Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News On Backlash To BB Asinine Rule Changes

Schrodinger

INteresting to read from the R&B people. Can you put these under Bill Werde's nose on Twitter somehow?

I would guess that most of us are not in there twitter circle so we wouldn't know what they have tweeted, but given the imaginative use of expletives already being used, I'm sure he's blocking them. He could end up blocking 1000s of fans and some big artist. This has not even started yet. We just have to keep the pressure and momentum up here, that is our part. BB just wants this to blow over, they want this to burnout - we can't let that happen.

teesharky

Taylor Swift fans are gloating and so arrogant. Just wait till she gets boo'd at the CMAs or something. People are livid.

Wait till she spends 100 weeks at number 1. See how polite people are then. It will be a riot.

Marv

Claire----I seriously doubt it; collectively speaking, country artists are substantially more conscientious about their fans than top 40 fans are, and if you need any evidence, consider the staggering number of pop stars who've added a few cuts to a previously released CD, and had the audacity to promote it as a 'new' CD. That's undoubtedly one key reason why pop music CD sales have been dreadful for years as opposed to country CD sales, which were down by less than 2% over the first nine months of this year a trend which continues today.

Country artists are simply not in the business of ripping off their fans; Kenny Chesney has been extremely conscientious about maintaining affordable prices for his concert tickets for a solid decade, and the entire country music industry has adapted a similar mindset.

Schrodinger

All hands on Deck !!! I was just shocked! WE need to get some real education started. The posters on the forum linked below think these new changes will be great for Scotty because radio airplay is not as important and Scotty was getting shafted by country radio. They don't understand the crossover problem. Scotty is going to get creamed. I registered but I can't post in that forum. This is BAD news and exactly what BB is counting on. This is another reason to push the affect on all artists. I Don't have time atm moment figure out how to post on that forum. So someone needs to post there. Keep Carrie out of it, use Taylor only as an example and the fall of other artist and link to the Country Universe and SCM sites. WE have to catch this in the bud!

Scotty's single :: Scotty McCreery « idolforums.com

gaycarebear

I literally just sent over 100 tweets to various Country radio stations across the country. Please, everyone, do the same. Plus, if you are a member of any other Country music-centric fan sites, please let them know what's going on and SHARE the petition!

This is the tweet I've been sending out:

[Insert Media/Radio Station Here], a petition has been started AGAINST the new @billboard Country Songs chart rules --> http://www.change.org/petitions/bil...rmat-airplay-in-determining-hit-country-songs

The Nanook

I was thinking, it might be a bad thing for labels to speak out against this. If this does end up sticking around and counting for an official #1, trashing it now might not be good in the long run. It would seem hypocritical for a label/artist to say they're not following this chart, then when their artist goes #1 on that chart to then tout that #1.

clh_hilary

I think it hardly matters for the labels if you're just talking about they market stuff. A #1 on the main chart, on Mediabase, on the Call-out charts, on the digital songs charts, or iTunes or YouTube for a brief minute would be used to represent a #1. Taylor Swift's "Mine" was labeled as a #1 single before it had gotten close to #1 because of the release of "Speak Now", and that's not technically wrong because it did hit #1 somewhere. SO labels don't really need songs to go #1 on the Hot Country Songs chart for this purpose. However, they'd like the #1 songs be announced through other channels and resources like countdown shows, newspapers and blogs. If the marketing is an 'active' one (i.e. Label-induced one), any song would be called a #1 hit anyway; but they want that free promo so they'd like #1's on universally-recognized charts.

judes

^^ I think time will tell the tale about this chart - the fans will realize when their fav singer doesn't even reach the Top 20. Scotty certainly doesn't have a chance on the Hot Country Songs unless he gets bigtime POP airtime - it appears to me the POP airplay time is heavily weighted in the new chart because Carrie with her spins on country airplay, her blown Away single sales and her 4.5 million Blown Away video youtube hits couldn't get to the top of the HCS chart then I really doubt that Scotty can. I really hope Billboard is above board on talleying the stats also - someone here posted that if you talley all the stats for "Never" it shouldn't be in the #1 spot on HCS - I don't know if they were just throwing that out or if there is truth to that - anyway it's very easy for the stats to be manipulated - singles cost av $1 and it would be easy for a label to invest a few 100 thou to get a high result for PR purpose, nothing sells a product like success in sales numbers

clh_hilary

Scotty doesn't have to go #1 to be considered a success, he couldn't get Top 10, or even Top 15 with radio.

But the thing is, after his winning single, no single of his sells so I don't see how he'd be advantaged. He could get a decent chart position (Could be a #1) with a well-timed lead single but that's about it.

Mezik

Bill Werde is an idiot, there's nothing else that can be said about it.

"People will see we made the right choice"

Yes, pushing country stars to become sell outs like Taylor Swift in order to get more airplay on pop stations in order to get a country #1 is a great choice! Also, when theres only four country stars out there right now who can actually sell digital singles well it's a great idea to make digital sales count towards so much of the points.

He's a tool, and obviously he didn't learn anything in class if he considers We Are Never Never Never Never Getting Back Together a country song.

dsfox2009

Signed the petition. I will be DAMNED if there is not some sort of consequence for pushing the amazing Blown Away out of a spot it deserved on a chart for the sake of the mediocre POP song WANEGBT. Smh...

CoopysTunes

I came out of the wood work just to sign your petition! I hope it helps. Also sent it to my husband, who signs nothing and he signed.
Coopy

cassie2

Staff member
I came out of the wood work just to sign your petition! I hope it helps. Also sent it to my husband, who signs nothing and he signed.
Coopy

How heartwarming! Thank you and thank your husband too!!!

Hope you stick around and enjoy the site.