Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of that Truck chart updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

CU4ever

While that spins loss is very small, it’s seemingly safe to say they pulled it. It’s been four days in a row of losses.

Last week was literally its best week in months. It’s streaming and connecting like her singles haven’t in years. But now they decide to drop it for no reason? Especially after the fantastic week it had last week? So sad as I absolutely adored this song and it had crazy potential. This just makes no sense when it was doing very well just five days ago. Nice job, UMG

Zach1998

Idk. Not to sound dramatic, but I feel disgusted.

Disgusted at radio and UMG both. This song connected with the audience more than almost all of her UMG singles, and it kind of feels like the label just released it and put zero effort in promoting it. I’m edition to wasting time not getting behind it when its momentum was at peak, when it was first released in March. Instead they burned 3 months behind a single that was clearly not connecting at all.

This is about to cross the threshold to be eligible for a gold certification, and will be her lowest peaking single? Like SIGNIFICANTLY lower than all her others (HMH included.) I’m done with radio and this label lol. I know there’s a decline when females get older, but they don’t outright faceplant which is what it seems like with this era. Especially when you’re as massive as Carrie is.

maddkat

Staff member
^ but they do outright faceplant on country radio. It's how they work. It's happened over and over and over again. A woman gets older and they stop playing them. Period.

montdu39

^ but they do outright faceplant on country radio. It's how they work. It's happened over and over and over again. A woman gets older and they stop playing them. Period.
Exactly. It’s the ageism and sexism in the country music industry. They are over Carrie.

The label could probably do more also to promote, but they probably figure they won’t get a return on their money at this point.

Reactions: Hil

adam1995

Idk. Not to sound dramatic, but I feel disgusted.

Disgusted at radio and UMG both. This song connected with the audience more than almost all of her UMG singles, and it kind of feels like the label just released it and put zero effort in promoting it. I’m edition to wasting time not getting behind it when its momentum was at peak, when it was first released in March. Instead they burned 3 months behind a single that was clearly not connecting at all.

This is about to cross the threshold to be eligible for a gold certification, and will be her lowest peaking single? Like SIGNIFICANTLY lower than all her others (HMH included.) I’m done with radio and this label lol. I know there’s a decline when females get older, but they don’t outright faceplant which is what it seems like with this era. Especially when you’re as massive as Carrie is.
Also, she didn't outright faceplant. CP was a step down and this another step down. This drop at radio didn't happen overnight, some were just too stubborn to see it happening and accept it.

jamatthews83

Copium and ludicrous distortion of facts aside. This week's updates don't look like the effect of being dropped to me, although they could end up being the cause. The majority of the time when a song is dropped it is much more obvious, and a -10 spins is not really the -200 you would expect at this point.

There's also the question of why. Because while it's obvious this song isn't connecting with the general public, in the past they've been happy to keep songs alive well past their expiration date when there's nothing better to do, and there really doesn't seem to be anything better. There's no point in pushing anything else from the album and the Cody duet won't be until after Christmas. Maybe a Brad duet, but that requires about 4 different leaps of logic at this point and is therefore very unlikely.

CU4ever

Copium and ludicrous distortion of facts aside. This week's updates don't look like the effect of being dropped to me, although they could end up being the cause. The majority of the time when a song is dropped it is much more obvious, and a -10 spins is not really the -200 you would expect at this point.

There's also the question of why. Because while it's obvious this song isn't connecting with the general public, in the past they've been happy to keep songs alive well past their expiration date when there's nothing better to do, and there really doesn't seem to be anything better. There's no point in pushing anything else from the album and the Cody duet won't be until after Christmas. Maybe a Brad duet, but that requires about 4 different leaps of logic at this point and is therefore very unlikely.
These updates are indicative of a song that was dropped that was doing fine. A song only falls hard if it was not doing well or radio didn’t want to be playing it

CU4ever

I’m done with UMG. I’m heartbroken. No one expected her to be treated like Morgan Wallen. But this song actually connected like none of her UMG singles did and they just go and pull it. Other labels push songs for a year or more that do way worse. I would have been happy with a top 20. This song had its best week in months last week… and they drop it right after that. What??? Why? I’m tired of Carrie not getting treated like one of the most popular stars ever in the genre. Part of me wonders if she’s parting ways with UMG. Right after the album comes out they drop this. That’s the only thing I can think of to explain why they’d drop a song that had a bullet of nearly 200 last week.

This was my favorite song in years of Carrie’s and it didn’t deserve to get dropped when it was doing fine. I don’t know if she will ever have a song connect like this again. But at least, her next lead single will have a clear channel deal, I guess.

Edit: IF this hasn’t been pulled, part of me wonders if the horrible week it had is because Lainey unexpectedly pushed for another week at number one, and that AirPlay had to come from another woman. We all know how radio feels about its tomatoes. 🙄

Last edited:

adam1995

The funniest part about this, is that there are "heartbroken" fans over the radio situation, and whatever else, and Carrie just posts pictures of her celery and beets, she's grown. She just doesn't seem bothered by the situation.

Hil

I'm bummed if they dropped this song. Personally I think the deluxe songs should have been singles first, but anyway, it's not like her career is ending and she'll never make music again. I do wonder if she'll sing at the CMA's now though.

Zach1998

Idk they usually push things way past their expectation date *cough “Hate My Heart” *cough “Love Wins.”

I just don’t see why they would drop a song that is connecting a lot better than those did when this is probably the best time to stick with a song. It’s not like she’ll release another single from the album as non are connecting remotely as well as OOTT and would probably peak even lower.

On top of the Cody duet probably becoming a single after his current single peaks, somewhere in the beginning of 2024.

CU4ever

Idk they usually push things way past their expectation date *cough “Hate My Heart” *cough “Love Wins.”

I just don’t see why they would drop a song that is connecting a lot better than those did when this is probably the best time to stick with a song. It’s not like she’ll release another single from the album as non are connecting remotely as well as OOTT and would probably peak even lower.

On top of the Cody duet probably becoming a single after his current single peaks, somewhere in the beginning of 2024.
Pushing this for a few more months easily could have taken it top twenty, or higher. This is why I considered the possibility Carrie was leaving UMG. Years ago, ZBB left their label and right after their album was released, the label pulled their current song from the chart. In this case, it would be right after D&R: Deluxe was released, they drop OOTT.

I know this is extremely unlikely, but make it make sense as to how/why they would drop a song that had its best week in months just last week. I just do not understand, there's no reason I can think of for why they would do this. None at all and that drives me crazy.

PRGuy79

Pushing this for a few more months easily could have taken it top twenty, or higher. This is why I considered the possibility Carrie was leaving UMG. Years ago, ZBB left their label and right after their album was released, the label pulled their current song from the chart. In this case, it would be right after D&R: Deluxe was released, they drop OOTT.

I know this is extremely unlikely, but make it make sense as to how/why they would drop a song that had its best week in months just last week. I just do not understand, there's no reason I can think of for why they would do this. None at all and that drives me crazy.
I hope she leaves them sooner rather than later. Their management of her career has been malpractice. Had they been managing a legacy artist or someone resigned to legacy status, it might have been acceptable. But for an artist of Carrie's stature with stated plans to expand worldwide reach through the platform Universal offers, their efforts have been disjointed, shortsighted, unimaginative and weak.

CU4ever

I hope she leaves them sooner rather than later. Their management of her career has been malpractice. Had they been managing a legacy artist or someone resigned to legacy status, it might have been acceptable. But for an artist of Carrie's stature with stated plans to expand worldwide reach through the platform Universal offers, their efforts have been disjointed, shortsighted, unimaginative and weak.
I'm team Return to Sony, now. Artists do this a bit in their long careers, so I don't see why Carrie cannot. I know many think Carrie doesn't care about success, but she has to care somewhat, she has said she is competitive. Every single time she gets a #1, she personally tweets about it (she never tweets!) so I know she cares to a degree.

But the part I bolded is so, so true. Malpractice is a good way to put it, because why drop OOTT for no good reason? Carrie is a household name and until 2022, she was one of country music's biggest stars. She's a star, and I don't feel like she's treated as such. People might disagree with me, and some may say "oh, she's a legacy status artist now" but in my opinion, that only could be argued as a result of her mismanaged career, not as a cause. There was a clear difference in success and management from Sony to UMG, with UMG dropping the ball greatly from CP to D&R.

Her album was literally not in stores...that is not acceptable for Carrie Underwood.

CU4ever

Carrie being happy is great! But UMG not getting her album in stores has nothing to do with that, and probably made her unhappy when she went to take her picture and couldn’t because there was no CD in the store

adam1995

Carrie being happy is great! But UMG not getting her album in stores has nothing to do with that, and probably made her unhappy when she went to take her picture and couldn’t because there was no CD in the store
Okay, but the point is maybe Carrie isn’t as concerned as you are. She may understand that it might not be economically viable to put the album in stores anymore. That way be why it really wasn’t. She’s taking in the money in Vegas and on tour, I’m sure she knows that’s where the money is.

She probably also realizes the realities of the industry for someone of her age and gender. She just seems to not be as upset or disgruntled by where she is right now.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t want to see more promo and stuff next go around, but it won’t ruin my mood if it doesn’t happen and it doesn’t look like it it’s ruining Carrie’s either.

CU4ever

Okay, but the point is maybe Carrie isn’t as concerned as you are. She may understand that it might not be economically viable to put the album in stores anymore. That way be why it really wasn’t. She’s taking in the money in Vegas and on tour, I’m sure she knows that’s where the money is.

She probably also realizes the realities of the industry for someone of her age and gender. She just seems to not be as upset or disgruntled by where she is right now.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t want to see more promo and stuff next go around, but it won’t ruin my mood if it doesn’t happen and it doesn’t look like it it’s ruining Carrie’s either.
I understand where you’re coming from. In regards to the album, one could argue Carrie’s older fan base that isn’t super into streaming would have bought it in person.

But I guess the point is, there’s stuff that could and should be done that doesn’t really require Carrie, so it’s not like we can say it’s not being done because she’s happy. Like pulling a song from radio after its best week on the chart yet, is just bad management, especially since the song was likely to go higher. And managing a radio career doesn’t really require any energy from Carrie. Carrie does care when she gets #1s, and always acknowledges it. I think she likes that and winning fan voted awards (as she says, those matter). I think there’s a lot of promo that doesn’t even require Carrie. There just seems to be an untapped potential, and I think it’s troublesome because things might do better with more effort from her label.

However, I feel like it’s worth noting we really didn’t know Carrie was unhappy enough to leave Sony. I remember it came as a bit of a surprise. But for some reason, she did want to move, so for all we know, she could be feeling that now too, even if only slightly

Last edited:

jamatthews83

So they almost certainly haven't dropped it, and in fact they are continuing to sink money into playlisting to give the illusion that it is streaming well. Very embarrassing for some people having meltdowns and just making things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.