Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of that Truck chart updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

CU4ever

So glad to keep seeing it added! Some people are freaking out on Twitter because it dropped to number 30 on the hot country playlist on Spotify. Is that really going to effect it that much at radio? Just trying to understand how streaming and radio work together for something to be a hit.
Yeah it won’t hurt radio airplay only streaming which should pick up when radio begins to power this up in a few weeks

CU4ever

OOTT is off to a much better start than Hate My Heart. HMH debuted a week after its impact date at #60, and then moved up to #55 in its second week. In HMH's second week, it only gained a mere 123K compared to OOTT's gain of almost 500K

FanSince04

There's a decent chance it'll make top 40 next week as well. I'm happy with it
Happy, yes. I’m thinking realistically here. Even if radio likes the song… which they did with HMH at the beginning… they will stall it at certain points in its climb. I am optimistic OOTT will scale the charts into at least the Top 5!

CU4ever

Happy, yes. I’m think realistically here. Even if radio likes the song… which they did with HMH at the beginning… they will stall it at certain points in its climb. I am optimistic OOTT will scale the charts into at least the Top 5!
I definitely don't think it'll be a fast climb, but it's off to a much better start than HMH so that's good. Especially since HMH was following a top 5, and this is following a #20. But I agree. Top 5 is the floor, and I'm hoping for a #1🌟

Hil

I definitely don't think it'll be a fast climb, but it's off to a much better start than HMH so that's good. Especially since HMH was following a top 5, and this is following a #20. But I agree. Top 5 is the floor, and I'm hoping for a #1🌟
Seems like things are going well. Does anyone understand how the hot country chart works on spotify? It seems to have some fans upset. It was moved down to 30 over poor streaming? That doesn't really make sense to me since it was at like 5-10 before and streaming the same numbers. Why would it be moved down to 30 because it didn't live up to expectations at 3? Or does it mean it was the 30th streamed song that week, even though the numbers have stayed consistent?

maddkat

Staff member
taking off: 2/21

leaders:
WOKQ-FM Portsmouth, NH Country 28 16 12 7 3 6 5 7 0.078
WITL-FM Lansing Country 28 16 12 7 4 6 5 6 0.048
KUAD-FM Ft. Collins, CO Country 28 17 11 7 4 6 5 6 0.028
WGNA-FM Albany, NY Country 27 16 11 7 4 5 5 6 0.084
KMDL-FM Lafayette, LA Country 27 17 10 6 5 6 4 6 0.088
WYRK-FM Buffalo Country 27 17 10 7 3 6 5 6 0.194
KYGO-FM Denver Country 25 13 12 6 4 4 5 6 0.163
MCCN-FM >Music Choice Country 23 24 -1 6 4 5 4 4 0
KBEQ-FM Kansas City Country 21 21 6 2 5 2 6 0.053
WCTK-FM Providence Country 20 21 -1 5 1 5 5 4 0.134
KAWO-FM Boise, ID Country 18 13 5 1 1 5 5 6 0.028
WJVC-FM Nassau-Suffolk Country 16 10 6 5 3 2 6 0
KUPL-FM Portland, OR Country 14 5 9 7 7 0.009
WKRO-FM Daytona Beach Country 13 5 8 8 1 4 0.004
KPLM-FM Palm Springs, CA Country 12 12 5 4 3 0.016
WFUS-FM Tampa Country 12 12 9 3 0.02
KSOP-FM Salt Lake City Country 12 11 1 4 3 1 4 0.025
WMIL-FM Milwaukee Country 12 3 9 6 1 1 1 3 0.036
WTHT-FM Portland, ME Country 9 7 2 3 1 2 3 0.017
WSIX-FM Nashville Country 9 5 4 4 1 4 0.016

NC State Carrie Fan

Seems like things are going well. Does anyone understand how the hot country chart works on spotify? It seems to have some fans upset. It was moved down to 30 over poor streaming? That doesn't really make sense to me since it was at like 5-10 before and streaming the same numbers. Why would it be moved down to 30 because it didn't live up to expectations at 3? Or does it mean it was the 30th streamed song that week, even though the numbers have stayed consistent?
It has nothing to do with how the song was streaming on the playlist because you are exactly right it has stayed pretty consistent. It is just when the labels choose to promote what specific songs. They can’t have the same song at the top of the playlist consistently because other artists need exposure too. It’s more so when an artist has a big week (album release, deluxe edition announcement in Carrie’s case, etc) they pay the money and move it to the top.

There are only about 50 songs on the playlist total so it’s good that it’s on there in general. When HMH was removed it went from 100k to like 35k lol. So even at spot 30 I’m still happy. It’ll have more weeks towards the top later in the chart run!

LilUnderwood

It has nothing to do with how the song was streaming on the playlist because you are exactly right it has stayed pretty consistent. It is just when the labels choose to promote what specific songs. They can’t have the same song at the top of the playlist consistently because other artists need exposure too. It’s more so when an artist has a big week (album release, deluxe edition announcement in Carrie’s case, etc) they pay the money and move it to the top.

There are only about 50 songs on the playlist total so it’s good that it’s on there in general. When HMH was removed it went from 100k to like 35k lol. So even at spot 30 I’m still happy. It’ll have more weeks towards the top later in the chart run!
Thank you so much for this explanation!! Seriously I appreciate it because I spent the entire day confused why some people were freaking out why it was lower on that playlist and then those people were assuming the song was going to flop even though it’s still new lol!

Reactions: Hil

Zach1998

Yeah I wouldn't be too concerned with it moving to 30s in the playlist. UMG has payed for it to be relatively close to the top of the playlist for a good number of weeks. They do have other artists that they need to promote as well. It'll get better placement in weeks to come.

Hil

THANK YOU!!! There are only a few I trust who know what they're talking about when it comes to streaming and radio. Thanks for the info. I do appreciate all those who provide numbers and try to help as well. It just gets very confusing when people don't know and tell it like they do. "I don't know" always works. Again, I still appreciate them. I don't know most things lol

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
taking off: 4/33

leaders:
Station Market Format TW lw Move ovn am mid pm eve Aud
KYGO-FM Denver Country 31 14 17 9 3 6 6 7 0.194
KMDL-FM Lafayette, LA Country 27 24 3 5 6 6 4 6 0.092
WOKQ-FM Portsmouth, NH Country 27 25 2 5 4 6 4 8 0.078
KUAD-FM Ft. Collins, CO Country 27 25 2 5 5 6 4 7 0.028
WITL-FM Lansing Country 26 25 1 5 4 6 4 7 0.045
WYRK-FM Buffalo Country 26 25 1 5 4 6 4 7 0.195
WGNA-FM Albany, NY Country 25 24 1 5 4 5 4 7 0.08
MCCN-FM >Music Choice Country 24 23 1 6 4 5 5 4 0
WCTK-FM Providence Country 20 20 4 3 3 6 4 0.137
KBEQ-FM Kansas City Country 20 22 -2 6 2 5 2 5 0.052
KAWO-FM Boise, ID Country 18 19 -1 2 5 4 7 0.028
WJVC-FM Nassau-Suffolk Country 17 13 4 6 2 2 1 6 0
WMIL-FM Milwaukee Country 14 5 9 7 2 1 1 3 0.044
KUPL-FM Portland, OR Country 14 8 6 7 7 0.009
WKRO-FM Daytona Beach Country 14 9 5 9 1 4 0.005
KPLM-FM Palm Springs, CA Country 13 12 1 1 5 4 3 0.018
WFUS-FM Tampa Country 12 3 9 9 3 0.02
KSOP-FM Salt Lake City Country 11 15 -4 4 3 1 3 0.025
WSIX-FM Nashville Country 10 7 3 5 1 4 0.016
WWQM-FM Madison, WI Country 10 9 1 7 1 2 0.004

Zach1998

I know it’s going to be a long chart run, and following a big underperformer, but I was kind of hoping this would’ve went top 50 already :/

This is such an earworm and connecting better than her songs have in years. Hope radio doesn’t turn their head the other way.

CU4ever

I know it’s going to be a long chart run, and following a big underperformer, but I was kind of hoping this would’ve went top 50 already :/

This is such an earworm and connecting better than her songs have in years. Hope radio doesn’t turn their head the other way.
Im really not even worried at all. I doubt radio turns their head the other way, it’s just not going to be that fast after HMH. Of course it doesn’t help that every single week there’s a new clear channel deal (sometimes two) which potentially keeps knocking it off the chart. But I’m sure it’ll make top fifty soon considering a huge clean out is happening

But it’s doing better on Billboard than HMH was at this point in the chart run, which is of course good. I’d also imagine radio is going to take their time with this in the beginning until they see test scores, and then once they see it’s testing well, start playing it much faster. We know how hesitant they are with new songs by women.

Sure, I would have liked this to be climbing faster but I’m not worried in the slightest because of how well it’s streaming and connecting with comments I’ve seen from the general public.

CU4ever

From today's Monday Morning Intel, some very good numbers all around for OOTT

Composite: 32
Airplay: 40
Airscore: 28
Callout: --
Audio: 19
Video: 44
Sales: 29

If you're wondering what each of the above charts is:

1 AIRPLAY is calculated by Trailing 14 Days of radio airplay on the Key Influencer radio stations – Top 157 radio stations by Average Quarter Hour. Charts are weighted using currently assigned points in Mediabase…100% point value for Morning Drive, 90% for Afternoon Drive, 80% for Mid-days, 70% for nights, 50% for Overnights.
2 AIRSCORE: THE AIRPLAY INTEL 3.0 RETENTION SCORE predicts listener tune-in/ tune-out on song play by contemplating the trend over time relationship between local and national airplay, local/regional callout, and audio and video streaming.
3 NATIONAL CALLOUT contemplates more than 1,000 respondents weekly in four regions geographically equivalent over the trailing 14 days of calls.
4 STREAMING, AUDIO contemplates trailing 14 days of all streaming. Songs with insufficient data are designated with an “x”. These songs do not affect the Total Performance Score in any way.
5 STREAMING, VIDEO contemplates trailing 14 days of all streaming. Songs with insufficient data are designated with an “x”. These songs do not affect the Total Performance Score in any way.
6 SALES is base on 14 days trailing results. Songs with insufficient data are designated as PENDING. Pending songs do not affect Total Performance Score in any way.

Also ranked #8 on the MMI Action chart. ACTION Songs that are testing either in Callout or in Retention significantly higher than current Airplay rank. These songs are considered UNDEREXPOSED and deserving generally of greater airplay.

OOTT is also on the HOT ZONE / DEVELOPING chart. This chart is where all five components listed above are contemplated. Songs moving up and increasing significantly in TWO or more categories are designated in the Hot Zone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.