Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pollstar Touring Award

lab

:sunny::sunny::sunny:After the "PHENOMENAL SUCCESS" of Carrie, "TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF AWARDS" and "CRITICALLY AND COMMERCIALLY SUCCESSFUL "CARNIVAL RIDE CONCERT TOURS" AND "PLAY ON LIVE CONCERT TOURS", "CARRIE'S EXTRAORDINARY GREAT STATUS RIGHT NOW", etc. ....... You are still complaining???????? SERIOUSLY!!! YOU ARE IN "A GREAT AND PERFECT DIRECTION", CARRIE!!!!! Continue what you are doing.:sunny::sunny::sunny:

epicamends

yeah but if she does an acoustic tour, she will NEVER win EOTY. They will say it lacked big production and was boring, not good enough for EOTY. I hope she does that someday, but right now, everyone will be expecting a big production after the PO tour. Anything less will be a let down.

When she is older, she can do whatever she wants.

Carrie did everything she could have possibly done this year to qualify for EOTY and she was still snubbed. I don't want her to base her career choices on whether or not they will win her awards - I just want her to follow her heart. At this point, if an acoustic tour is what she wants to do, I'd be all for it.

undrwood9098

Carrie did everything she could have possibly done this year to qualify for EOTY and she was still snubbed. I don't want her to base her career choices on whether or not they will win her awards - I just want her to follow her heart. At this point, if an acoustic tour is what she wants to do, I'd be all for it.

I agree with this 100%. I don't want her basing a career off of thoughts, such as "What could I do to get this or that award?" I want her to continue her immense career through her heart and what feels right. If awards and nominations is what it leads to, then keep the formula going. If not, oh well. :)

teesharky

I am always going to support Carrie too, even if she loses every award from now till the day she retires. lol But I guess I just want her to release the best album of her career, and one that is actually LIKED by the dang critics for once. lol That would lead to more buzz and awards.

Then again, they might trash it anyway since the critics don't really like Carrie due to her being from AI. But still. It is always good to aspire to do better, even if no one gives you proper credit.

countrymusicfan15

^ I think I just want her to start winning awards again. Carrie is getting snubbed so much lately, and losing everything, that I think some of us are trying to think of ways she can turn things around. She needs to make the next album so amazing that it cannot be denied.

I loved all 3 albums too--- but I am tired of carrie losing and getting passed over by Taylor and Miranda! The critics worship their albums, and despise Carrie's. Something has to give to try to improve upon her already amazing albums. They are already great--- but they can always be better. I think she hasn't even tapped her full potential yet. She needs to take over the top again, and show them who is boss! lol

Yeah, hopefully Carrie's 4th album is as critically acclaimed as it is loved by the fans. Ya never know...it could wind up being the best album of all-time! Carrie definitely has the voice for that to happen.

teesharky

true. But I kind of like the bells and whistles. lol I loved the big screens and flashy lights and cool stage, etc, on the PO tour. I am not a huge fan of acoustic tours as they just sit there on a stool and sing. That is ok for a tiny piano bar settiing, but I like Carrie doing big arenas for now. She still hasn't booked Madison Square Garden yet, and that is a personal goal of mine for her. lol

For an international tour though, I think acoustic is the way to go. She isn't that well known overseas anyway, so she will be in tiny venues anyway. She may as well save money and just go with a sparce production and acoustic tour. Just get overseas-- even if it is with just a stool and your guitar. That would be a start. lol

Jade_kt

^^^Well I still think Carrie can have the big production tour as far as the staging goes but have songs that are more organic/softer and less overproduction songs like Brad for example. He has alot of bells and whistles at his concerts as far as the staging goes (i.e. his big screen and video production) but his vocal are toned down (i.e. he doesn't have alot of high notes in this songs and his tone is soft) and he mainly plays the guitar.

I liked it when Carrie sang Whiskey Lullaby w/ Brad for example, it was soft but sweet. Carrie does that w/ SWISLY too imo. So I like to see some of those types of songs being released as singles too rather than the high production songs where Carrie has to sing loud over to be heard over the background noise. I secretly think Carrie just likes to rock out and so that is why she goes for songs like that because it is fun for her. But she should change it up and add more variety to it and release some songs that are more soft but sweet. Carrie has done that from her CR to PO era (just don't think they released them as singles). She should continue on that path w/ the next album and release those songs as singles.

Last edited:

teesharky

^ Oh I agree. I loved Whiskey Lullaby! I love that style of singing. I want Carrie to do something with Allison Krauss someday. I am very very surprised she has not reached out to her yet. Allison is a perfectionist and immensely respected. It would be a win win.

epicamends

true. But I kind of like the bells and whistles. lol I loved the big screens and flashy lights and cool stage, etc, on the PO tour. I am not a huge fan of acoustic tours as they just sit there on a stool and sing. That is ok for a tiny piano bar settiing, but I like Carrie doing big arenas for now. She still hasn't booked Madison Square Garden yet, and that is a personal goal of mine for her. lol

For an international tour though, I think acoustic is the way to go. She isn't that well known overseas anyway, so she will be in tiny venues anyway. She may as well save money and just go with a sparce production and acoustic tour. Just get overseas-- even if it is with just a stool and your guitar. That would be a start. lol

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love the big production stuff too. But I'd be okay with an acoustic tour, because Carrie has the voice and the songs to pull it off. I don't think she'd do a huge 108-city acoustic tour, but maybe a smaller acoustic tour, and hopefully some overseas stuff as well.

teesharky

I think Carrie should cut down on the number of cities she tours, and just book bigger venues and less dinky cities, so she can make more money that way, but have more time off to relax or make other cool events she always misses.

I also want her to have time to tour overseas, and touring 108 US and Canadian cities is kind of over-saturation of the market. She could tour 70 US/Canadian cities, and 20 International cities, and that would be perfect.

teesharky

:sunny::sunny::sunny:After the "PHENOMENAL SUCCESS" of Carrie, "TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF AWARDS" and "CRITICALLY AND COMMERCIALLY SUCCESSFUL "CARNIVAL RIDE CONCERT TOURS" AND "PLAY ON LIVE CONCERT TOURS", "CARRIE'S EXTRAORDINARY GREAT STATUS RIGHT NOW", etc. ....... You are still complaining???????? SERIOUSLY!!! YOU ARE IN "A GREAT AND PERFECT DIRECTION", CARRIE!!!!! Continue what you are doing.:sunny::sunny::sunny:

I think some of us are just so darn sick of Carrie losing, and being trashed by critics, that we want her to blow them out of the water next time. She has not even begun to reach her potential yet in my opinion. She is so talented, that I think her career defining best album yet, has yet to be written.

It is always nice to change things up a little and take some risks.

Jade_kt

^ Oh I agree. I loved Whiskey Lullaby! I love that style of singing. I want Carrie to do something with Allison Krauss someday. I am very very surprised she has not reached out to her yet. Allison is a perfectionist and immensely respected. It would be a win win.

Yes, I loved Whiskey Lullaby too. If Carrie had songs like that......WOW!!! I also wished LAM was released too. Oklahoma Wind would have been great too if it made the album.

diva101

I am always going to support Carrie too, even if she loses every award from now till the day she retires. lol But I guess I just want her to release the best album of her career, and one that is actually LIKED by the dang critics for once. lol That would lead to more buzz and awards.

Then again, they might trash it anyway since the critics don't really like Carrie due to her being from AI. But still. It is always good to aspire to do better, even if no one gives you proper credit.

agree with your post!

but let's not forget that we are the ones loving Carrie's music, so I don't think critics even matter nowadays. If you observe, TS got some serious love with the critics but her album is mediocre at best. (no offense to her fans!), and because music is very subjective to listeners, Critics can't control what the people will buy...