Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of that Truck chart updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

CU4ever

These relatively small losses, but losses nonetheless indicate UMG has pulled this song.

If they pulled it for no reason, I will be upset. The decision to pull this song is incredibly stupid and infuriating. This would have been a hit, it connected, and it was doing fine. The updates indicate it was doing decent or it would be losing a lot more. Last week it had a really good week, and there’s no reason they should have pulled it. Carrie’s best single in years, and it’s pulled for no good reason.

I hope I’m wrong.

Last edited:

montdu39

These relatively small losses, but losses nonetheless indicate UMG has pulled this song.

If they pulled it for no reason, I will be upset. The decision to pull this song is incredibly stupid and infuriating. This would have been a hit, it connected, and it was doing fine. The updates indicate it was doing decent or it would be losing a lot more. Last week it had a really good week, and there’s no reason they should have pulled it. Carrie’s best single in years, and it’s pulled for no good reason.

I hope I’m wrong.
Yea it looks like they pulled it.

I know you say chart runs are long, but why are all the new songs passing it in a matter of weeks? It’s been staying in the 30s because all the new releases keep passing it. It’s not climbing at all. It would be one thing if it climbed slowly, but it’s not climbing at all.

CU4ever

Yea it looks like they pulled it.

I know you say chart runs are long, but why are all the new songs passing it in a matter of weeks? It’s been staying in the 30s because all the new releases keep passing it. It’s not climbing at all. It would be one thing if it climbed slowly, but it’s not climbing at all.
It’s not the only song that wasn’t climbing at all. New releases by radios favorite young and popular artists kept passing it. Carrie is not that to radio anymore plus she had zero momentum. Not to mention week after week of clear channel deals. OOTT wasn’t the only song that kept getting passed up, for instance, Carly Pearce, Sam Hunt, Parker McCollum, Gabby Barrett, the list goes on, they also keep getting passed up and not moving either.

it’s ironic because OOTT was already passed by everyone there is to on billboard weeks ago. And last week it finally moved to a new peak position. If they kept pushing it, it was about to be in the position to start moving. Could have made top 30 in a handful of weeks.

These rather small losses it is seeing for a pulled song is what one would expect for a song doing decently that gets pulled. It had a really good week last week, too

rangers73

You never know Carrie might never release another single to radio she might just stick to trying to build up streaming also she might decide to spend more time at home with family and just do frequent shows semi-retirement you can tell she is enjoying her time at home you can’t really blame her

CU4ever

The song isn't pulled, someone on twitter said a video is being worked on. She's not retiring because she's baking. LOL And she'll definitely release another song to radio. I like everyone here, but come on some of you guys.
Is this person reliable? I’d love if it wasn’t pulled but it really seems like it. Genuinely asking because I have been sad all day lol :)

Hil

Is this person reliable? I’d love if it wasn’t pulled but it really seems like it. Genuinely asking because I have been sad all day lol :)
I really don't understand what has changed or where you got this info it's over? Also, the guy (Brett from twitter) said he got the info from someone at UMG that it's in the works. He's not one who usually lies.

CU4ever

I really don't understand what has changed or where you got this info it's over? Also, the guy (Billy from twitter) said he got the info from someone at UMG that it's in the works. He's not one who usually lies.
They can make a music video but that doesn’t mean they didn’t pull the song though. UMG just did this for Darius Rucker. I’m just assuming it’s over since these updates are those of a song that has been pulled

Hil

They can make a music video but that doesn’t mean they didn’t pull the song though. UMG just did this for Darius Rucker. I’m just assuming it’s over since these updates are those of a song that has been pulled
I personally don't understand why they would bother with a video for a song if they pulled it from radio. That being said I'm not a chart guru. May as well keep it going until the Cody duet.I still don't think her career is ending with this era like some here either way.

CU4ever

While todays loss was not that bad (pretty tiny, almost a gain) and better than the last two days, it still isn’t looking good that it’s been 3/4 days of consecutive losses. It sort of seems they pulled it but we will know for sure probably tomorrow. I guess there’s a chance they didn’t pull it due to how small todays losses were. Hope for good news y’all 🙏🏼

LilUnderwood

Also usually don’t they go for max spins before they drop a song and I haven’t seen any of those ads posted anywhere so I think it’s still going to be out there.

Also this is my opinion and assumption but I get the feeling Carrie is chilling and making the music she wants to make. I don’t think she’s going to stop soon and in many interviews she has said it’s like she leads a double life which she likes doing but I get the feeling when she’s at home she’s at home being a mom, wife, Gardner, etc and she’s okay with that. She also did an interview recently on a podcast and from that I got the impression she isn’t retiring anytime soon.

Zach1998

Idk I know UMG used to get label of the year for radio, but idk. I just don’t feel like I see any of there artists consistently getting great spins or have anything that rockets to the top. Carrie, Dierks, Darius, Luke B, and Jon Pardi all feels like they see extremely weak gains to get up the chart, especially recently.

Is the label cutting down expenses on not promoing to radio as much or. Idk I do feel like most of the problem is radio, but I don’t feel like the label is being very aggressive pushing this, like they we’re with Ghost Story.

CU4ever

Idk I know UMG used to get label of the year for radio, but idk. I just don’t feel like I see any of there artists consistently getting great spins or have anything that rockets to the top. Carrie, Dierks, Darius, Luke B, and Jon Pardi all feels like they see extremely weak gains to get up the chart, especially recently.

Is the label cutting down expenses on not promoing to radio as much or. Idk I do feel like most of the problem is radio, but I don’t feel like the label is being very aggressive pushing this, like they we’re with Ghost Story.
This is absolutely what I think has happened. We know a lot of major companies have had budget cuts, and UMG lately has sucked. Lots of songs have gotten blocked that shouldnt have. Parker, Jordan, had huge hits miss it. I just think they have had budget cuts with radio promotion. Other labels push songs way harder.

And if they have really pulled OOTT, that would speak volumes

RenegadeChaser

Just curious, do we know how many albums were part of Carrie’s album deal with UMG?

She’s already had 4 including MG and MS, but these might be considered side projects and count differently.

angeliccarrie

I was wondering if Carrie was going to switch labels, but I don't what her contract entails. Carrie needs a whole new revamp or maybe it's because she doesn't care that much, so minimal effort is spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.