Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Single #3 - Two Black Cadillacs

twaintrain

Just wanted to say YAY! TBC is my favorite song on BA. So happy they chose it as the third single. I think it will be a bigger hit than GG or BA. And with the momentum this song will give her, she should be a lock for Female Vocalist at the ACMs.

PRGuy79

^Do tractors actually get "cranked" anymore? I'm not a farmer, but that seems kind of outdated. I mean: What are we talking about here, a Model-T tractor!?! :)

PRGuy79

Excited to hear about the filming of the video. With Carrie behind the wheel of one of the cars, that assures us she is playing an active role - not just as a narrator. I love that! I had thought the cadillacs would be limos provided by the funeral home, but with Carrie driving (combined with previous Carrie comments that the cars could have been gifts from the dead husband/lover) I'm guessing they are taking a different approach.

Can't wait to see what the twist is! Maybe they cut the brakes and that leads to an accident? Oh, the possibilities...

dsfox2009

Since she chose this as the next single, I hope that the single list will go like this:
Good Girl
Blown Away
Two Black Cadillacs
Cupid's Got A Shotgun
One Way Ticket (For summer)

And I hope she sings Two Black Cadillacs tonight. We've had Blown Away performances since May, before the music video. I love the song and everything but I think it's time for a change!

PERFECT singles list! Personally, I would finish off with WAW after OWT, but that's just me getting my hopes up haha

Schrodinger

I see how they're a tiny bit similar, but not much.Ones about a crazy possessive person, and the other about getting revenge on a spouse/lover who cheated.

And the lesbian idea for the video would indeed be so delicious but being Carrie & country music never gonna happen.They'll stick with the traditional cheating man plot I'm sure.:p

I have inkling that I Kissed A Girl In My Truck would have some problems getting country airplay despite the there being a truck and all.:p

Pi314CA

I have inkling that I Kissed A Girl In My Truck would have some problems getting country airplay despite the there being a truck and all.:p

That may be. But, country radio will be playing Lee Brice's new tune a lot. It's called "I Drove Your Truck", to be released Dec 3rd. Yet, another truck song... :p

Schrodinger

I heard TBC this morning on 99.9 for the first time. It was on the Morning show which is the most popular country show in the region. The station is having a big promotion and ticket giveaway. :D

Schrodinger

That may be. But, country radio will be playing Lee Brice's new tune a lot. It's called "I Drove Your Truck", to be released Dec 3rd. Yet, another truck song... :p

There are a lot of things I find sexy, but double entendres involving farm machinery and trucks are not amount them. Every time I hear one of these songs the theme from Deliverance starts playing in my head. The South and country music have tried so hard to shed the image of the ignorant southern good old boys and using farm machinery and trucks to describe sex is just not helping that cause.

maddkat

Staff member
There are a lot of things I find sexy, but double entendres involving farm machinery and trucks are not amount them. Every time I hear one of these songs the theme from Deliverance starts playing in my head. The South and country music have tried so hard to shed the image of the ignorant southern good old boys and using farm machinery and trucks to describe sex is just not helping that cause.

I agree 100%, however Lee's new song doesn't fall into that category.It's about him driving his brother's truck.His brother having been killed in war.

Schrodinger

I agree 100%, however Lee's new song doesn't fall into that category.It's about him driving his brother's truck.His brother having been killed in war.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I wasn't speaking of Brice's song as another truck song, I was thinking songs like She Cranks My Tractor and the growing number of truck songs that play this game. Top off with the inane 8th grade humor of Truck Yeah. If you read the thread I was not the one who said Lee's song was another truck song.

Manchs

Carrie's facebook account posted about her performance on the AMAs with this pic. I suppose it's the single cover:

481882_10151245306759568_1612030391_n.jpg