Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possibly NO MORE SINGLES From "Play On"

FreeCountry22

It just seems kind of strange to stop PO at 4 singles when Carrie said not too long ago that there were 6-7 single possibilities. I never thought they'd go 7 deep, but I figured at least 5.

So either something strange is going on at the label, or they have something really big up their sleeves.

Well lets hope its something really big!!!

AIgrl06

If they were only going to go four singles deep, I wish they would've chosen differently than they did... but I'll stop with the negativity. There's no way they wouldn't release a fifth single unless they had something else, something bigger planned! There's going to be some sort of duet, I'll bet.

gocountrymusic

I know I'm coming late to the party, but does anyone think that maybe these rumors started because sources confused the meaning of promotional singles vs. released singles? I mean, its not often that all the promotional singles become the actual singles, so there may have been some confusion.

Either way, I am happy with what Play On has accomplished with only four singles. If she releases a new single, fantastic, if not, I just have faith in Carrie and her label in what their next move may be. I just hope we get some direction to whats going to happen soon.

hjj

Tee, what are you talking about Simon Fuller leaving? Chuck Wicks lost his deal. I think the Martina and Alan completed their deals and decide to move on.

teesharky

^ I thought he was going to Universal. I read that somewhere. I could be wrong though. I hope I am wrong.

Apparently, some Carrie fans tweeted Tony Thomas of KMPS today-- and he confirmed that PO is done. Here is his twitter account so you can read the entire conversation.

Tony Thomas KMPS (TonyThomas) on Twitter

lab

Tee, what are you talking about Simon Fuller leaving? Chuck Wicks lost his deal. I think the Martina and Alan completed their deals and decide to move on.

I think Tee is saying that Simon Fuller is leaving "Sony Music Entertainment, Inc." and had a new three year deal with "Universal Music Group, Inc." and the CEO OF THIS MUSIC COMPANY WILL BE INVOLVED IN THE "DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING" OF THE TOP 12 AMERICAN IDOL SHOW.

lab

^ I thought he was going to Universal. I read that somewhere. I could be wrong though. I hope I am wrong.

Apparently, some Carrie fans tweeted Tony Thomas of KMPS today-- and he confirmed that PO is done. Here is his twitter account so you can read the entire conversation.

Tony Thomas KMPS (TonyThomas) on Twitter

Looks like Carrie will join "Universal Music Group, Inc.", JUST MY OPINION. I will trust more "Simon Fuller" THAN "Sony Music Entertainment, Nashville". SIMON FULLER IS THE GREATEST, AS FAR AS CARRIE'S CAREER IS CONCERNED!!!

abbeyjones18

I think Tee is saying that Simon Fuller is leaving "Sony Music Entertainment, Inc." and had a new three year deal with "Universal Music Group, Inc." and the CEO OF THIS MUSIC COMPANY WILL BE INVOLVED IN THE "DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING" OF THE TOP 12 AMERICAN IDOL SHOW.

I think that Tee was referring to Idol moving on from Sony to Universal...which, to me, has nothing to do with Carrie. Sony and Idol were in the contract, and decided not to renew it, at least that was my understanding of it. It happens...

I'm really starting to dread this "label talk"...in my opinion, it's unnesscessary!

Carrie Country

I hope it is not a problem with her label. With Joe Galante leaving, Simon Fuller leaving, and both Alan Jackson, Martina, and Chuck Wicks leaving the label, all within a year, it is a bit scary.

Martina and Alan are leaving the label too? Hmmmmmmmm I wonder if this is all part of a come back plan for both of them I like them but they haven't had the success they did in years past!!!!

carriecountrystar

Martina and Alan are leaving the label too? Hmmmmmmmm I wonder if this is all part of a come back plan for both of them I like them but they haven't had the success they did in years past!!!!

martina has already left and signed with BIG MACHINES (taylor's label) several months ago. she's trying to go for a big comeback. her album might even be released as early as this spring...

carriecountrystar

Looks like Carrie will join "Universal Music Group, Inc.", JUST MY OPINION. I will trust more "Simon Fuller" THAN "Sony Music Entertainment, Nashville". SIMON FULLER IS THE GREATEST, AS FAR AS CARRIE'S CAREER IS CONCERNED!!!

I hope carrie will also go with "her people"-the ones who has had a big hand in her career then just stick around with a label just because...

Carrieflattsfan

If they were only going to go four singles deep, I wish they would've chosen differently than they did... but I'll stop with the negativity. There's no way they wouldn't release a fifth single unless they had something else, something bigger planned! There's going to be some sort of duet, I'll bet.

I would think something threw off the original plan, especially because Carrie was very vocal about wanting to go at least 5-6 singles deep for PO.

The only thing I can think of:

Carrie got asked to do so many side-projects later in the PO era, and the label didn't want her to release two more singles and projects with someone else. She's a big star, so it's possible her label pushed for her to record/release singles on other projects, then planned on releasing them to create promotion for her and the said artist.

If the rumors about the label change are true, I wouldn't think it push her back too much. MS is barely off its chart run, and usually if an artist is a big success, it seems they can transition pretty smoothly.

Carrie has also mentioned a few big projects in the near future; it seems odd that she would hint about all these new projects, if something so big was going on behind the scenes.

AdamLikesCarrie

Hey...Just received an email on the latest update of mediabase adds...
and this is what I get...I still think PO is not done.
RONNIE DUNN/Bleed Red (Arista) 41
REBA/If I Were A Boy (Starstruck/Valory) 26
RASCAL FLATTS/I Won't Let Go (Big Machine) 17
MIRANDA LAMBERT/Heart Like Mine (Columbia) 15
BAND PERRY/You Lie (Republic Nashville) 14
ZAC BROWN BAND/Colder Weather (Southern Ground/Atlantic/BPG) 12
JAMEY JOHNSON/Heartache (Mercury) 11
JACOB LYDA/I'm Doing Alright (DMG/Nine North) 9
STEEL MAGNOLIA/Last Night Again (Big Machine) 9
STEVE HOLY/Love Don't Run (Curb) 7
JOSH THOMPSON/Won't Be Lonely Long (Columbia) 6
ASHTON SHEPHERD/Look It Up (MCA) 5
EASTON CORBIN/I Can't Love You Back (Mercury) 5
CARTER'S CHORD/A Little Less Comfortable (Show Dog-Universal) 4
JOSH KELLEY/Georgia Clay (MCA) 4
JOSH TURNER/I Wouldn't Be A Man (MCA) 4
HARTERS/If I Run (BPG) 4
BRETT ELDREDGE/Raymond (Atlantic/WAR) 3
JOEY+RORY/That's Important To Me (Vanguard/Sugar Hill/BPG) 3
LITTLE BIG TOWN/Kiss Goodbye (Capitol) 3
STAR DE AZLAN/A Man Who Can Dance (Curb) 3
THOMPSON SQUARE/Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not (Stoney Creek) 3
TRACE ADKINS/Brown Chicken Brown Cow (Show Dog-Universal) 3
ADAM CRAIG BAND/Nothin' Wrong (American Roots/Quarterback) 2
COLT FORD/Country Thang (Average Joes) 2
DAVID ADAM BYRNES/Sweet Distraction (Better Angels/Ride) 2
JAMES WESLEY/Real (Broken Bow) 2
KEITH URBAN/Without You (Capitol) 2
LEANN RIMES/Crazy Women (Curb) 2
LEE BRICE/Beautiful Every Time (Curb) 2
LOCASH COWBOYS/Keep In Mind (Stroudavarious) 2
RANDY MONTANA/1,000 Faces (Mercury) 2
SARA EVANS/A Little Bit Stronger (RCA) 2
SUNNY SWEENEY/From A Table Away (Republic Nashville) 2
TROY OLSEN/Good Hands (EMI Nashville) 2
AARON LEWIS/Country Boy (Stroudavarious) 1
CARRIE UNDERWOOD/Songs Like This (19/Arista) 1
CHUCK WICKS/Old School (N2U/CO5) 1
CLAY WALKER/Where Do I Go From You (Curb) 1
DAVID NAIL/Let It Rain (MCA) 1
GRETCHEN WILSON/I'd Love To Be Your Last (Redneck) 1
GWYNETH PALTROW/Country Strong (RCA) 1
JANEDEAR GIRLS/Shotgun Girl (Warner Bros./WMN) 1
JASON ALDEAN/Dirt Road Anthem (Broken Bow) 1
JASON ALDEAN & KELLY CLARKSON/Don't You Wanna Stay (Broken Bow) 1
SARAH DARLING/Something To Do With Your ... (Black River) 1
SUGARLAND/Little Miss (Mercury) 1
UNCLE KRACKER f/KID ROCK/Good To Be Me (Top Dog/Atlantic/BPG) 1

Carrieflattsfan

Hey...Just received an email on the latest update of mediabase adds...
and this is what I get...I still think PO is not done.
RONNIE DUNN/Bleed Red (Arista) 41
REBA/If I Were A Boy (Starstruck/Valory) 26
RASCAL FLATTS/I Won't Let Go (Big Machine) 17
MIRANDA LAMBERT/Heart Like Mine (Columbia) 15
BAND PERRY/You Lie (Republic Nashville) 14
ZAC BROWN BAND/Colder Weather (Southern Ground/Atlantic/BPG) 12
JAMEY JOHNSON/Heartache (Mercury) 11
JACOB LYDA/I'm Doing Alright (DMG/Nine North) 9
STEEL MAGNOLIA/Last Night Again (Big Machine) 9
STEVE HOLY/Love Don't Run (Curb) 7
JOSH THOMPSON/Won't Be Lonely Long (Columbia) 6
ASHTON SHEPHERD/Look It Up (MCA) 5
EASTON CORBIN/I Can't Love You Back (Mercury) 5
CARTER'S CHORD/A Little Less Comfortable (Show Dog-Universal) 4
JOSH KELLEY/Georgia Clay (MCA) 4
JOSH TURNER/I Wouldn't Be A Man (MCA) 4
HARTERS/If I Run (BPG) 4
BRETT ELDREDGE/Raymond (Atlantic/WAR) 3
JOEY+RORY/That's Important To Me (Vanguard/Sugar Hill/BPG) 3
LITTLE BIG TOWN/Kiss Goodbye (Capitol) 3
STAR DE AZLAN/A Man Who Can Dance (Curb) 3
THOMPSON SQUARE/Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not (Stoney Creek) 3
TRACE ADKINS/Brown Chicken Brown Cow (Show Dog-Universal) 3
ADAM CRAIG BAND/Nothin' Wrong (American Roots/Quarterback) 2
COLT FORD/Country Thang (Average Joes) 2
DAVID ADAM BYRNES/Sweet Distraction (Better Angels/Ride) 2
JAMES WESLEY/Real (Broken Bow) 2
KEITH URBAN/Without You (Capitol) 2
LEANN RIMES/Crazy Women (Curb) 2
LEE BRICE/Beautiful Every Time (Curb) 2
LOCASH COWBOYS/Keep In Mind (Stroudavarious) 2
RANDY MONTANA/1,000 Faces (Mercury) 2
SARA EVANS/A Little Bit Stronger (RCA) 2
SUNNY SWEENEY/From A Table Away (Republic Nashville) 2
TROY OLSEN/Good Hands (EMI Nashville) 2
AARON LEWIS/Country Boy (Stroudavarious) 1
CARRIE UNDERWOOD/Songs Like This (19/Arista) 1
CHUCK WICKS/Old School (N2U/CO5) 1
CLAY WALKER/Where Do I Go From You (Curb) 1
DAVID NAIL/Let It Rain (MCA) 1
GRETCHEN WILSON/I'd Love To Be Your Last (Redneck) 1
GWYNETH PALTROW/Country Strong (RCA) 1
JANEDEAR GIRLS/Shotgun Girl (Warner Bros./WMN) 1
JASON ALDEAN/Dirt Road Anthem (Broken Bow) 1
JASON ALDEAN & KELLY CLARKSON/Don't You Wanna Stay (Broken Bow) 1
SARAH DARLING/Something To Do With Your ... (Black River) 1
SUGARLAND/Little Miss (Mercury) 1
UNCLE KRACKER f/KID ROCK/Good To Be Me (Top Dog/Atlantic/BPG) 1

Interesting find. I'm kind of over the PO era at this point, but SLT is an awesome upbeat single choice. ;)

The numbers seem a little off though.
After all, this IS Carrie Underwood we're talking about; if SLT was the new single, wouldn't there be a lot more adds??:confused:

allamericangirl8

Interesting find. I'm kind of over the PO era at this point, but SLT is an awesome upbeat single choice. ;)

The numbers seem a little off though.
After all, this IS Carrie Underwood we're talking about; if SLT was the new single, wouldn't there be a lot more adds??:confused:

This was discussed in the Mediabase thread. Just because one station adds a song does not automatically make this song a single. I think that exact station is the reason TMBIM charted.