was also glad to see Josh Hopkins from Cougar Town (and from KY!) on Quantico, but I don't think I'm going to like his character, lol. I also recognized the lady that was playing the assistant director of the FBI academy, but can't recall where I've seen her. I'll have to look her up.

As for Fresh Off the Boat, we attempted to watch it. I'm not sure we even made it halfway through the 30 minute show. It just wasn't our kind of humor. Maybe someone found it funny, but it wasn't us, lol.

I don't think we've watched any other new shows yet. We've watched the premieres of our favorite returning shows such as Big Bang Theory, Castle, Scorpion, and Mysteries of Laura so far. My husband watched Minority Report, but I didn't watch it with him. I don't think he liked it that well, so not sure if he'll continue to watch it. He has also been watching Bosch - it's an Amazon Prime show and he seems to like it.

maddkat

Staff member
I watched Minority Report last week, wasn't all that impressed either.Seemed like they just made it another cops and robbers show.I also watched Limitless last night.Had zero clue what was going on, but it wasn't bad and if I remember I might watch again.

Haven't watched any others. Quantico promos turned me off of that one. Looks like an FBI soap opera.

Looking forward to Bones return on Thursday.

Kizmet311

I watched Minority Report last week, wasn't all that impressed either.Seemed like they just made it another cops and robbers show.I also watched Limitless last night.Had zero clue what was going on, but it wasn't bad and if I remember I might watch again.

Haven't watched any others. Quantico promos turned me off of that one. Looks like an FBI soap opera.

Looking forward to Bones return on Thursday.

Have you seen the movie Limitless? It might help you understand the show a little better.

Quantico turns out to be a big conspiracy theory. It wasn't too soapy in the pilot, although I can see where you could see that if you only saw certain clips. Once you get past the initial "get to know them" clips of the new recruits, it becomes all about the conspiracy. There were a lot of flashbacks from present day to the time in the training academy, so you have to stay on your toes to keep up. My husband and I liked it much better than Limitless. I think it's already his favorite new show. His other favorite shows are Blacklist, all things NCIS and we both love Castle and Scorpion.

My husband watches Bones more than I do, but he doesn't stay up on it regularly. I like it because there is a small amount of comedic relief - like Castle and the Mentalist. Castle has been amazing so far in the two shows this season. The premiere was as cliffhanger, but both shows have set up a huge conspiracy for Beckett to investigate this season. I caught on to Castle later and now I won't let my husband watch it without me.

maddkat

Staff member
Have you seen the movie Limitless? It might help you understand the show a little better.

Quantico turns out to be a big conspiracy theory. It wasn't too soapy in the pilot, although I can see where you could see that if you only saw certain clips. Once you get past the initial "get to know them" clips of the new recruits, it becomes all about the conspiracy. There were a lot of flashbacks from present day to the time in the training academy, so you have to stay on your toes to keep up. My husband and I liked it much better than Limitless. I think it's already his favorite new show. His other favorite shows are Blacklist, all things NCIS and we both love Castle and Scorpion.

My husband watches Bones more than I do, but he doesn't stay up on it regularly. I like it because there is a small amount of comedic relief - like Castle and the Mentalist. Castle has been amazing so far in the two shows this season. The premiere was as cliffhanger, but both shows have set up a huge conspiracy for Beckett to investigate this season. I caught on to Castle later and now I won't let my husband watch it without me.
I've never even heard of the movie Limitless.lol

I'll check out Quantico's pilot , see if it's too soap operaish for me.

Kizmet311

I've never even heard of the movie Limitless.lol

I'll check out Quantico's pilot , see if it's too soap operaish for me.

Bradley Cooper was in the movie (and he guest stars in a limited manner in the tv series). It's almost like they assume you've seen the movie and know the premise.

Kizmet311

Walking dead? =D

I have never seen TWD, although I can't say that I think it would be my kind of show. Plus, I can only DVR shows that come through on my antenna through the TIVO. I do get AMC, but it is through Sling TV (internet TV package) so I can't record anything. I just never have been too into zombies or the horror/thriller genre. Vampire Diaries is about as close to horror/thriller as I get, lol.

liz278

Is anyone else watching Blindspot? I am really liking this show and hope that enough people watch it so that it continues.

I watch a lot of shows, but I am looking forward to Madame Secretary. I have DVR'd HTGAWM and try to save a couple so that I can watch several in a row so I don't have to wait week after week.

I haven't watched this week's Castle, but from Twitter comments, I think a lot of people are not happy with the direction of the show.

Oh, and I liked Quantico. It does seem a little soap operaish, but I think there is enough question about who is good or bad, that I think it will hold my attention (at least for a while)

maddkat

Staff member
Is anyone else watching Blindspot? I am really liking this show and hope that enough people watch it so that it continues.

I watch a lot of shows, but I am looking forward to Madame Secretary. I have DVR'd HTGAWM and try to save a couple so that I can watch several in a row so I don't have to wait week after week.

I haven't watched this week's Castle, but from Twitter comments, I think a lot of people are not happy with the direction of the show.

OMG I forgot about MS coming back Sunday night.Can not wait.
I adore Tea Leoni and that show.

Kizmet311

Oh, and I liked Quantico. It does seem a little soap operaish, but I think there is enough question about who is good or bad, that I think it will hold my attention (at least for a while)

Blindspot looked a little weird for me, so we haven't tried it yet. Hubby might like it, but I don't think I would. I'm picky about crime/action shows and don't like anything too twisted, lol.

I still haven't caught up on the end of HTGAWM from last season, lol. I think I still have 4-5 shows left, but I have been recording this season too. It could get a little intense/weird for me at times, but it was definitely interesting.

I don't want to spoil Castle for you, but in the last few minutes of this week's show, my husband was like - are they really doing this? Once you've caught up come back to this thread and we'll talk about it more!

Madame Secretary was my favorite new show last year! Tea Leoni is so badass on that show. I love the dynamic between Bess and Henry. They are the best married couple on a tv show EVER. I can't wait for it to come back. It is so good and so relevant to today's politics.

DazzledByCarrie

We are doing Fear the Walking Dead (it's not great, but I'm a fan of the original so we are sticking with it), Scream Queens, Grandfathered, and the Grinder. I'd like to check out Quantico too, but I haven't yet. I'm sad you didn't like Fresh OffThe Boat. We watched all of last season and while it isn't earth shattering, I find it highly enjoyable.

Kizmet311

We are doing Fear the Walking Dead (it's not great, but I'm a fan of the original so we are sticking with it), Scream Queens, Grandfathered, and the Grinder. I'd like to check out Quantico too, but I haven't yet. I'm sad you didn't like Fresh OffThe Boat. We watched all of last season and while it isn't earth shattering, I find it highly enjoyable.

I thought Fresh off the Boat was a brand new show! No, we didn't find it enjoyable at all. We don't expect earth shattering, but it wasn't even funny to us.

I think I recorded both the Grinder and Grandfathered. Looking forward to watching those!

liz278

Okay I watched Castle. I am not happy with the ending. I saw a tweet by an avid Castle fan and they said "we didn't wait all these seasons for them to get together only for them to be separated" It doesn't really look from the preview that Castle is going to let that happen, so we shall see.

liz278

I thought Fresh off the Boat was a brand new show! No, we didn't find it enjoyable at all. We don't expect earth shattering, but it wasn't even funny to us.

I think I recorded both the Grinder and Grandfathered. Looking forward to watching those!

Grandfathered looked funny, let me know if you like it (I didn't like Fresh Off the Boat either)

DazzledByCarrie

Grandfathered was cute, but I thought the pilot was pretty rushed. I started the Grinder and it seems to have a better sense of itself, but I haven't finished it yet.

Kizmet311

I just watched Grandfathered and Grinder tonight and thought they were both really cute. I especially like Grinder for Rob Lowe - loved him on Brothers & Sisters and I feel like he was in another show I watched recently, but can't think of it for some reason. Those are both keepers on my DVR list. I was surprised since I don't often enjoy the humor on Fox comedies, but they were so cute. Maybe a little cheesy at times, but I liked it.

As for Castle, we were disappointed to with Beckett leaving and them being separated yet again, but then the previews make it look like Castle is back to his old antics and basically trying to win Beckett all over again. Hopefully he will win her back sooner rather than later. She should know he's not going to just let her go off and pursue this case all by herself. He will get involved anyway, like he always does. I love those two together so the writers and producers better not screw with them.

teesharky

^ I love Rob Lowe. Had no idea he was on a new show. Never heard of Grinder. What channel is it on? I will have to check it out.

The best shows so far, to me, are:

Quantico--- amazing in every way!
Scream Queens-- funny as hell, not scary-- but they had me at JAmie Lee Curtis
Rosewood- decent DR show. I like it so far.
Minority Report-- I loved the Tom Cruise movie so I decided to check this out. Pretty decent so far.

gran29

I like Blindside and Quantico. The others are OK. My favorite new show is not on the alphabet networks. It's "Bastard Executioner" on FX. It is sooo good. The only "names" who are in it are Stephen Moyer and Katey Sagal. It's about life in Bronze Age Wales. Excellent, if anyone but me loves things like that.

DazzledByCarrie

^ I love Rob Lowe. Had no idea he was on a new show. Never heard of Grinder. What channel is it on? I will have to check it out.

The best shows so far, to me, are:

Quantico--- amazing in every way!
Scream Queens-- funny as hell, not scary-- but they had me at JAmie Lee Curtis
Rosewood- decent DR show. I like it so far.
Minority Report-- I loved the Tom Cruise movie so I decided to check this out. Pretty decent so far.

It's on Fox on Tuesdays. Rob Lowe plays an actor that played a lawyer on tv for years and now believes he can join his family's real life law firm.