Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Ryan selected as running mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi314CA

Thanks for the post, Becca. Hopefully, the ensuing "arguments" will be on issues and not personal. IMO, I love the choice as this puts the national deficit and spending issue front and center.

Carrie Country

Romney/Ryan LOL!!!!!!! These two clowns doesn't stand a chance come November. If elected things will just end up how they were when Bush was president. Right when Obama is working on getting us out of that mess which he is now. Romney just handed Obama his second term by making this decision!!!

Pi314CA

Obama's 3.5 yr track records of getting us out of this mess is not that impressive... using Obama's 2008 campaign slogan: it's time for a change. Ryan>>>Biden. Just look at what each gentlemen has done in the last 3.5 yrs.

bigbluegrl23

uh o :p haha... although, and this isn't a political statement, just something I heard from my professor in a business class I was taking. He said all economies have up and downs. and the fact of the matter is, most of the time there is no magic plan to fix it. an economy will always have upswings and downswings.
Becca

clh_hilary

He’s less conservative on social issues.
Ryan generally avoids social issues like gay rights, a fact that has sometimes gotten him in trouble with conservative activists. In 2007, he voted for a bill that would ban employment discrimination based on sexual orientation. He explained his vote because he had friends “who didn’t choose to be gay… they were just created that way.” He later lamented that he “took a lot of crap” for that stance. He’s also backed versions of the DREAM and he voted for the auto bailout – a smart move representing a district that lost nearly 17,000 jobs after GM and Chrysler shuttered facilities there.

Read more: Eight Things You Should Know About Romney Running Mate Paul Ryan | Swampland | TIME.com

Carrie Country

Obama's 3.5 yr track records of getting us out of this mess is not that impressive... using Obama's 2008 campaign slogan: it's time for a change. Ryan>>>Biden. Just look at what each gentlemen has done in the last 3.5 yrs.

But who caused this mess? BUSH a republican! What are Romney and Ryan? Republicans and their plan is to take us right back where we were. Meanwhile Obama is getting us out as we speak slowly but surely. Nobody ever said it was going to happen over night. And if Romney thinks he can turn this country around that fast he's delusional. It's in such a huge mess there's no quick fix!!

nanna05

Ronald Reagan did , he put measures in to create jobs quickly and lower taxes across the board to ignite growth in businesses. It had a huge impact and changed our economy. I think your professor may be just a little biased, lol. Just saying, facts are facts....job creation is a big issue and whether you are Rep or Dem it is still the main issue. We have lost so many jobs because of over regulations of the EPA and government and it has impacted our economy. There has to be some middle ground. It can't be competely right or completely left. It has to be middle mainstream. I'm not seeing that yet but for the sake of our country someone better go to that place for the American people. Sonebody needs to say enough is enough and let's worry about America's economy and growth. I'm concerned there are no Ronald Reagans left out there.

Carrie Country

Ronald Reagan did , he put measures in to create jobs quickly and lower taxes across the board to ignite growth in businesses. It had a huge impact and changed our economy. I think your professor may be just a little biased, lol. Just saying, facts are facts....job creation is a big issue and whether you are Rep or Dem it is still the main issue. We have lost so many jobs because of over regulations of the EPA and government and it has impacted our economy. There has to be some middle ground. It can't be competely right or completely left. It has to be middle mainstream. I'm not seeing that yet but for the sake of our country someone better go to that place for the American people. Sonebody needs to say enough is enough and let's worry about America's economy and growth. I'm concerned there are no Ronald Reagans left out there.

Ronald Reagan didn't take power of this country after George W Bush who created this biggest economic mess since the great depression. THE BIGGEST!!! I hate to argue over President Reagan because he was a great man. One of the last great republican presidents him and George H.W Bush! But it's the truth W ruined this country. And it doesn't matter who became president after him even if it wasn't Obama this mess would have been all in their hands too!!!

nanna05

I was disappointed with Bush also but he didnt create this "mess" by himself. Dodd and Frank, Freddie Mac, and a few others exploded the housing mess with laws that were passed and little accountablity or oversight for banking loans. there was corruption and a bubble that just happened to break during the end of Bush's term. This could not of occured by the actions of one man. Laws were passed by Congress that lead to crisis. Many people contributed to it both Rep and Dem, Bush was just in office at the time. I'm not saying he didn't have issues or am I defending him...just saying giving billions of dollars to people for house loans who had no means of paying them created the housing crisis and a domino effect. It is unfair to blame one man for something that was caused by many Dems and Reps. just saying... it is never black or white but usually grey.

Pi314CA

I thought this thread is to discuss Ryan as the VP choice for Romney, perhaps his qualifications, his body of work, etc. Apparently not. So, I'm outta here.

Status
Not open for further replies.