Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possibly NO MORE SINGLES From "Play On"

teesharky

It is probably just unsolicited airplay like they did for TMBIM. There is that one station in Cleveland, too, that plays whatever Carrie songs they want... lol

I don't think 1 spin means much, though at this point I would take SLT over no single at all. I just think it is way too many edgy bad boy songs off one album. Not a good choice for that reason.

I just think this is unsolicited airplay though.

utlovescarrie

I hope it is not a problem with her label. With Joe Galante leaving, Simon Fuller leaving, and both Alan Jackson, Martina, and Chuck Wicks leaving the label, all within a year, it is a bit scary.
Even scarier is what Big Machine might do to Martina. THAT scares me. :fear2::fear2::fear2:

lab

I think that Tee was referring to Idol moving on from Sony to Universal...which, to me, has nothing to do with Carrie. Sony and Idol were in the contract, and decided not to renew it, at least that was my understanding of it. It happens...

I'm really starting to dread this "label talk"...in my opinion, it's unnesscessary!

ULTIMATELY, it is Carrie's decision. When THERE IS an ABRUPT CHANGE in the original plan like the release of "Carrie's Singles", THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENE. We already know that "19 Entertainment Limited", the company that Carrie declared in her blog that SHE IS IN THE "BESTEST HANDS", is HAVING A "REORGANIZATION PLAN" and alters the structure of their "MAJOR BUSINESS" through "TRANSFER" and "ABOLITION OF FUNCTIONS". EVERYBODY within the company WILL BE INVOLVED. "Universal Music Group, Inc." is the LARGEST RECORDING COMPANY, ANYWAY. LARGER THAN "SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT, INC." The Recording Company SELL CARRIE'S ALBUM AND SONGS, ONLY. And "19 Entertainment Limited" SELL "CARRIE UNDERWOOD AS A TOTAL ARTIST" AND THEREFORE "ALL THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OF CARRIE". But, everybody CAN BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT TO BELIEVE. NO PRESSURE. It is my OWN THEORY, ANYWAY.

thaifood

I think that ship has sailed though. They released Coal Miner's Daughter months ago,. and it peaked long ago. They never released another single off that album, and they would have by now I think.

Certainly there is no reason to wait till spring since the song has been out since like November, right? not sure.

Plus, Carrie knows we knew about the Loretta Lynn thing awhile ago, but the new recordings we haven't heard yet are still to come, per her blogs and her recent post.

She specifically said, some of the secret recordings she did in 2010, were some that we would not see or hear until 2011.

Let's be honest, if we can. Coal Miners Daughter...the single was a colaboration of Sheryl Crow, Miranda Lambert and Loretta Lynn. With the exception of Miranda, the other 2 have had almost no impact on Country radio in eons & even Miranda has not had the sucess that all her awards say she should have. Dead Flowers & Only Prettier were brutal & I have heard her new singlew just once & didn't much care for it either.

The single by Carrie could & probably would do great things.

thaifood

^ I thought he was going to Universal. I read that somewhere. I could be wrong though. I hope I am wrong.

Apparently, some Carrie fans tweeted Tony Thomas of KMPS today-- and he confirmed that PO is done. Here is his twitter account so you can read the entire conversation.

Tony Thomas KMPS (TonyThomas) on Twitter

The next Idol winner will go with Universal. RCA has pretty much destroyed the past 2 & possibly 3 winners by providing almost no support.

lilstar

I read a small article a few months back that said 19 was thinking of leaving Sony and going to Universal.They said the reason was that although sony had some success with Carrie and Kelly clarkson, they haven't been able to do much with other"Idols". i was worried where that would leave Carrie !! If 19 goes to Universal, can she go too? -or is she tied up with contracts??--i thought i would see something more about this --but nothing!!--I think this could very well have something to do with no new single ! --and no new tour for this year!!

Kizmet311

Even scarier is what Big Machine might do to Martina. THAT scares me. :fear2::fear2::fear2:

I've been following Martina on twitter and she's been all excited about recording her new album. Yesterday or the day before she said she was going to be playing most of the new album for her new label. I used to love Martina, but her last couple of albums and singles kind of lost me. I really hope she is recording some good material, because I would love to support her again. I don't think I've bought an album since Timeless or Martina. Can't remember which one was the last.

I have kind of resigned myself to being ok (like I have a choice, lol) if there are no more singles from PO. I still think they should release SWISLY, WCIS, TT or Quitter, though. I think the latter two would be good springtime songs, WCIS would be a great power ballad, and if THTBM and Stay can do well on radio, so can SWISLY.

thaifood

I read a small article a few months back that said 19 was thinking of leaving Sony and going to Universal.They said the reason was that although sony had some success with Carrie and Kelly clarkson, they haven't been able to do much with other"Idols". i was worried where that would leave Carrie !! If 19 goes to Universal, can she go too? -or is she tied up with contracts??--i thought i would see something more about this --but nothing!!--I think this could very well have something to do with no new single ! --and no new tour for this year!!

The bolded part has already happened. The next winner will record for Universal.

Country_Carrie

All I know is something really weird is going on...They better have something better up their sleeves of they're gonna just stop PO like this

Pi314CA

Just postulating: Carrie changing labels could be why there is no more PO singles, no PO Tour DVD, and Carrie being vague about future work (musically). Maybe, just maybe, any songwriting or recording will occur after a label change so that the current label will not have any rights to the work.

Again, just speculating.

I seriously doubt Carrie would be able to get out of her record deal even if she wanted to, recording contracts are very onerous and ironclad and last for 5-7 albums unless the label drops you first for poor sales. Kelly Clarkson tried to wriggle out of hers after the disagreement over her third album and no dice. Tim McGraw's famously been feuding with Curb for ages, and they keep releasing Greatest Hits (which don't count as part of the 5-7 studio albums for most recording contracts) to keep him locked in.

hjj

Of course we don't know the particulars but seem like Carrie's album recordings requirement were less than Kelly. I guess we will find out when it is time to find out what is happening.