Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Server move & new ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokyiiis

OMy...thanks for everything James and continued best wishes in all your new adventures! You built an awesome Carrie fan forum and I've enjoyed all my years here!

meroko

Thank you so much for everything, James! I can't believe it's been 8 years! Good luck to everything! Cheers!

Chris

Administrator
Hello all,

I never commented in this thread before but I wanted to leave my contact information here in case I need to be contacted about any future site issues or outages. You can email me at carriefanshelp@gmail.com.

PRGuy79

Great to see that the hacker has apparently been defeated and that the site has returned to normal! Thank you to whoever is responsible for this victory!

thaifood

Can someone put a stop to those commercials that load & begin to automatically play every time you click a new page?

Kizmet311

I emailed Chris, the new owner, about the "server busy" messages. I still get them on a daily basis - at least once a day. The traffic on this site is much lighter than it was years ago and back then we only crashed it when there was a major amount of people logged on to talk about something new with Carrie. Consider how easy it now is for the server to be "busy", I worry that we won't be able to access CF when real news starts breaking about the album, when the single is released, when the album is released, etc. I won't know what to do if I can't get on here and talk to all of you about new Carrie music, lol. Hopefully he can do something to make the server function a little better.

pklongbeach

...yes it is definitely disheartening. Especially when I go on 3 paragraph tyraids and then hit enter and it says server busy!!!!!! Augh!!!

Kizmet311

I am happy to report that Chris responded to my email within a couple of hours of me sending it. He asked how long the problem had been occurring. I told him several months to a year (feels like forever, but I'm not sure). I did tell him that the server busy messages pre-dated the hack that occurred recently. I told him that we have gotten used to it, but that I have concerns about the site staying "busy" when information starts to break about Carrie's new CD. He didn't give me a timeline or anything, but I was happy he responded so quickly.

Kizmet311

Chris emailed me again today. His message is below. I'm so happy that he is turning out to be just as helpful and supportive as James was when he ran the site!

I have my programmer looking into this. Apparently the forum software has a load limiter built into to keep the load from getting so high that it crashes the server. We're trying to make adjustments to it now and I'll get back to you, but this is obviously a problem I want to get fixed and I appreciate you bringing it up.

thaifood

Kizmet, I for one just don't buy that explanation. I have tried to go from one page t another & gotten server busy messages. IO have been right in the middle of writing something & tried to post it only to get server busy. If I am already on the site there should be no issue with a load limit. But, at least he got back to you.

maddkat

Staff member
^ kind of agree.I get the server message sometimes early morning when there's hardly anyone on

Kizmet311

I am just appreciative of his responsiveness to me and to the issue. I am not sure how involved he is in the site maintenance or how familiar he even is with the software on the site. He may have taken it over from James and just kind of lets it run itself unless we alert him to a problem. Hopefully he will realize how utilized the site is and work to get a solution to the server busy problems.

Chris

Administrator
Can someone put a stop to those commercials that load & begin to automatically play every time you click a new page?

Can you tell me what types of ads you're getting? Is anyone else seeing that? There shouldn't be any other ads other than the normal google ads as far as I know.

thaifood said:
Kizmet, I for one just don't buy that explanation. I have tried to go from one page t another & gotten server busy messages. IO have been right in the middle of writing something & tried to post it only to get server busy. If I am already on the site there should be no issue with a load limit. But, at least he got back to you.

That's what my programmer told me, it can also be that there could be all these automatic bots indexing and accessing the site (some good and some bad). These won't show up as users but still carry a load on the site.

I actually just adjusted the server limit setting about a day ago. Has anyone noticed a difference, either better or worse in the last day?

Status
Not open for further replies.