Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out Of That Truck

Hil

Artists release songs all the time just keep their name in the headlines which may be part of her reasoning for doing this while she waits to release an actual LP. Perhaps a deluxe album is in the works too. I say enjoy the song and get out of your head 😉
I am enjoying the song, but I like discussing things when there's something to talk about. You'll notice I'm MIA when it's quiet. When there's something to talk about....I wanna talk about it and get others opinions lol. I know you didn't mean that rude, and my response certainly was said in the same way as yours. :)

montdu39

Hmm, that interview has me worried that it is actually just a gift to the fans. Regardless, the promo and playlist positioning it has been given is really great. Already a million streams!!

Hil

Hmm, that interview has me worried that it is actually just a gift to the fans. Regardless, the promo and playlist positioning it has been given is really great. Already a million streams!!
I wonder why they'd be pushing it this hard if it's nothing more than a gift? Her team aren't the best at playlists etc. It's getting single treatment without being a single...yet, at least.

Also, one person gets "soon," another gets that it's nothing more than a gift. I like how far off we all are on our perspectives on this 😂

montdu39

I wonder why they'd be pushing it this hard if it's nothing more than a gift? Her team aren't the best at playlists etc. It's getting single treatment without being a single...yet, at least.

Also, one person gets "soon," another gets that it's nothing more than a gift. I like how far off we all are on our perspectives on this 😂
She blatantly says in the interview that she just wanted to give something to the fans for her birthday. My guess is they are testing streaming and once they see the response, they may consider it as a single. I’m not sure why else they would be promoting it so heavily since it’s not an official single.

Hil

She blatantly says in the interview that she just wanted to give something to the fans for her birthday. My guess is they are testing streaming and once they see the response, they may consider it as a single. I’m not sure why else they would be promoting it so heavily since it’s not an official single.
I know, but I guess the point I'm making in general is that yes, she gave it to fans on her birthday, but is it part of a bigger project?! She also says at the beginning of the quote I posted that she's "always working on something." So that makes me think she was working on an EP, or a deluxe and decided to debut this song on her birthday. That could be completely wrong. I love the song though. Listening to HMH and OOTT back to back on the podcast made me think OOTT might do a lot better. While I think HMH is awesome live, and I do love it, I also think OOTT might do better on radio. It's a very easy listen.

montdu39

I know, but I guess the point I'm making in general is that yes, she gave it to fans on her birthday, but is it part of a bigger project?! She also says at the beginning of the quote I posted that she's "always working on something." So that makes me think she was working on an EP, or a deluxe and decided to debut this song on her birthday. That could be completely wrong. I love the song though. Listening to HMH and OOTT back to back on the podcast made me think OOTT might do a lot better. While I think HMH is awesome live, and I do love it, I also think OOTT might do better on radio. It's a very easy listen.
I totally hope you’re right! And yes, OOTT is perfect for radio. It’s a lot easier to listen to if that makes sense. Lighter, catchier, and better melody in my opinion.

Hil

I capped the interview for those who want to hear it.

I also wonder if Carrie will start putting out singles in btwn albums if this isn't attached to anything. The music landscape is different than it used to be. People are constantly putting out music. Maybe she'll put out music and release an album every couple of years so it won't be as long of a drought, then tour for both of them? Idk I just have a feeling this isn't as simple as a one off she went into the studio for. I think there's probably something else.

angeliccarrie

I agree about HMH. It's a good song ang great live, but it's not a song to play over and over. OOTT is a song to listen to on repeat

Hil

I actually thought HMH was a good single choice at the time. I mean, obviously it didn't connect, but I thought it was super catchy, and still love listening to it. OOTT has an older school Carrie vibe. And kinda sounds like something Faith might have sang back in the day. I love that sound. I do think it will do well.

Zach1998

I actually think HMH was a good single choice at the time. It sounded like something that would fit with radio, and radio was even fully on board at the beginning, but consumer interest just never picked up. I don't fault them for making it a single at all, as I thought it would be something that would work easily too. It just didn't work out as planned. There's no issue with that. My only issue will be if they squander a hit in favor if propping up an song that isn't going to go anywhere.

CU4ever

Yeah that's the part that upset me. I thought it was a bad single choice and was shocked when it was flying up the charts, especially since Carrie had little momentum. Unfortunately it has abysmal streams and testing so only radio liked it, I guess.

I would like them to move on already from HMH, but I feel like there's not even a strong chance they'd release this as a single. For all we know, they will drop HMH and release Garden lol.

PRGuy79

I am hopeful that we will get more context about the label's strategy after tonight's show in Seattle. Once the tour wraps, they will likely do a news release recapping the stats and, perhaps, what is coming next.

CU4ever

I am hopeful that we will get more context about the label's strategy after tonight's show in Seattle. Once the tour wraps, they will likely do a news release recapping the stats and, perhaps, what is coming next.
Agreed. Carrie even says she asks what's next when every tour is over, so I'm sure something is coming by summer

Reactions: Hil

NC State Carrie Fan

First week streams:

Out of That Truck
Friday - 214,727
Saturday - 153,620 (368,347)
Sunday - 117,610 (485,797)
Monday - 130,632 (616,589)
Tuesday - 128,967 (745,556)
Wednesday - 133,581 (879,137)
Thursday - 136,282 (1,015,419)

First week streams: