Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pollstar Touring Award

undrwood9098

^^^Agreed.
Take Dierks Bentley for example. I'm not saying Carrie needs to take this specific route, but she needs to take this kind of risk...

Dierks was slammed on the majority of his previous albums, and he took more time than he usually did to make his most recent album, "Up on the Ridge". When he released UOTR in June/July of 2010, he was suddenly the "Cinder-fella" of Country music. He took his time, he took a different direction, and it paid off. Carrie needs to take some tips from him. I love Dierks, so if she did some sort of collaboration with him (writing, duet, etc.), I think it could be an insta-hit.

I'm just using DB for example because Carrie needs to have another massive breakthrough, both critically and publicly.

tcnole1

I know. I hope Carrie sticks to a theme this time, does more love songs, more happy upbeat songs, soft production, and a more organic, Dixie Chicks sound for this album.

If she sticks to the same formula of the first 3 albums, she is going to get slammed by the critics again, and she won't; gain any ground.

She needs to take a risk, and go in a different direction this time.

For any of that to happen Carrie would need to be open to a new producer and different song writers, but I don't see that happening... Unfortunately, I think it will be the same people, same sound... lots of over produced songs with Carrie screaming high notes to show everyone that she can do that, and it will continue her trend of selliing less and less CD's and the critics will be indifferent to the CD... I think she needs to go in the opposite direction, less sound, less production, and show people she can show emotion in a song similiar to Miranda's the house that built me...

littlefolkgal

New Album

You know Carrie did such an amazing job with Neon Moon. I wish she would record an album that was like that song. It was very county and she really has the voice for that. she sounded different and it was awesome! An album like that could beat anyone else. I think that is the only reason Miranda Lambert has gotten so many nominations. Her album is so darn country. Her voice can 't compare to Carries. This is why I think Carrie would blow them away with something like this. Look at how she sounded doing Loretta Lynn's song too.

Jade_kt

For any of that to happen Carrie would need to be open to a new producer and different song writers, but I don't see that happening... Unfortunately, I think it will be the same people, same sound... lots of over produced songs with Carrie screaming high notes to show everyone that she can do that, and it will continue her trend of selliing less and less CD's and the critics will be indifferent to the CD... I think she needs to go in the opposite direction, less sound, less production, and show people she can show emotion in a song similiar to Miranda's the house that built me...

No I don't think Carrie needs to do more old, traditional country songs but I do think she should go for more softer, less production, or more organic sounds on the next album. Songs like SWISLY or TH for example. But I do think she should steer away from any boy bashing songs though since she's already done that. She needs different themes to sing about.

epicamends

I've never heard Carrie "screaming" in a song. Sorry, I'm just very defensive of that. Why should Carrie be punished and told she is just "screaming" simply because she has such a strong, amazing range. In fact, I think she toned in down a TON on Play On. The production and her vocals were much more understated on PO than they were on CR. She is already taking a lot of chances and doing new things with her sound and vocals, and I think that will continue on album #4.

The trend of selling less CDs has to do with the state of the CD market, not with the quality of Carrie's albums.

You want to talk Carrie showing emotion? DFTRM, JTTW, IKYW, JAD, YWFT, ITYS, MS, Change, SWISLY, TH, etc... All are great examples of Carrie putting a ton of emotion into her songs.

AIgrl06

Where are you guys seeing the winners?

Too bad that Carrie didn't win, but this isn't a big award or anything. And the brick wall thing sounds in-freaking-credible!!!

Ty

same people,
I kinda doubt that. A whole slew of new writers were featured on Play On. And, as shown by the songwriting databases, she written with like...everybody. Well, not everybody but I mean she really covered her bases for better or worst. I'm sure we'll see new names next time around.

lots of over produced songs with Carrie screaming high notes to show everyone that she can do that
I think the whole 'screaming high notes to show off' thing was pretty much did away with on Play On. As far as over-production goes well that has always been an issue with Bright's production but there was definitely some growth from Carnival Ride to Play On. I'd like to think the next album will continue with that growth.

t will continue her trend of selliing less and less CD's
That's decreasing album sales in general & lack of a crossover hit.

show people she can show emotion in a song similiar to Miranda's the house that built me...
'Someday When I Stop Loving You'

teesharky

agree. But if they had released SWISLY, that would have been a step in the right direction, don't you think? The problem is they are releasing the wrong singles. If they had released SWISLY, I think people would have taken more notice of this album. They really screwed up on the singles.

Oklahoma Wind also needs to be on this album. And no more Kara!

Also, I think Play On's production was softer then Carnival Ride's.... but she can go a little softer, more like a cross between Dixie Chicks and Leanne Womak. That would be really pretty.

Someone needs to sit her down and say-- Carrie: It is time to deviate from the formula of bad boy edgy songs and big inspriational ballads.

They need to stick to a theme, and pick songs that flow nicely, not just randomly stick in a charity single (Change) with a religious themed song (TH) and then edgy bad boy songs, etc. Those songs disrupted the theme that Play On started off with-- relationships (CC, Quitter, MS, etc).

Jade_kt

Are you sure you're a Carrie fan?

I've never heard Carrie "screaming" in a song.

The trend of selling less CDs has to do with the state of the CD market, not with the quality of Carrie's albums.

Carrie doesn't scream but I do think she tends to go for high notes alot, especially on the CR album. I think she toned it down on PO but the songs they are releasing tend to be the songs that have more production or high notes than more softer ones, like SWISLY for example. Plus, I think her label should have released the best songs on the album and instead kind of messed that up halfway through it. I'm just glad that TH was released because that song is getting her the most attention and nominations as far as the grammy's for example.

Jade_kt

I think they should have released SWISLY. Kind of sad they didn't but oh well. On to the next album :D

Jade_kt

Maybe if Carrie does more of an acoustic tour this next time around, we will see even more softer/organic songs from Carrie.

teesharky

yeah but if she does an acoustic tour, she will NEVER win EOTY. They will say it lacked big production and was boring, not good enough for EOTY. I hope she does that someday, but right now, everyone will be expecting a big production after the PO tour. Anything less will be a let down.

When she is older, she can do whatever she wants.

countrymusicfan15

Well, I think every single song on every single album was sung just right! And it will be the same on the next one too. What's with all this complaining lately? lol Optimism is the way to go! It's just frustrating to see Carrie fans criticizing her in a time when she could really use the support and positive thinking!

teesharky

^ I think I just want her to start winning awards again. Carrie is getting snubbed so much lately, and losing everything, that I think some of us are trying to think of ways she can turn things around. She needs to make the next album so amazing that it cannot be denied.

I loved all 3 albums too--- but I am tired of carrie losing and getting passed over by Taylor and Miranda! The critics worship their albums, and despise Carrie's. Something has to give to try to improve upon her already amazing albums. They are already great--- but they can always be better. I think she hasn't even tapped her full potential yet. She needs to take over the top again, and show them who is boss! lol

Jade_kt

True :D I think we are just still recuping from the snub is all. I think it will get better once Carrie finally releases a single or new music.....lol. Then we will be too distracted to care about the rest...lol. Things will be back to normal in Carrieland and we will be happy :D

undrwood9098

It's just frustrating to see Carrie fans criticizing her in a time when she needs could really use the support and positive thinking!

I don't think we're criticizing her. We're just hoping that she makes an album that tops the other 3. :)

I'm personally always going to support her through thick and thin. I just want her to take her time with this 4th album.