Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pollstar Touring Award

carebear4eva

Just a reminder everyone, the Pollstar Touring Awards are to be announced on February 5, 2011, at the Nokia Center in LA. Carrie is nominated for her Play On Tour, for Most Creative Stage Production. I doubt it will be aired on any TV channel, but will probably be streamed live.
Given Carrie's recent spate of bad luck, I wouldn't get my hopes up. But here's wishing her luck!

undrwood9098

To be totally honest, she could easily beat out Lady Gaga and Roger Walters because their stage production was as great as Carrie's or Muse.

Yeah, Lady Gaga is obviously the much bigger star of the other 3 nods in the category, but if they base it off of Stage Production, Carrie could seriously have a big chance at winning. Muse seems like her only real competition, IMO, because they had a "city-like" stage production. Carrie's however, blew it away (biased, yeah :D) with rising platforms, spinning pieces, a flying truck, a swinging bench, and the virtual jumbo-screens in the background.

carebear4eva

You guys are welcome for the reminder.
Obviously, I think Carrie should win, but not just because I'm a fan. She definitely had the most creative production, at least over GaGa. I don't know about Muse. The only problem is that she didn't have any back-up dancer/performers that GaGa and even the ditzy dimwit SWSRN always indulge in. All their shows will have a thousand and one people doing silly twirls and pelvic thrusts, so as to take away attention from shoddy incapable vocals, which needless to say Carrie does not need. Just hope that these people don't take that as a factor to vote against Carrie.

Cross your fingers then. We have about 36 hours left.

carebear4eva

We should have the results out by the end of the day. It's night here in Dubai, though, so I'm off to bed. Hope for good news when I wake up :)

cpeTN89

Hope we finally win something this year! Not going to get my hopes up though even though she definitely deserves it.

maryleepj

According to their site, the doors to the award show open at 6:30 PM in LA which wouldn't be until 8:30 central time. So we probably won't know until late tonight or tomorrow.

Jade_kt

^^^Thanks for the information. For some reason I thought it was occuring on Friday not today...lol. My bad.

carebear4eva

So, the doorsto the awards have about just opened.....News should be out in an hour, 2 hours max :)

if anyone does find a link for an online stream, please post here. I'm looking myself, but haven't found anything.

carebear4eva

Sorry, guys, no luck finding a link....Guess we'll have to rely on Google.

Tee, if you see this, you're generally the one with the plan....think we'll find a stream? and do u think Carrie will attend?

teesharky

I can't seem to find a stream. I am not sure if they are big enough for that?

But I will keep checking.

I thought maybe Carrie might attend, but there are no wireimage pix up yet for this event......so maybe the celebs don't attend? just their labels and such?

carebear4eva

I can't seem to find a stream. I am not sure if they are big enough for that?

But I will keep checking.

I thought maybe Carrie might attend, but there are no wireimage pix up yet for this event......so maybe the celebs don't attend? just their labels and such?

It does seem that way. I just hope there's SOMEONE who represent Carrie who is attending. And it definitely seems like they're not big enough. Although i don't get why they'd rent out the Nokia Theater (isn't that the huge Idol arena?) if they weren't gonna be recording and airing (or at least streaming) it!

carebear4eva

Oh, BTW, I was just checking out their profiles. It looks like Carrie's category is one of the biggest awards of the night. Also, there are LOADS of categories. Which means we'll probably know the result only towards the far end of the show, in about 3-4 hours.

Jade_kt

yeah I won't get my hopes up for a win but it would be a great if she does get the win. I'm just happy she was nominated, especially since she and her team worked hard to put a show.