Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Sep 22 2012] Louisville, KY - KFC Yum! Center

hjj

There is definitely a double standard which may be changing if not should be with all the teacher student activities crossing the line. I figure there would be some criticism of this when I read about it.

sco

The point that those people were making is that if say someone like Justin Timberlake kissed a 12 year old girl you would have a whole lot more people saying that is creepy as opposed to any female artist doing the same thing which is true.

I thought that it was just harmless fun, but I can see where people could find it creepy.

Even if the genders had been reversed, handled the way it was would have still been sweet and innocent. It was cute that she was teasing him about her husband being there.

opry051008

they did have the back sections of the 300 level curtained off.Just the sides were open.Still big crowd and they/we loved every minute of the show.

Thanks Donna. I suspected that they didn't open the back section but I wasn't sure so I didn't want to depress anyone. lol. But since the KFC Yum Center can seat almost 15K, I think Carrie probably pulled of at least 10K this time. :)

opry051008

The show was amazing and the rockstar pants...oh my , I said last night after Sweet Emotion she looked like a total rock star on that stage! It was incredible!

Really amazing how good Carrie is.Running the gamut from sweet to vengeful and back again never missing a beat.lol

Videos ,per usual, do not do Carrie justice.She is so much more then what they can convey.

PS.Got to meet her before the show - gorgeous in the extreme!!
She was wearing the daisy duke shorts....be still my heart.

didn't have great seats ( tonight much better ones in Nashville)
rockstar ownage
img8729k.jpg

leaving the stage
img8749d.jpg

I'll get up more pics from both shows when I get home tomorrow

Donna how do you get such amazing pics. I think I have the same camera as you (Canon Powershot SX20 IS?) and my pics are lousy. If it's the same camera, what settings do you use?

opry051008

Even if the genders had been reversed, handled the way it was would have still been sweet and innocent. It was cute that she was teasing him about her husband being there.

I was a bit surprised that Carrie kissed him on the lips but when I saw the whole exchange and in the context of how it was done, I agree that it was done quite sweetly and innocently.

But that kid is the luckiest kid in the world. :)

JB172

Totally disagree, it could have been handled the same way with the male artist saying his wife was there and so on but if that had been a male artist who kissed a 12 year old girl there would be far more people who would find it "creepy".

huggablebri

I won't say the kiss was creepy. I will say it was mildly weird and slightly uncomfortable to watch.
it would be cute if the kid was five and not almost a teenager.

AdamJ

I do not see anything wrong with the kiss. It was just a peck (closed mouth) on the lips. I kissed my little 11 year old cousin (and all my family) that way when I left for college and when I came out to CA. GEEZ, I would have given anything for a first kiss from Carrie when I was young---and with my parents permission. (I am sure his parents were there too and were ok with it. Lucky kid!!!! Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

Carrie&Taylor

Donna how do you get such amazing pics. I think I have the same camera as you (Canon Powershot SX20 IS?) and my pics are lousy. If it's the same camera, what settings do you use?

Learn how to use all the settings before you use it. I have an old A60 and I use the Priority setting not auto. A photographer said pros never use the auto setting. Also to learn how to use the exposure settings to.

Schrodinger

My wife watched the video last night and when I told her some of the reactions she said, “Good grief!" Which is same reaction I had. Sexual predation had been covered up for so long that when society started to take notice the pendulum swung from ignorance to paranoia. In today’s climate we have become so jaded that there is no room for sweet and innocent. It has become the Salem witch hunts all over again. Two well known cases of witch hunting, one in California and on in Wenatchee, WA, have ruined a lot of lives for nothing more than trying to care for children. Big Brother has trouble finding men in some areas of the country because they are afraid they will be falsely accused.

One commentator on MJ’s blog said it was wrong in today’s society. What? If is wrong now then it was wrong then. If she meant it could be misinterpreted in today’s society then that would make sense. How anybody could look at this and not see it as a sweet gesture is beyond me. Carrie commented Mike was in the audience, it was before 1000’s of people,kid was not there alone, at least one of his parents was most likely there and if anyone would have a problem with it it would be them. If they have no problem then why should anyone else. Yet people want to sexualize it and make it dirty.

When I read these kinds asinine comments I think of Kelly’s song “You Can’t Win” Kelly has taken a lot more flak from people and the press making stupid & untrue comments than Carrie has. She struck back the only way she could, through this song. So when I read crap about Carrie I just think of these lyrics.

If you go
They say you're following
If you don't
Then you're too good for them
If you smile
You must be ignorant
If you don't - what's your problem?

If you`re down - so ungrateful
And if you're happy - why so selfish?
And you can't win, no
You can't win, no

The one who doesn't quite fit in
Underdressed
Under your skin, oh
A walking disaster
Everytime you try to fly you end up falling out of line
Oh, you can't
You can' win, no

If you're thin
Poor little walking disease
If you're not
They're all screaming obese
If you're straight
why aren't you married yet?
If you're gay why aren't you waving a flag?
If it's wrong, you're nailing it
If it's right, you always miss
You can't win, no
You can't win, no

Underdressed
Under your skin, oh
A walking disaster
Oh, you can't
You can' win, no
Under your skin, oh
A walking disaster
Oh, you can't
You can' win, no

And you try
You try so hard
But it's written on your heart
And you play
You play the game
But you pay
You pay for it
You can't win, no
You can't win, no

If you speak
You'll only piss 'em off
If you don't
You're another robot
If you stop
They just say you quit
If you don't
You might lose your ****
You can't win, no
You can't win, no
You can't win, no

Underdressed
Under your skin, oh
A walking disaster
Oh, you can't
You can' win, no.

sco

Schrodinger makes a very good point. I'm quite sure anybody in the public eye learns very quickly that they can't please everybody. If they spend time worrying about criticism they will just make themselves miserable. There were actually people trying to make something improper about Brad's comments about his four year old's crush on Carrie. People will say what they want to say. Carrie and any other public person can only do what they think is right. She made that little boy's night and gave him a sweet memory and story to tell.