Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11: Blown Away vs. Wine After Whiskey

Round 11: Blown Away vs. Wine After Whiskey

• Blown Away

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Wine After Whiskey

Votes: 37 51.4%

• Total voters

cole

Alright, so this is a huge, huge round! Blown Away, undefeated, 11 wins, all of that good stuff.....vs Wine After Whiskey!! Nothing more needs to be said on this. Vote for who you think should win, basically. Two great songs, either way. This should be exciting!

carebear4eva

As always, I'm gonna hold my vote until the absolute end...Only shall cast it if I can make a considerable difference.

I honestly haven't made up my mind yet anyway...I am curious to see how everyone else votes, though.

allamericangirl8

Wine After Whiskey. I don't even need to type up an essay to illustrate why it's clearly the better song, and among the Holy Trinity of awesome songs on BA (alongside TBC and FC).

cole

^Agreed! The part that makes the song is the very beginning. I love how it opens..it sounds kind of like a vibration at the start, which I think is guitar. But I'm not sure.

dsfox2009

I have placed my vote for Wine After Whiskey. Not because I think one song is better than the other, but strictly because I have the strongest gut feeling that BA is still going to pull out on top at the end anyways...

epicamends

Wine After Whiskey is perhaps my most favourite Carrie co-write ever, or at least tied with Two Black Cadillacs. It's an absolutely flawless song! It needs to be released as a single!

Pitocco

^Agreed! The part that makes the song is the very beginning. I love how it opens..it sounds kind of like a vibration at the start, which I think is guitar. But I'm not sure.
I dont know why, but to me it's always sounded to crystalline and pure, reminds me of a wine glass for some reason

cole

Yeah. Its higher pitched than a guitar. I like how Carrie says 'after' in this song.

WAW FTW!

carebearcarrie

Not going to lie. I hated Wine after Whiskey when BA first came out back in May. I was obsessed with Blown Away the song- but for some reason Ive had Wine After Whiskey on repeat. I cannot get enough of it. Its my current obsession.

WINE AFTER WHIKSEY!

pklongbeach

of course I went with BA. It is still Carries boldest statement (and personal artistic voice).
I put WAW on par (but not as good as) SDWISLY, which I believe to be one of Carries best recordings.
I'm gonna be mobbed for this, but I don't feel like the imagery of WAW works all that well.
The metephor is a little too thin for me.
BA blows the roof off the imagery department.
If ever I heard that "reedy" quailty that some critics accuse Carrie of having at times (which I rarely have ever heard) it would be during WAW in the second half of the chorus "...once you've tasted a love that strong, you can go back and you can't settle on.......".
I am being really nitpicky by the way.
It's amazingly sung!
But BA is still a defining moment for me with carrie.
And I'm not going to let WAW blow it away!

nccountrygal

WAW is haunting and gorgeous....I think it's her best song ever lol....I'm addicted to it.

Me too! I listen to it repeatedly each day! lol I can't explain it but her vocals on this song just really make this song sound so beautiful. I really think this is one of her best if not the best vocal she has done.