Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out of that Truck chart updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach1998

I'm not sure I remember HMH being #3 on callouts. I remember it made it to #13 in January randomly for a week, but pretty much staying in the 20-30 range, sometimes beneath that for the following months until it was pulled.

The composite score when a song debuts on the MMI is always relatively lower, as is the callouts, but usually, as airplay increases, the composite score gets better. What we don't want to happen is it's overall composite score to be low, after it's started seeing significant airplay. HMH having a similar composite score while having top 20 levels of airplay, is much different than a song that it just starting it's climb and not even top 50 yet on Mediabase. HMH's composite score was actually around the 40-50 range in it's final weeks of promotion, for a song to have been top 20 and in that range isn't good at all.

Nonetheless, I feel like when it's all said and done this was her best option if she wanted to stay in this era. Out streaming 65% of the songs on the chart is a pretty big feat, that I don't think Ghost Story nor Hate My Heart even came close to doing.

Where were y'all seeing the MMI for today? I normally see it through All Access, but it's still showing the report from 6/12.

Last edited:

CU4ever

be nice if that meant something at this stage but HMH had similar numbers( except sales )and was #3 on callout 😐
HMH quickly fell a lot on the callout chart, something I don’t see happening here

Plus OOTT has streaming in addition to sales

maddkat

Staff member
taking off: 4/34

starters:
WUSN-FM Chicago Country 10 10 6 4 0.031
WXCY-FM Wilmington, DE Country 10 10 7 3 0.002
WSOC-FM Charlotte-Gaston Country 8 8 4 1 1 2 0.022
WIL-FM St. Louis Country 7 7 7 0.005
WKHX-FM Atlanta Country 4 4 1 3 0.016
KILT-FM Houston Country 3 3 2 1 0.006
WYCD-FM Detroit Country 3 3 2 1 0.005
WLFP-FM Memphis Country 3 3 1 1 1 0.002
KHKI-FM Des Moines Country 3 3 3 0.002

the majority of these spins are overnight

glenn7

taking off: 4/34

starters:
WUSN-FM Chicago Country 10 10 6 4 0.031
WXCY-FM Wilmington, DE Country 10 10 7 3 0.002
WSOC-FM Charlotte-Gaston Country 8 8 4 1 1 2 0.022
WIL-FM St. Louis Country 7 7 7 0.005
WKHX-FM Atlanta Country 4 4 1 3 0.016
KILT-FM Houston Country 3 3 2 1 0.006
WYCD-FM Detroit Country 3 3 2 1 0.005
WLFP-FM Memphis Country 3 3 1 1 1 0.002
KHKI-FM Des Moines Country 3 3 3 0.002

the majority of these spins are overnight
Finally Atlanta, thanks Dk

CU4ever

Anxiously awaiting the 8-9 songs that are falling to go off the chart. It’s funny this could take a couple weeks to enter the top 50 but then could make it to like 40 very quickly. It’s why I’m not worried because we are really in the middle of a huge chart clean out with nearly ten (!) songs going off the chart in the next two weeks

montdu39

But how many new songs are also trying to get on the chart? I’m worried that OOTT isn’t even charting yet. I was hoping for a smash hit, and it’s doing so well on Sirius CM (#15 this week in their countdown).

CU4ever

Unfortunately, looks like there’s only four adds this week, but I’m not worried about this song.

It’s climbing steadily and decently, especially for Carrie. it’s also climbing steadily on mediabase at whatever position it’s at below number 50. Newer songs are always at a lower position on mediabase cause their airplay is way more natural than the older songs at that position whose spins are disproportionately overnight spins. Last week On billboard it said OOTT was 49 in audience and 53 in spins, so the older songs at the positions around it have a disproportionately higher percentage of their spins being overnight compared to the newer songs like OOTT.

She has zero momentum yet it’s still climbing faster than HMH, which had more reason to have momentum. And we see how well it’s doing on all the info at MMI, including streaming and testing

maddkat

Staff member
the slowness of OOTT is a direct result imo of radios complete lack of interest in playing women over 40. If it had been released 5-10 years ago it'd be top 30 by now.

this weeks adds
KJUG-FM
WCKN-FM
WIRK-FM
WQYK-FM

OOTT was up 6 spots to #54 on mediabase this week, should definitely enter top 50 by Sunday afternoon at the latest

taking off 1/9

Last edited:

Zach1998

While I do agree that her age isn’t doing her any favors for airplay, I think it is important to acknowledge that she probably has the least momentum now that she’s ever had, following the lowest peaking single of her career; one that sold/streamed extremely poorly. That definitely effects radio’s reception and quickness to want to convert a song as quickly.

adam1995

If this one is truly streaming as well as people say, then it will connect on radio eventually. Radio is the slowest format to catch up to anything.

Also, as mentioned she's over 40 and her momentum this era is dead. She can build it back, but it will take time. This isn't going to be an instant hit. Almost nothing she releases anymore will be instant. Hits will come more slowly now.

LilUnderwood

Don't know about others but Carly Pearce's new song was the most added song with like 93 or 94 new adds.
True but also she has Chris Stapleton on the song with her so I wonder if that’s helped it to be the most added. I wonder had it been just her would it have had the same amount of adds?

CU4ever

While I do agree that her age isn’t doing her any favors for airplay, I think it is important to acknowledge that she probably has the least momentum now that she’s ever had, following the lowest peaking single of her career; one that sold/streamed extremely poorly. That definitely effects radio’s reception and quickness to want to convert a song as quickly.
If this one is truly streaming as well as people say, then it will connect on radio eventually. Radio is the slowest format to catch up to anything.

Also, as mentioned she's over 40 and her momentum this era is dead. She can build it back, but it will take time. This isn't going to be an instant hit. Almost nothing she releases anymore will be instant. Hits will come more slowly now.
I agree. People need to lower their expectations. She has zero momentum right now and she has to get it back through a slow/medium paced climb. Starting slow doesn’t mean OOTT won’t hit, it most likely will, it just means the chart run is going to be slow, which is perfectly normal after having the lowest peaking single of her career. This will be fine, it just will take its time climbing the chart in the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.