Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicole and Karly's Twitter War Settled

Who is clearly more handsome?

• Total voters

allamericangirl8

I need to watch last night's episode. :O I missed. Nanny, where are you watching it? :p

Oh, and Nanny at least acknowledges that Axl is the more attractive of the two!

[Edit]

Nicole, how do you know the exact date that your GN'R fandom began? Lol

See, I went to go see an Iron Maiden tribute band, but I got the dates mixed up, and I accidentally saw a GN'R one instead, and I liked some of the songs that were played... but I was more intrigued by how the audience kept shouting, "PLAY COMA!" "PLAY ESTRANGED!" I thought those were cool song titles and was surprised that the band didn't play the two most requested songs. They kept playing Anything Goes whenever those songs were brought up. They said the songs were too complex for them to execute. As a prog fan, my interest was piqued even more, so that same day, I looked up Coma and Estranged... and here I am.

I found the flyer yesterday with the Iron Maiden and GN'R tribute band dates.

nannygirl

I need to watch last night's episode. :O I missed. Nanny, where are you watching it? :p

We posted at the same exact time! <3 But we said different things. Although our first "paragraphs" both ended with :p.

I'm watching it on TV. Duh.

Yup. Axl >>>>>>>>>>>>> JD. BUT ANGIE STILL WINS. ;)

nannygirl

How am I a liar? I will watch it? did it not come on? ... I don't know what that last thing is :/

You said:
nanny doesn't care about Axl...she just loves Angie. I can't believe after I started watching Rizzoli & Isles, Perception, and Sasha fangirling I'm a traitor. *shakes head*

And then you said you haven't even seen Perception. :( But, anyway, that makes you a liar. A crappy one, but a liar. :p

Nicole, remind me to never get Hil to cover for me. Lol.

Hil, you've never heard of Flat Stanley? You had a sad childhood. D:

epicamends

[Edit]

See, I went to go see an Iron Maiden tribute band, but I got the dates mixed up, and I accidentally saw a GN'R one instead, and I liked some of the songs that were played... but I was more intrigued by how the audience kept shouting, "PLAY COMA!" "PLAY ESTRANGED!" I thought those were cool song titles and was surprised that the band didn't play the two most requested songs. They kept playing Anything Goes whenever those songs were brought up. They said the songs were too complex for them to execute. As a prog fan, my interest was piqued even more, so that same day, I looked up Coma and Estranged... and here I am.

I found the flyer yesterday with the Iron Maiden and GN'R tribute band dates.

That's...kind of an awesome story.

But seriously, a tribute band that can't play Estranged or Coma? Pffttt. How were they on the other songs? Do you remember? Obviously they did them enough justice to pique your interest.

nannygirl

I've seen the show, just not the latest episode....Nicole and I watched it somewhat together one night, so get jealous :p haha No, I've never heard of flat stanley.

And seriously everytime I read this

cracks me up!

So you lied about not watching it then!

Nicole and I watched Coming & Going together. And we're planning a movie night tonight. <3

You don't get why Flat Rizzles is erroneous and hilarious then. D:

EDIT: My signature is only funny when paired with my Rizzles edition of Stalker Weekly. <3 Angie, however, was not amused. -_- I lol'd though. It came out right after Jenna Marbles' first music video. <3

nannygirl

No, I meant I didn't watch this last episode. I'm kinda jealous you watched coming and going together lol Well, have fun with your movie night. What are you guys watching?

Yea, well, I don't get most things, it's nothing new for me.

We also came together. <3 #LLBFFs #lies #disturbing #whywasthemoviesosexual

She's trying to persuade me to watch Star Wars. I want to watch a chick flick. Clearly, Nicole would be the guy. :/

allamericangirl8

That's...kind of an awesome story.

But seriously, a tribute band that can't play Estranged or Coma? Pffttt. How were they on the other songs? Do you remember? Obviously they did them enough justice to pique your interest.

It's kind of funny how my GN'R fandom started as a mistake. :p

I think the band could probably play Coma, but the singer couldn't sing it. Coma is so hard to sing lol. Well, the last two minutes are because there's no breath. Duff and Gilby used to say Estranged was hard for them because they didn't have the melody and the rhythm made no sense, but I would think a cover band would have no problem with it. Usually people who cover songs are more skilled than the original artists (and it's not hard to have more skill than Duff and Gilby), so I honestly have no clue why they couldn't at least play Estranged, which was the most requested song, more than Coma and November Rain.

I remember how shocking it was how messy every performance was -- and how I liked how messy it was. x) Before that day, I by far preferred more polished acts. Carrie and Maiden were my favorite artists, and they're very polished. I was also big into Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Kamelot at that point, so yes, I was definitely digging polish. The performances were absolute trainwrecks. "Axl" (his name was Richard, iirc, and he looked and sounded just like Axl) never talked and kept missing his cues, they had to start over midsong a few times, they didn't have a setlist, etc. It was so raw. I loved it. Now that I know more about GN'R, I realize they were trying to encapsulate the club days of GN'R, and they did it pretty well actually... though Axl did talk a lot pretty much his whole career, so I didn't get why they had the "Izzy" talk through all the performances, especially seeing as Izzy irl doesn't really talk.

tumblr_m6k63y6kEF1rph4s6o1_500.gif

That tribute band (called Dust N' Bones) did November Rain terribly, but they did do a mean enough It's So Easy, Nightrain, and Anything Goes for me to go and check out the originals. Basically, they were good at Appetite songs and were terrible at Illusion songs. And I was annoyed by the way the singer sang My Michelle, but then I realized he was copying what Axl did in the '80s. Awkward.

^ Whoops. Sorry for the long boring post.

nannygirl

We should do a group movie. Me, you, and Hil. But Hil can't pick. Because we're going youngest first. ;)

This episode is so insightful!

Carrieflattsfan

Hil, you traitor! Axl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JD.

I didn't even remember JD's name. OO I had to scroll up.

HEY. You DID admit he was hot, remember?? But I'd totally ditch JD for Axl's voice and he beats JD with his hair pulled back.

You guys, I really AM brainwashed, aren't I...