Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**Prediction time: What will Good Girl be about??**

broker03

I was hoping for it to be along the lines of Fancy and Independence Day however after reading Carrie's description i am guessing a fun and easy song along the lines of cough cough....Taylor Swift. (but better written,more mature and less annoying of course)

countrymusicfan15

I think it'll be about a girl who is tired of being known as the "good girl" and finally breaks free and lives life how she has always wanted. So kinda like Independence Day in a weird way hahaa

teesharky

Well she said it is rocking, so we have to factor that in.

Maybe it is about a "good girl" who is sick of being a door mat and pushover-- so she fights back, and is now a tough girl you won't mess with. lol

Not sure. But it has to be either a sarcastic version of a good girl gone bad--- or someone who is tired of being good? lol

teesharky

I think it'll be about a girl who is tired of being known as the "good girl" and finally breaks free and lives life how she has always wanted. So kinda like Independence Day in a weird way hahaa

oh wow you and I posted almost the same thing without realizing it, at the same time. lol

AIgrl06

I also think it'll be about someone who's not a good girl anymore. That or like, everyone thinks she's a good girl but underneath she's not...? Am I making sense? Haha.

Claire2004

I was hoping for it to be along the lines of Fancy and Independence Day however after reading Carrie's description i am guessing a fun and easy song along the lines of cough cough....Taylor Swift. (but better written,more mature and less annoying of course)

You forgot much better vocals lol. Or is it stating the obvious? lol

broker03

So maybe this will be a girls anthem but AAG is that, no? Carrie has a sneaky and "bad" look to her on the single cover so that is promising.

Carrieflattsfan

I agree with you guys; I think "Good Girl" will be about how everyone has certain perceptions about Carrie, but she has that "bad girl" side to her too. It seems people have the perception that she's a goody-two-shoes type & I could see this being an anthem about how she's so much more than that. As someone also said, she's got a certain look in her eye on the single cover that suggests she's not always such a "good girl." :p. I don't think it'll be a boy-bashing song, but rather a mature, fun song about how Carrie is breaking free from her typical image and is more than a stereotypical pretty face who sings predictable songs. :)

Kenny_Chisholm

Personally, I hope it isn't about the whole good girl gone bad/ with a naughty side kind of thing as that would be rather obvious and sort of predictable.

I would love for it to be along the lines of "yes, I'm a good girl, I go to church, ain't nothing wrong with that" kind of song. Sound wise, I would love for it to be similar to that of FOTF, upbeat country sounding with lots of attitude as opposed to something like Undo It.

We shall see!

carriebest

i really hope that the song isn't about 'good girl go bad' that kinda song. It will ruin Carrie's image.

I hope it will be about : a girl who is known as a GOOD GIRL but people better don't mess with her because she can be a tough girl too. It's like another new meaning of GOOD GIRL.

Either way, i'm really looking forward to it :_

sur_crazy4carrie

Personally, I hope it isn't about the whole good girl gone bad/ with a naughty side kind of thing as that would be rather obvious and sort of predictable.

I would love for it to be along the lines of "yes, I'm a good girl, I go to church, ain't nothing wrong with that" kind of song. Sound wise, I would love for it to be similar to that of FOTF, upbeat country sounding with lots of attitude as opposed to something like Undo It.

We shall see!

Yeah, I'm with this. I don't want Carrie to sink to that whole 'you think I'm a good girl but blah blah blah' schtick. I'm hoping for a well written 'I don't give a flying f**k' song.

nanna05

I'm gonna guess in the music video she comes out dressed all conservative and when the chorus hits there will be some serious leg action woo!!!!

I think you are suffering from wishful thinking...lol
Carrie may surprise us this time with something off the wall. She said this album would be different. maybe so;)

nanna05

Yeah, I'm with this. I don't want Carrie to sink to that whole 'you think I'm a good girl but blah blah blah' schtick. I'm hoping for a well written 'I don't give a flying f**k' song.
I am hoping for this also. Just a good rock song with spirit and a " this good girl is having fun tonight after a long hard work week, so let's dance song".

Farawayhills

I think "Fancy" is a very good analogy. Carrie easily has the talent, the feel for a song, and the stage presence for it. If the song's in that league, it should take the Country critics and fans by storm.

When I saw the "darker" and "taking her to the next level" comments that was actually what I thought they might mean - including some songs that put Carrie's repertoire a little closer to artists like Bobbie Lee Gentry, Trisha Yearwood or Patty Loveless

(I'm sure the album will be varied - but I can't really see how going closer to Pop, or Taylor Swift's market is "taking her to the next level". I think we can expect at least a few more mature, edgy songs, maybe closer to classic Country, Southern Gothic, or Country Rock)

Zman312

Or maybe, just maybe the song is about how now a days girls think that guys want the bad girls who is dressing and acting a type a way but they really want/take the good girl home... It can be a anthem to being a good girl!

jaks_weyn

i hope it's about... good girls also know how to have fun... being a good girl doesn't mean she's boring... she can go out, have fun, be tough, enjoy her life... so there ain't nothing wrong being a good girl... The rock part means it's kind of rebellious... but in a way that it's inspiring girls who have been looked as boring, geeky, dorky, etc. to come out of their shells, have fun, and show everyone that you can party, you can be sexy, you can have fun without becoming naught, hurtful, nasty or anything that makes you bad... so yeah... I'm thinking it's kind of a song directed to women... or it can be a message to men to that tells 'em good girls are better than bad ones...

so i agree in some posts here... I hope it isn't the "everybody says I'm good, but I'm really a bad girl" kind of song... but who knows? it could even be something like "beware of good girls 'cause they destroy your car" song... Ahahaha... :D