Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Server move & new ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaifood

Can you tell me what types of ads you're getting? Is anyone else seeing that? There shouldn't be any other ads other than the normal google ads as far as I know.

That's what my programmer told me, it can also be that there could be all these automatic bots indexing and accessing the site (some good and some bad). These won't show up as users but still carry a load on the site.

I actually just adjusted the server limit setting about a day ago. Has anyone noticed a difference, either better or worse in the last day?

Chris I get different ads depending on which thread I am in. It is those little box ads at the top of the thread, they load & begin playing & sometimes they won't even let me scroll down the thread as it keeps jumping back to the top so I have to watch the damn thing. Now, please keep in mind it doesn't happen all the time & not even most of the time, but when it does, it is more than annoying.

And in answer to your 2nd question, I got server busy, twice yesterday.

Kizmet311

Well, I tried to post a response to this thread in the last 30 minutes or so and got a server busy message after I finished typing my message and hit post. I canceled the reply and went back to searching the forum and had no problems. I have typed responses in a couple of other threads with no problems. Immediately after I got the server busy message when posting, I was still able to go back to searching new posts with no trouble. This is unlike the server busy messages I typically get when moving from page to page in the forum that last for long period of time without me being able to get back in.

Also, I have had the same problems as Thaifood with those square ads. These are the square ads that appear on the right hand side of the first post on a page. Most of the time they are just a picture and cause no problems, but sometimes they are a video instead and I experience the same problems with scrolling when the video plays.

Chris

Administrator
Increase or decrease

And in answer to your 2nd question, I got server busy, twice yesterday.

Just so I have a means of comparison, is that better or worse than before? How often was it occurring prior?

Kizmet311 - is this much better than you previously experienced before?

Gator

Chris, FYI - I haven't gotten "server busy" message all day. MUCH BETTER for me! Thank you!

Chris

Administrator
I haven't gotten one in 2 whole days!!! Much, much better! Thank you!!

That's great - it sounds like we're moving in the right direction. I'm actually going to increase the threshold/limit even higher - the goal is that we shouldn't be getting messages like that under normal load.

I'm making another adjustment now, please report back on how things are on Friday regarding any server messages.

maddkat

Staff member
Just got the server busy error at 8:24 am E lasted about 15 minutes.
There were no new posts before or after

right after posting this I got the server busy again

Kizmet311

I just tried to log on a few minutes ago (it is now 8:49am) and I got the server busy message. I had left the tab on my browser for a minute and just came back to it and hit "new posts" again and it came back up. The problem for me is always in the morning, but this obviously didn't last long. Got the message as soon as went to the site, left the tab for a couple minutes, came back, and the site was working again.

The Nanook

Brief server busy message just now at 12:30 PT. This was about an hour after someone posted a photo from the new music video shoot, but traffic on the site said there were about 120 people online (members and guests) which is about average for any typical day.

Status
Not open for further replies.