Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pollstar Touring Award

teesharky

I just feel like Carrie can never catch a break these days. lol

I don't care that much about this award--- don't get me wrong--- but it feels like awards come so easy to Lady A, Miranda, and everyone else these days. But poor Carrie just can't win anymore.

Jade_kt

New touring artist: Lady Antebellum
wow Lady A won, but Carrie lost. Figures. :(

Nothing going our way lately.

I have seen Lady Antebellum in concert when I saw Tim Mcgraw and they are pretty good live and so I'm happy for them. Still think they aren't ready for EOTY until they headline their own tour but I liked them in concert and think they will be successful when they do headline their own tour. I especially liked American Honey live. But for me, Tim Mcgraw was who I came to see and he didn't disappoint. Lady Antebellum was pretty good too.

knewman19

Well, Im gonna take the Hollywood Bowl as an indirect award to Carrie, cuz she performed there!
my feeling is that when the people who voted saaw carries show is was at the hollywood bowl so they didn't get to see all of carries stage production but they liked what they saw enough to nominate her :)

carebear4eva

I just feel like Carrie can never catch a break these days. lol

I don't care that much about this award--- don't get me wrong--- but it feels like awards come so easy to Lady A, Miranda, and everyone else these days. But poor Carrie just can't win anymore.

Totally know what you mean :-(

teesharky

yeah that is a nice feather in Nashville's cap.

Though I am so anti-country music right now that I almost don't care. lol

teesharky

Thank GOD! SWSRN lost too! Woohooo!!! Best news all day! lol

It is pretty sad that the only good news, is when someone we don't like, loses.... lol

teesharky

Roger Waters won tour of the year. wow. Did he even tour all that much? I didn't even know he was on tour, nor did I care. No offense. lol

carebear4eva

Yes....Suck it, SWSRN!!! I had never heard of this Roger Walters guy.....Hated him for beating Carrie, but LOVING him right now!

undrwood9098

This award wasn't all that major, and the fact that Roger Waters (the least-known, IMO, of the 4, and didn't even have great stats for his tour like Carrie, Lady Gaga, or Muse) is kind of weird, but whatever. I'm not upset by it. Congrats to him, and to Lady A, too!

And congrats to whoever beat SWSRN. Hopefully this could be a (slight) indication that she won't be totally rampant this year in awards ceremonies... *I totally know I'm wrong about that, ugh...*

I seriously just want Carrie to make the best freakin' album she ever could. I want her to make an album that will knock the socks off of the music industry, and then shove it in everyone's faces that she's here to stay, and isn't just another Country bombshell that stays for 5 years then gets replaced by the next.

undrwood9098

I just looked up the "Roger Waters" tour thingy, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. While I still think a flying truck surpasses everything else the touring industry has seen this year, Waters had a 35-foot tall "brick" wall that displayed tons of different movie scenes and theatrics during the performance, and then at the end of the scenery/performances, the wall collapsed on stage.

That's pretty freakin' awesome, too. Not on the same level as a flying truck, but it's on a pretty high caliber if you ask me.

cpeTN89

I just looked him up. It looks like he was the co-lead vocalist of Pink Floyd and one of the founders of the group. Heard of Pink Floyd but had never heard of him lol.

teesharky

This award wasn't all that major, and the fact that Roger Waters (the least-known, IMO, of the 4, and didn't even have great stats for his tour like Carrie, Lady Gaga, or Muse) is kind of weird, but whatever. I'm not upset by it. Congrats to him, and to Lady A, too!

And congrats to whoever beat SWSRN. Hopefully this could be a (slight) indication that she won't be totally rampant this year in awards ceremonies... *I totally know I'm wrong about that, ugh...*

I seriously just want Carrie to make the best freakin' album she ever could. I want her to make an album that will knock the socks off of the music industry, and then shove it in everyone's faces that she's here to stay, and isn't just another Country bombshell that stays for 5 years then gets replaced by the next.

I know. I hope Carrie sticks to a theme this time, does more love songs, more happy upbeat songs, soft production, and a more organic, Dixie Chicks sound for this album.

If she sticks to the same formula of the first 3 albums, she is going to get slammed by the critics again, and she won't; gain any ground.

She needs to take a risk, and go in a different direction this time.