Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possibly NO MORE SINGLES From "Play On"

carriefanna

I was on twitter and it is now circulating that Artista has decided NOT to release anymore singles off of Carrie's third and amazing CD "Play On." This has many people on twitter upset, me included, anyone have a clue or imput? If so what do you think this means? A new cd out sooner than we think, Carrie's switching labels (leaving Artista), or she has a hidden single up her sleeve?? :)

allirishgirl

i seen this on twitter earlier & it said some guy from Arista (forgot his name) tweeted that there would be no more singles from PO. so i searched his name & on his account there was NO tweet about either Carrie or PO so idk where this all came from

Kizmet311

No offense to the OP, but do we have to have another thread about this? We've all been talking about it already on the Mediabase thread. Whatever is on twitter is speculation. Nothing is official until it comes from Carrie in a news release or on the fan club.

^And no, Carrie is not switching labels to our knowledge. The OP was just speculating as to the reason why a 5th single isn't being released.

teesharky

If you look in the songs chart thread, there is about 20 or 30 pages on this very issue, with many upset people, including me. lol

I tweeted Tony Thomas of KMPS Seattle, and also Bobby Bare from 93 Fm, and they both wrote back, saying PO is done. they said no more singles. I am very upset about it too. Tony Thomas did say he believes Carrie's next single is coming off a new album, but he didn't say it would be Carrie's new album. He kind of hinted that it would come off of a new album of some other artist. So this could mean a duet on someone else's album will be the next single. I really wanted SWISLY though. :(

I hope they have something special planned, like a collaboration with someone or a duet.

Carrie did blog and post several times that she did some special recordings we won't get to hear until 2011. She also recently posted on the FC that she did not do a duet with Kelly Clarkson, but she did do some collabs with other people, and is planning to do more collabs with others this year.

So my best guess, is that the next radio single will be a special surprise with a duet with someone, hopefully hitting radio soon. I just hope we don't have to wait too much longer to find out or I will die of waitiing. lol

Suellen

If you look in the songs chart thread, there is about 20 or 30 pages on this very issue, with many upset people, including me. lol

I tweeted Tony Thomas of KMPS Seattle, and also Bobby Bare from 93 Fm, and they both wrote back, saying PO is done. they said no more singles. I am very upset about it too. Tony Thomas did say he believes Carrie's next single is coming off a new album, but he didn't say it would be Carrie's new album. He kind of hinted that it would come off of a new album of some other artist. So this could mean a duet on someone else's album will be the next single. I really wanted SWISLY though. :(

I hope they have something special planned, like a collaboration with someone or a duet.

Carrie did blog and post several times that she did some special recordings we won't get to hear until 2011. She also recently posted on the FC that she did not do a duet with Kelly Clarkson, but she did do some collabs with other people, and is planning to do more collabs with others this year.

So my best guess, is that the next radio single will be a special surprise with a duet with someone, hopefully hitting radio soon. I just hope we don't have to wait too much longer to find out or I will die of waitiing. lol
I wonder if he was referring to the song she sang on Loretta Lynn's new album -- sorry, I cannot remember the name of the song.

Carrie Country

For one a 5th single is going to happen there has already been rumors of what it's going to be.....and Carrie switching labels....I don't believe it for a second she Arista has been very good to her so there is no reason for that......I don't believe any of this!!!!

12russ79

I wonder if he was referring to the song she sang on Loretta Lynn's new album -- sorry, I cannot remember the name of the song.

You just hit on a great point and one that i havnt heard discussed at all!! What if Carries next single is YOUR LOOKING AT COUNTRY!!!! It would be the 2nd single off of Lorretas Tribute album HMMMMMM!!! I can see Carrie not releasing a song from her own album in trubute to Loretta and this song!!!! Suellan you may of just solved the mystery!!!!

Kizmet311

You just hit on a great point and one that i havnt heard discussed at all!! What if Carries next single is YOUR LOOKING AT COUNTRY!!!! It would be the 2nd single off of Lorretas Tribute album HMMMMMM!!! I can see Carrie not releasing a song from her own album in trubute to Loretta and this song!!!! Suellan you may of just solved the mystery!!!!

I don't think they will release another single from the Loretta tribute album. Besides, I don't know if it would even be Carrie's choice to release that single or Loretta's. They released "Coal Miner's Daughter" as the first single and I've never heard it on radio, so I don't think they would release another one.

12russ79

I don't think they will release another single from the Loretta tribute album. Besides, I don't know if it would even be Carrie's choice to release that single or Loretta's. They released "Coal Miner's Daughter" as the first single and I've never heard it on radio, so I don't think they would release another one.

Well its certainly a possibility! It would be Lorettas idea thats for sure. Kizmet what do you think Carrie would do if Loretta asked her if she could release YLAC as a single? Carrie would be honerd and she wouldnt release another single to compete against this song!! Now ill grant you its unlikely but it is possible!! And it fits right in with what both of the DJ's have said!!!

teesharky

she said in her blog that she would be recording some stuff for 2010, some for 2011. A week ago, she posted a blog that she had done some stuff in 2010 (that we haven't heard yet- I assume) and plans to record more with other people in 2011.

So I don't think it was Loretta Lynn as that cat was out of the bag long ago, since it was released in 2010 already. The album is already out. She was referring to new stuff we haven't heard yet.

One person is Randy Travis as that is already confirmed, and not a secret. But she mentioned it in the plural, as in more then one project.

teesharky

Well its certainly a possibility! It would be Lorettas idea thats for sure. Kizmet what do you think Carrie would do if Loretta asked her if she could release YLAC as a single? Carrie would be honerd and she wouldnt release another single to compete against this song!! Now ill grant you its unlikely but it is possible!! And it fits right in with what both of the DJ's have said!!!

I think that ship has sailed though. They released Coal Miner's Daughter months ago,. and it peaked long ago. They never released another single off that album, and they would have by now I think.

Certainly there is no reason to wait till spring since the song has been out since like November, right? not sure.

Plus, Carrie knows we knew about the Loretta Lynn thing awhile ago, but the new recordings we haven't heard yet are still to come, per her blogs and her recent post.

She specifically said, some of the secret recordings she did in 2010, were some that we would not see or hear until 2011.

12russ79

I think that ship has sailed though. They released Coal Miner's Daughter months ago,. and it peaked long ago. They never released another single off that album, and they would have by now I think.
Certainly there is no reason to wait till spring since the song has been out since like November, right? *not sure.
Plus, Carrie knows we knew about the Loretta Lynn thing awhile ago, but the new recordings we haven't heard yet are still to come, per her blogs and her recent post.
She specifically said, some of the secret recordings she did in 2010, were some that we would not see or hear until 2011.
Good points Tee!! I just love Loretta and to have Carries song be chosen by her to be a single would just be amazing!! But your right there was no reason to wait this long so i think we can probably eliminate this possibility!!!*

fearless_dancerrr

if indeed they aren't releasing anymore singles of PO i will find it incredibly mind-boggling. there are still a few songs left on the CD that are fit to be singles. seems a waste..

epicamends

It just seems kind of strange to stop PO at 4 singles when Carrie said not too long ago that there were 6-7 single possibilities. I never thought they'd go 7 deep, but I figured at least 5.

So either something strange is going on at the label, or they have something really big up their sleeves.

fearless_dancerrr

It just seems kind of strange to stop PO at 4 singles when Carrie said not too long ago that there were 6-7 single possibilities. I never thought they'd go 7 deep, but I figured at least 5.

So either something strange is going on at the label, or they have something really big up their sleeves.

maybe they're trying (and succeeding) to throw us for a loop. with all our little detectives on this site we usually figure out pretty well what carrie's next step is gonna be.

teesharky

I hope it is not a problem with her label. With Joe Galante leaving, Simon Fuller leaving, and both Alan Jackson, Martina, and Chuck Wicks leaving the label, all within a year, it is a bit scary.